5 replies to this topic

#1 CWell1337

CWell1337

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 08:43 AM

Ok, I softmodded and Upgraded a buddy's HDD for his and everything and it works fine. The only thing I can't remember is how to format the G drive. I have Slayer's disc but I can't find the option to 'Format G' on it anywhere.

Anyone know where I might have missed it, or an alternative way to Format the G drive?

BTW, using Slayer's v2.6 and softmodded with Krayzie's SC Ndure v2.6 (or whichever is newest).

#2 StepsAscend

StepsAscend

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 10 November 2005 - 08:55 AM

You have to have it enabled in your bios. Then when you format, it will show up.

#3 CWell1337

CWell1337

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 09:49 AM

uhh, i softmodded, i don't mess with the bios at all. all i can mes with is evox, whatever options slayers disc gives me, and krayze's tool.

#4 kronologik

kronologik

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 03:04 PM

QUOTE(CWell1337 @ Nov 10 2005, 09:56 AM)
uhh, i softmodded, i don't mess with the bios at all. all i can mes with is evox, whatever options slayers disc gives me, and krayze's tool.

View Post

You need a boot disk with a BIOS that support a G partition and flash the BIOS with that. I am not sure how to do that with a softmod. I modded my xbox a while ago and I ran into exactly the same problems, but I did my modding with an Xecuter2.6.

#5 spongy

spongy

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 10 November 2005 - 05:28 PM

^^^Please don't tell a softmodder to flash his bios.

You only need a G: drive if your hdd is over 300 gigs. If it is (or you just want a G:), be sure you chose "Nkpatcher .67" when installing with Krayzie's. Then, go to your dash and enable G:. You should be able to format G from your dash too.

Good luck

#6 oxjeremy334

oxjeremy334

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,844 posts
  • Interests:Being a Rhinestone Cowboy
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 10 November 2005 - 06:02 PM

You don't even need a g drive then, since you can use xbpartitioner to make 32kb clusters, since NKpatcher allows custom partitions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users