6 replies to this topic

#1 polarz

polarz

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 16 April 2003 - 12:04 PM

I was wondering if anyone has tried the white top princos with a new firmware. I'd like to know for sure before I buy 100 of them. Thanks

http://store.yahoo.c.../princo-fs.html

#2 oswald

oswald

X-S Genius

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • Interests:kicking ass and taking names in the BST forum
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 16 April 2003 - 03:59 PM

i bought a 25 pack of whitetop princos, and the salesman sold them as 1x discs, they burn at 2x fine for me, and the backups play fine and fast.

#3 b0ink

b0ink

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 16 April 2003 - 11:04 PM

Be careful... Princos can go bad 6-7 months after you burn. I would think about using a better media. I have a friend that is now reburning everything he has on Princo because he has had so many go bad.

#4 jesterrace777

jesterrace777

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 17 April 2003 - 12:16 AM

For Polarz I agree with B0ink, have you made sure that your Princos have withstood the test of time first? Also have you used them in XBOX before. I have some of these and some games work perfectly and others won't work at all. I transfered them over to Ritek DVD-R and they all work perfectly.

#5 jwarrior

jwarrior

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 17 April 2003 - 01:07 AM

What is a good quailty dvd-r? I was thinking Sony, but they are expensive.

#6 Crash N Burn

Crash N Burn

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 17 April 2003 - 01:56 AM

QUOTE (b0ink @ Apr 16 2003, 04:04 PM)
Be careful... Princos can go bad 6-7 months after you burn.  I would think about using a better media.  I have a friend that is now reburning everything he has on Princo because he has had so many go bad.

Damm I'm glad you guys saw this to . I just thought it was me . I bought a 50pk about 8mnths ago and both my DVD players stoped reading 90% of 'em. I couldn't figure out what the prob. was . 1/2 of the ones I have work fine in my computer the other half don't . Stumped the hell out of me to say the least .

I use Ritec , TDK(expensive) and PCClub cheapies now and they all work fine . Although Princos worked great to at the time , so I guess time will tell .

BTW You might want to put labels on the blank silver top DVD-r's , They can scratch REAL EASILY and they tend to peal after time wink.gif

Here's a link to PCClub , not a bad price for a 50pk.....
PCClub House Brand DVD-R

Just be careful there are Ritec bootlegs out there , so if I were you , buy from a repitable dealer.

.............................................................Crash N Burn

#7 b0ink

b0ink

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 17 April 2003 - 03:31 AM

I burn mostly +R... But for noname -R media I would recommend Ritek or Samsung BeAl. Your milage may vary depending on the cdrom type in your xbox. Name brand media has been getting cheeper recently. If you keep an eye open for good sales you can find name brand media at a good price ($1 - $1.30 a blank). A few weeks ago I picked up a several spindles of 50 verbaitum +R's for $55 each.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users