#1 311fan311

311fan311

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 06:00 AM

someone please help.
softmodded with UXE splinter cell exploit
evox dash loads but will not play original or backup games, nor will it load apps like xbmc or dvd2xbox. It loads boxexplorer, but that's about it. Anything i can do without uninstalling and restarting to achieve successful softmod that runs everything. I accidentally changed the partition of my x,y, and z drives to 0, i don't know if that affected ability to load. HELP!

#2 Epaige

Epaige

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 09 November 2005 - 06:08 AM

Yeah if the partition size of x y z drives is zero..that would be your problem you need to get them back to what they are supposed to be...the xbox uses those for temp file and stuff...Im not sure what size they should be sumthing over 700 i think but if sumone dont chime in and tell you try searching it..im gonna go try search rite now for ya..

Edit: Ok from what ive read at xbox linux those are game cache prtitions and need to be 750mb each...

Edited by Epaige, 09 November 2005 - 06:18 AM.

#3 311fan311

311fan311

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 06:26 AM

ok thank you this is a start.
now how do i repartition those drives if i can't run a partitioner program anymore. i loaded the partitioner and ran the default.xbe but it just refreshes on the evox dash and won't load it. Will i have to take the hard drive out at this point or is there someway to get the program to load. Thanks!

#4 311fan311

311fan311

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 06:50 AM

is it possible to reformat folders on a retail xbox hard drive without taking the hard drive out. i changed my x y z drives to zero from 750MB with a partitioner and now can't load the partitioner program again. HELP!

#5 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,198 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 09 November 2005 - 06:54 AM

It's possible, but if you've changed the partition tables just reformatting isn't going to change anything.

#6 311fan311

311fan311

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 07:07 AM

I had space on my xyz drives and tried to partition them down to 0 to make more room on the C partition, but now i know i need those and can't run games without them. how can i reformat my xyz drives in the original hard drive. Flashfxp still shows space on the drives, but my evox dash shows 0 space on all three and now i can't load any games, backups, or apps.

#7 311fan311

311fan311

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 07:11 AM

ok then, how can i possibly change the partition tables?
can i just install a new hard drive and run everything from that drive?

#8 Vayate

Vayate

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 November 2005 - 07:26 AM

Do it with Slayers or Evox. For Evox, just stick "Format F" as an action and add a menu item that says to execute it (double-check with someone else, since you might need something else... I'm no Evox expert). You could also format over HTTP, I think.

Edited by Vayate, 09 November 2005 - 07:28 AM.

#9 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderators
  • 10,198 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 07:36 AM

QUOTE(311fan311 @ Nov 9 2005, 01:33 PM)
ok thank you this is a start.
now how do i repartition those drives if i can't run a partitioner program anymore. i loaded the partitioner and ran the default.xbe but it just refreshes on the evox dash and won't load it. Will i have to take the hard drive out at this point or is there someway to get the program to load. Thanks!

View Post

Well, I suppose you could redo it with Slayers..

It uses the partition tables from the disk.bin backup which may, may mind you, repartition and then format the drives properly.

If you don't want to wipe the whole box, then take a look at the following code from the Slayers' evox.ini:

CODE
[Action_60]

Info "FULL Format of RETAIL XBOX HDD"
Warning "This will erase ALL data on the HD!"
Warning "Make sure you have a full HD backup!"
Progress "Formatting..."

ConfigSector "\disk.bin"
Format c:
Format e:
Format f:
Format g:
Format x:
Format y:
Format z:

You could change that to just format the X Y & Z cache drives rather than the whole thing, but this is only educated speculation. Never tried it, but seems logical (that's not promise of success though).

#10 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderators
  • 10,198 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 07:38 AM

Topics Merged: You'll just confuse people if you spread your info across three threads.

#11 311fan311

311fan311

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 07:58 AM

ok so
i would change the evox.ini file on the slayer's disk, burn a new one (updated and altered) and run it, or could i add it via ftp to the already existing evox.ini? Would i need to put the disk.bin in the root or could it stay in the backup folder? Thanks for your help

#12 47_M450N_47

47_M450N_47

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts
  • Interests:Xbox modding, anything with computers and networking. Gaming. Shooting stuff, blowing up stuff.
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 November 2005 - 08:04 AM

have you tried burning an xiso of the partitioning program to a cd and seeing if the xbox will load it then? odds are it wont work but its worth a try and could save you a lot of time

#13 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderators
  • 10,198 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 08:55 AM

QUOTE(311fan311 @ Nov 9 2005, 03:05 PM)
ok so
i would change the evox.ini file on the slayer's disk, burn a new one (updated and altered) and run it, or could i add it via ftp to the already existing evox.ini? Would i need to put the disk.bin in the root or could it stay in the backup folder? Thanks for your help

View Post

You can put the disk.bin where ever you want if you reflect that location in the Action code path.

And, yes, you could add it to any evox.ini, even the one on your Xbox HDD so long as you get all the coding right (the menu line entry, the Action code, etc.).

Just depends on how much you want to try yourself.

#14 311fan311

311fan311

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 05:05 PM

ok
tried burning an xiso and running a partitioner, that didn't work
tried formatting the drives using evox, that didn't work
but does the hard drive need to be unlocked to reformat, because i believe the hard drive locks upon booting the evox dash, not sure though.
and if i unlock it and reboot the xbox will i still be able to go back in a relock it or will i get the error screen?

#15 47_M450N_47

47_M450N_47

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts
  • Interests:Xbox modding, anything with computers and networking. Gaming. Shooting stuff, blowing up stuff.
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 November 2005 - 05:08 PM

the drive does have to be unlocked to format, or it has been the times i have tried it. i am unsure about whether you will get an error screen when you unlock it in the xbox or not...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users