Rhionin

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 10 November 2005 - 06:30 AM

Alright, so I have just replaced my UXE softmod with the Ndure PC install softmod (I already love it for the lack of hangtime on startup)

I am having a bit of a hard time working with the MS dash, though. When I go to the MSdash option (UnleashX) it tells me that it cant find the C:xboxdash.xbe file. So I looked in my C drive and, lo and behold!! Nothing is there! (Is that supposed to happen?) but my xbox can still reboot safely so, plan B.

After turning on my xbox with the eject..... I get error 21.... whats going on?

P.S. In case you are wondering how I installed Ndure, I deleted all of the previous C and E files, except my save files.

#2 krizalid

krizalid

X-S Expert

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 10 November 2005 - 11:32 AM

hmm.... if you used krayzie's Ndure installer do this.

boot the installer of the softmod, try doing manually the restore of your MS dash 5960(retail, and unmodded) to C drive, and E drive, there isn't much do do, but you can delete E:\dashboard, just for a clean start up, and the C backup once restored.

you'll fully install Ndure.

when powering with eject button it should now load MS dash, but when your running modded, it wont.

now that Emptly C drive you get after installer Ndure, is a virtual C that hides all boot files for the softmod, preventing you from tampering, and messing up the xbox.

but!!!, you can format that virtual C drive, and add your retail MS dash 5960 files there, or any other dash and use it from there.

my typing could be funny, but i try to help, this is in no way agressive, or a you n00b post. smile.gif

#3 Neilor

Neilor

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 10 November 2005 - 01:22 PM

Get a copy of a retail dashboard setup (All the C: Drive) from Slayers or a friend with a modded Xbox.

Burn to DVD or FTP into your box and copy onto the blank C: drive, you should be good to go.

#4 Rhionin

Rhionin

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 06:19 PM

Alright, I have Kingroach's FTP installer by the way, and I am getting a copy of SlaYers today so I should hopefully be able to restore my C drive to retail state with that.

So after I restore my C back to total retail condition, do I just FTP the Kingroach files over and overwrite anything that it needs to?

#5 deadparrot

deadparrot

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,300 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 November 2005 - 07:42 PM

Extract the Slayers ISO, find the retail C files, and simply FTP them over. They will end up in your shadowC (which is empty, and what you are seeing).

#6 Ndure protagonist

Ndure protagonist

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 09:55 PM

Rhionin, I suggest you try this:

create a folder named Ndure in C:\ (on the PC)

create a folder named C in C:\Ndure

copy SlaYers2.6's/SYSTEM/ALL/c contents (it's 171 MB) into C:\Ndure\C

run Ndure2.1.exe
[Next]
[Next]
C:\Ndure (*IMPORTANT: it's not the C folder here*)
[Next]
[Finish]

C:\Ndure\C is now 496 MB and C:\Ndure\E is 2.86

ftp entire C:\Ndure\E contents (3 folders [2 are empty]) to Xbox's E

delete Xbox's entire (real)C contents

ftp entire C:\Ndure\C contents (7 folders and 2 files) to Xbox's (real)C

re-start Xbox

(its virtual C is empty initially, so it's a good idea to ftp the SlaYers2.6's/SYSTEM/ALL/c contents into there now too)

#7 Rhionin

Rhionin

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 06:45 AM

Alright, I followed all of your steps, although I am kind of unsure on two parts:

When I run Ndure, I proceeded with the full retail setup, and I also checked the Nkpatcher .67, since I have a 160 HD. I hope that's right.

Also, your last suggestion

(its virtual C is empty initially, so it's a good idea to ftp the SlaYers2.6's/SYSTEM/ALL/c contents into there now too)

What is the virtual C? just want to make sure that I don't mess anything up...

Oh.... and P.S... I still get error 21 when I start my xbox with eject... would it relate at all to the fact that when I attempt to send the contents of PC/C:/Ndure/c/ to my Xbox, it gives me an error while trying to send m$xboxdash.xbe? I can still successfully send it, though, when I send it alone.

Another quick comment, I have a few loose ends in my Xbox/E:/(U/T)data folder(s) that leave mod traces, are they interfering?

#8 Ndure protagonist

Ndure protagonist

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 08:09 AM

I don't think you need the .67 with a 160 but don't think it matters either (and no doubt someone more knowledgeable about that will correct me if I'm mistaken).

Re. the Xbox/E:/(U/T)data folder(s), they're not currently a concern or cause of problems (provided there's no hacked Halo2 content).

I believe I know what's happened (and it's nothing to worry about) but let's confirm to be sure ... when you boot the softmod is there an xbox/C:/shadowc directory and, if so, what size is the shadowc.img in it?

#9 Rhionin

Rhionin

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 08:48 AM

Correct, there is no hacked Halo 2 content (or anything else for that matter)

As for my Xbox/C:/Shadowc/ there is no ShadowC.img but there is a Filler1.img and it is 21 MB

#10 Ndure protagonist

Ndure protagonist

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 09:22 AM

My bad; the steps I posted weren't quite right for you now, because you already had an active virtual C (from the initial install you'd performed). Here's how to proceed...

In kingroach's installer select just the 'Add Ndure Toolset' (you don't need to choose anything more than that this time) and install it to C:\Ndure too.

After doing that, ftp its (pc)\C:\Ndure\E\ndts directory (and all contents) over into (xbox)/E/Apps.

Your dashboard's "Applications" list will now include the 'Ndure Toolset' (when it's next refreshed).

When you launch it, the LED will go RED and its dash appears (red because it's now referencing your REAL C, not the virtual C).

Now, assuming you still have the 496 MB C:/Ndure/C, perform the last 4 steps I posted again (from the "delete Xbox's entire (real)C contents" onwards); this time you should get the retail (eject) boot too...

#11 Rhionin

Rhionin

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 06:16 PM

Alright cool, my MS dash boots when I power with eject. But when I put in my copy of H2 and access XBL, it tries to update my dashboard and fails... is my eeprom blocked?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users