• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 mt80

mt80

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 04:53 AM

Hey how's it going. Have had my xbox modded for a long time now. To make a long story short, somebody in my house decided to use my xbox 120 GB HDD to see if it would work on there half @ss attempted softmodded xbox. Needless to say my HDD bit the dust. The person graciously offered to replace my HDD with a 300 GB HDD which is where the problem comes in. I used Slayers 2.5 to format and reinstall the HDD, but it's only using 137 GB of the 300. So I'm guessing that the bios I have doesn't support 300 GB and was wondering if there is a bios already included with the Slayers 2.5 auto installer that I can use, if not, what bios can I use and how can I get it on my xbox being that I no longer have the usb cable to connect to the chip?

Thanks for your help,

Mike.

#2 red.bull.x

red.bull.x

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:reverse engineering, c, delphi, 32bit assembler, beer and video games.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 November 2005 - 02:28 PM

Hey how's it going. Have had my xbox modded for a long time now. To make a long story short, somebody in my house decided to use my xbox 120 GB HDD to see if it would work on there half @ss attempted softmodded xbox. Needless to say my HDD bit the dust. The person graciously offered to replace my HDD with a 300 GB HDD which is where the problem comes in. I used Slayers 2.5 to format and reinstall the HDD, but it's only using 137 GB of the 300. So I'm guessing that the bios I have doesn't support 300 GB and was wondering if there is a bios already included with the Slayers 2.5 auto installer that I can use, if not, what bios can I use and how can I get it on my xbox being that I no longer have the usb cable to connect to the chip?

mt80,

Well, first off we need a little more information about your box, i.e. what mod-chip do you currently have installed, what version is your box, hdd specs, 300 gig hdd dosnt really give us any clue as to what drive you are currently using... If you are using, the make and model would be nice.. smile.gif

Furthermore, your current Bios should support it, if not try upgrading the BIOS. Flash ur chip with the latest version and that should fix ur problem. fyi, you can install just about any size drive on a softmod. I currently have a 300 gig westren digital in one of my softmods.

Good Luck! beerchug.gif

#3 mt80

mt80

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 04:35 PM

QUOTE(red.bull.x @ Nov 10 2005, 02:35 PM)
mt80,

Well, first off we need a little more information about your box, i.e. what mod-chip do you currently have installed, what version is your box, hdd specs, 300 gig hdd dosnt really give us any clue as to what drive you are currently using... If you are using, the make and model would be nice.. smile.gif

Furthermore, your current Bios should support it, if not try upgrading the BIOS. Flash ur chip with the latest version and that should fix ur problem. fyi, you can install just about any size drive on a softmod. I currently have a 300 gig westren digital in one of my softmods.

Good Luck!  beerchug.gif

View Post

I need to update to X-chip Bios v 1.3, but I'm not able to flash it using Xcontrol, I can't get that 'X' in the top left hand corner to turn green. Is there any other way I can flash an X-Chip? My xbox is a v 1.1 and the bios I currently have is Bios v 1.0 The HDD is a maxtor 7200 rpm EIDE

#4 Kryxan

Kryxan

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 12 November 2005 - 02:56 AM

check the driver your using for the xchip, and the app software as well. the xchip needs to use a current driver and app. its possible that the versions you have are not fully compable with your comp. i know i had trouble early one due to using outdated software. so make sure they are the latest version. then you should be able to flash the xchip with the latest bios. otherwise id just flash one of your banks with ind-bios or something else recent by entering the setup on the xchip, should be start button.

#5 Kevlar218

Kevlar218

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 07:20 AM

I just installed a Western Digital 160gb HD to my v1.1 xbox and used the X-chip with the newest 1.3 bios but it still won't read the /F partition. I am unable to ftp games or even create folders in the partition. I have modded many xboxes and this is the first time I have ran into the problem. Is there a certain setting in the bios setup that I need to switch?

#6 pricemeista33

pricemeista33

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 09:05 PM

In order to get your (137GB & up) HDD to register its full capabilities. You must enter the Bios setup and go to the "ADVANCE BIOS FEATURES" page. Under the "LBA Mode" ensure that you have, "LBA48 F: Only selected! Under the "Use Partion" feature, ensure that the "Enable" is selected.

This should do the trick if you have selected to to use the "F: & C:" partition setup when installing "Evox".

#7 BlackRob

BlackRob

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 30 May 2006 - 06:56 PM

QUOTE(pricemeista33 @ Apr 17 2006, 04:12 PM) View Post

In order to get your (137GB & up) HDD to register its full capabilities. You must enter the Bios setup and go to the "ADVANCE BIOS FEATURES" page. Under the "LBA Mode" ensure that you have, "LBA48 F: Only selected! Under the "Use Partion" feature, ensure that the "Enable" is selected.

This should do the trick if you have selected to to use the "F: & C:" partition setup when installing "Evox".

Having a similar issue with a 300gb. I can get past the 137 barrier, but when the space is down to 14GB free (276GB) full, it doesn't copy anything, and tons of things start disappearing IE, Emulators, games, etc. I've searched and couldn't find a topic in regards to this. Anyone know of anything I can do. No chip, it is softmodded with the Evox_4983_06 on ANY 2001 early 2004 models.

#8 binskin

binskin

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 10:38 AM

Same problem as the above, just found out the hardway and lost all my music, thought something was odd this morning when trying to ftp across files, was doing so - but only at 25kbps, also copied across files and gave them weird extensions and symbols that i cant remove through ftp.

Currently running an old Aladdin chip with the M18 eject update fix bios with a 300gb seagate hdd.

#9 cropduster

cropduster

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 01:46 AM

Ditto.

300GB HD. softmod. F: but no G:. Once F: is almost full... (14GB left sounds about right).. everything on F: slowly disappeared. Right now.. I've got a 250+GB F: drive that shows no files in the directory... and shows about 1GB free (looks like the file tables were corrupted or written over).

I had this happen once before... I disected the install scripts and ran the format on the F: partition only. That fixed it until recently... when I filled the disk again.

A question for the experts:

I can reformat and get my F: drive back to normal (i.e. when empty; showing all the unallocated space)... but I'm guessing that this will happen again unless I upgrade the BIOS to properly support the drive.

There are lots of BIOS's... some seem to be tied to specific mod chips (but mine's a softmod). Is there a particular rev/type that should be used in my situation?

... Inquiring minds....

#10 pricemeista33

pricemeista33

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 08:00 PM

You guys must ensure that you have formatted the drive properly. If not then things will start to disappear so I advise you to reformat using Slayer's 2.6 or 2.7 if it's out yet. Search around for other bioses which will work instead of just one to rely on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users