5 replies to this topic

#1 bluemanred

bluemanred

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 01:47 PM

i hooked my xbox in to my computers second network card with a crossover cable. at my old house, it worked just fine and the xbox detected the connection and the ip really quickly. i tried hooking it up in this new house, and the light is on in the place i put the cable in on my computer and the xbox, but the ip address stays at 0.0.0.0. it used to say 0.0.0.0 and then shortly afterward it would detect it, but its not anymore. any suggestions?

Edited by bluemanred, 10 November 2005 - 01:48 PM.

#2 ace_012

ace_012

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 552 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 10 November 2005 - 01:58 PM

Ok so your xbox is modded? Pretty much I had to change the IP when I FTPed into my xbox...

#3 bluemanred

bluemanred

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 02:09 PM

yeah, obviously tongue.gif

how else could i say that i could FTP before but now i cant? plus i have my xbox info in my sig

#4 ItchyB

ItchyB

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 10 November 2005 - 02:09 PM

QUOTE(bluemanred @ Nov 10 2005, 11:24 PM)
i hooked my xbox in to my computers second network card with a crossover cable. at my old house, it worked just fine and the xbox detected the connection and the ip really quickly. i tried hooking it up in this new house, and the light is on in the place i put the cable in on my computer and the xbox, but the ip address stays at 0.0.0.0. it used to say 0.0.0.0 and then shortly afterward it would detect it, but its not anymore. any suggestions?

View Post

What changed between old and new house? for the xbox to get an IP when using a crossover cable you usually have to have ICS activated.

#5 ace_012

ace_012

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 552 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 10 November 2005 - 02:19 PM

how else could i say that i could FTP before but now i cant? plus i have my xbox info in my sig

Actually you didn't say anytihng about FTPing, you could'ive just as easly been trying to play xbox live by using your computer as a bridge...

And sometihng had to change like possibly your settings? Like what ItchyB was talking about.

#6 bluemanred

bluemanred

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 02:21 PM

the only thing that changed is the cable modem and im connected from a different place than before. i'll try ICS when i get home from school ( mad.gif ) and post a reply.

btw, should i enable ICS on the first card (with the cable modem in it), the second (with the crossover in it), or both?

Edited by bluemanred, 10 November 2005 - 02:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users