#1 zoink2000

zoink2000

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 November 2005 - 03:34 AM

Has anyone been successful in accessing all songs in the game? Unlike the first, its not simple folders but rather all archived. The .ark files are actually ogg files containing the songs, the downloadable songs (from both versions) and the songs from the first one ... so all together 200 or so possible songs, but cant figure out how to unlock it.

main_0.ark is the only one that is not a sound file, but rather some form of archive ... not sure what format, but im working on finding out. Hopefully from there it will be easy.

#2 mark_in_2k

mark_in_2k

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 11 November 2005 - 03:59 PM

Can't really help you out, but I'm looking forward to unlocking all those songs too! Loved the 1st game, can't wait to get this one too!

#3 jonkiller

jonkiller

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 11:52 PM

what program to use to open .ark files!!!!

thanks

#4 nester5005

nester5005

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 11:39 AM

first off..dont have it yet but will soon so I can help out...

quick question.... are you saying that all the songs are already included in the disk just archived...and that the downloadable content will just allow unlock of this?
Makes sense if that is the case..

#5 mark_in_2k

mark_in_2k

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 12 November 2005 - 03:56 PM

QUOTE(nester5005 @ Nov 12 2005, 05:46 AM)
first off..dont have it yet but will soon so I can help out...

quick question.... are you saying that all the songs are already included in the disk just archived...and that the downloadable content will just allow unlock of this?
Makes sense if that is the case..

View Post

I believe that is how the 1st Karaoke Rev game worked. All the songs were included from the start. Only when you went to Live and downloaded the "unlocking" util were they available to play in the game.

It makes sense to already include them in the game from the start. This way it saves M$ the bandwidth of not having to upload the songs to the people that purchase them.

#6 vashanime04

vashanime04

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 13 November 2005 - 01:08 AM

I Hope someone can unlock them if they are on the disk, I got this game and ive found it to be a fun game until u get all 50 songs . guess ill se if there are free packs online. Laterz

#7 ohfara

ohfara

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 04:52 PM

I'm workin on it.
Man I remember the first one. Me and a friend were so close to adding new songs friggin Midi format screewed us over
I'll post anything I find out. I was just here to see if I can figure out the unarkin lol

#8 jkjk

jkjk

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 13 November 2005 - 05:04 PM

Talk to The_Joeba. He did the 1st one.
http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=456408

#9 ohfara

ohfara

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 05:32 PM

ark files 16,17,18,19 are not ogg files.. Fire open a hex editor. I think they share more in common with main_0.ark

Well I'm dead set on trying to add my own music (IE not XBL packs). Its try number 2 since KR1 didn't work so well grr we. A friend an I managed to add a 30 second song that worked but crashed after 30seconds.

Well anyways lets think about it. The last game it was split up into midi files that contained the voice recgonition and the lyrics then separate BG and Vocal tracks.

So lets see what we found out.
*ark 1-15 are ogg files

** each of these files contains multiple songs the first two channels are background music and the second two channels are vocals

* 01 ,16,17,18,19 are files we can't seen to open yet. I'm guessing that the first file contains all the indexes for the different songs and the last 4 contain the voice recongision for the songs. Or some combination of it.

One thing I'm not sure about is where the dance dance stuff comes into play.

Edited by ohfara, 13 November 2005 - 05:44 PM.

#10 ohfara

ohfara

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 05:58 PM

I was just browsing through the ogg files and I found "hit me baby one more time" which my friend tells me isn't party of the games songlist but a xbl pack. I can't find the song list can anyone comfirm?
main_1 about the 18 minute mark

Edited by ohfara, 13 November 2005 - 06:01 PM.

#11 divo

divo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 06:23 PM

alright, ohfara just asked me to post my thoughts.

i'm his partner in crime, it seems, and have actually had a bit of game time.

here's what i'm led to suspect:
some of the ark files are truly multi-channel ogg files; as evidenced by ohfara's findings.

the remaining ark files must be other portions of the game - i have no way (as of yet) to test this, but i'm thinking they're the programming for the stages, different modes, unlockables, and trophies.

anyone that's played the game for longer than an hour, please respond as to what the "????????" is in the extras section....

#12 sbma44

sbma44

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 08:41 PM

Can anyone explain what the next step would be after successfully extracting the .ark files? Do they just need to be moved around the directory structure? Does it actually copy the songs to a directory on the hard disk?

#13 ohfara

ohfara

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 09:34 PM

hex editing the main.hdr has shown some path names but they still all appear to be contained in the ark files.
Now i have noticed that other games (motogp2) use the same ark structure like files and they managed to extract files to modify them. I haven't been able to extract any files yet sad.gif
This frigign unark program is a pain in the ass. its like you need to know the name of each file you want to extract

#14 divo

divo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 09:41 PM

...we need to successfully unark the files first.

I'm getting a strange feeling this is going to be even more of a mountain than the first xbox karaoke revolution to add our own songs - not only do we have to create the ogg files (no biggie), we then have to create the midi vocal analyzing track the same way (which we had limited success with) and THEN edit the default.xbe or main.hdr to contain the new files, from a new ark (... since we can't change the file structure, and i'm doubting we could just "add" new songs to the current ark archives).

(to the poster who mentioned the_joeba; read carefully, we're talking about two completely different things - he's trying to unlike the xblive pack, we're trying to add our own songs)

#15 nester5005

nester5005

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 05:14 AM

thought this thread was supposed to be about unlocking all the songs on the disk..apparently all the song packs are already there plus all songs from karaoke revolution (1st game).....

I'd love to be able to add other songs, that'd be great but unlocking the full content of the disk should be first priority..plus it'll give us more info on file stucture and format to make it all work

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users