Photo

Will You Buy A Ps3?

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

Poll: Will you buy a PS3?

Will you buy a PS3?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 RS2000

RS2000

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 11 November 2005 - 01:07 PM

I wont buy one just for the pure fact that i have gone through about 4 or 5 PS2's in the same time i have had 1 xbox. They just seem to break so easily, plus they are just generally crap in my eyes. i mean why would you want one when you have such an amazing piece of equipment as an xbox. It has more uses than a swiss army knife.

I got given a ps2 the other day as payment for a job i did and i took it straight blockbuster to trade it in for some xbox stuff!!

I can see the ps3 going the same way, having to replace parts constantly dvd drive etc plus no real contacts for Sony. Probably end up being a 400 paper weight!

#17 -Natas-

-Natas-

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 11 November 2005 - 02:30 PM

I plan on getting a PS3 but not right away as they are running some new technology in that thing and it may have some bugs that only show themselves after some use. I've got a PS and PS2 and both have worked flawlessly for years so I'm happy with my Sony consoles. The main reason to buy Sony is RPG's as it gets all the good one's. I plan on getting a Revolution also but I'll have that at launch. The 360 I'll be passing on as I've not had good luck with my DVD drives (had problems with a Phillips and a H&L) in my xbox's plus the xbox console's are all about the FPS and online play. I'm not a fan of either as FPS's get boring after awhile and online play is full of cheaters and gerenal rude morons. blink.gif

#18 spearfree

spearfree

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 11 November 2005 - 03:37 PM

ASAP it comes out I will buy it! smile.gif

#19 Exyge

Exyge

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 03:51 PM

I'm never going to buy a Sony product again, and I hope a lot of other people decide to do so aswell. Because of what they're doing with DRM, Blue Ray. And I'm not going to support them doing so by buying a PS3.
This round I'm going to buy a 360 and Revolution.

#20 roar

roar

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 05:35 PM

The only reason I'd buy a ps3 is for digital out... xbox f'd that one up. Now I'd need to buy a tv that took digital in naturally, but when I upgrade everything you might as well get the best picture you can.

#21 mgamer20o0

mgamer20o0

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 November 2005 - 06:02 PM

ps2 controller hurts my hands to use. i dont think the ps3 will be any better. they are so small its hard to use them.

#22 mnmmaster

mnmmaster

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 07:13 PM

I dont know if im going to get a ps3 the controler looks like it is a joke and i havnt seen much about it that i like. i havnt seen much about the games and if there r some good ones i cant get for my 360 and it has a big price drop and i hear some realy good stuff about it then i mite get it but it is not likely that i will get it. and it looks like it is a joke. y should i buy it and support them when they r from japan and when xbox came out noone there wonted to buy it becase it didnt come from japan (wich means they dont wont to support other countries systems so y should we support there systems when they r from another countrie) plus all i have heared about 360 is great things so y would i wont to get a ps3 when i havnt heared much about it and all that i have heared about it sounds like it is going to suck. also they have technology that is supost to be new but i heared that the hard wear that is going to be in next year is alread been out. mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

Edited by mnmmaster, 11 November 2005 - 07:24 PM.

#23 revengeismyfury

revengeismyfury

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts
  • Interests:Halo 3 Live, Anime, XBMC.
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 November 2005 - 08:14 PM

QUOTE(Chicken_Chaser @ Nov 11 2005, 08:58 AM)
i'm gonna sleep outside the mall for 2 days in advance, even longer if ANY signs of a line form...i love sony, everyone onlywants an Xbox 360 because it's easier to mod than a Ps3, but who'd mod a Ps3 anyway?? it's the leetest out there, Ps2 whooped Xbox, and NO you can't keep on going "err look at Halo err" because we can go "err look at Killzone err" smile.gif Xbox is only good for RPG's! PlayStation is good for ALL GAMES!!!!!!! plus it was out longer smile.gif

View Post

Are you serious blink.gif because if you are, then you obviously are an embarrasement to this community.

Everyone knows xbox is a better system than ps2. because of a the loadtimes are faster b it doesnt break down like a ps2 does, and c its controller is so much better and more comfortable. I mean the s controller that is.

I hate sony fanboys. Thats the reason I'll probaly never get a sony product. Theres too many fanboys that judged the xbox without even looking at it carefully. Their like sony's better but, they have nothing to backup their statements just lies all the time.

me personally. I like all the systems and believe each one has their own special games. thats good enough for me. If the ps3 does have what I'm looking for then I probaly will get it. But seriously if this were my forum, I would have banned this guy for even saying the xbox sucks.

#24 stezo2k

stezo2k

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 11 November 2005 - 08:40 PM

not for a good few years

xbox 360 all the way, stunning graphics and a better design

#25 Biohead

Biohead

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 11 November 2005 - 09:02 PM

Nope. Never like the PS2, it feels cheap, looks nasty and I don't see what it actually has going for it. I expect the PS3 will be the same... the only thing I can currently see it has over the 360 is the dual hdmi outputs. But honestly, who in their right mind has two HDTVs, and if they do (rich buggers) what are the chances they are stored right next to each other in the living room??

Sure, it's a dream to line up two 55" Plasma HDTV next to each other, but I don't think I'm the only person who can't afford 10400 and have the space for it either.

#26 Apprentice modder

Apprentice modder

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 09:28 PM

who actually cares if your an xbox or ps2 fan? Does that mean that if the ps3 is 3 times better than xbox 360, youll still buy a 360 "just because you're a loyal fan?" I'll wait when both get out and read reviews and buy the one that fits me best. I don't care if the previous one wasn't the best, ill see which one will be better this time.

#27 assmonkey

assmonkey

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 381 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 11 November 2005 - 09:55 PM

I cant see why anyone could like that dogshit system.I only liked like 3 games for it and there were also shity.I might rent or borow a ps3 or something to play 3 other games(mgs4 warhawk sonic),but this is the year Sony really fails.Common whos gonna afford a fucking 600 dollor system.

Oh and by the way sony should stick to movies, cause thats all they want to make now for psp laugh.gif

SONY FAILS

Edited by assmonkey, 11 November 2005 - 09:59 PM.

#28 PDG1

PDG1

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 11 November 2005 - 10:12 PM

ya... and I don't know what chicken chaser is talking about... The 360 is probably going to be at least as hard as the P.O.S.3 to mod... and then the homebrew stuff wont come out for a crap load of time after that...

That's one of the reasons I'm not really too interested in The 360 too much... I've seen the awesome games... and I'm torn between wanting to play the games and not wanting to buy the system... It's going to be a nighmare to mod...

that aside, PS3's seem to me as a waste of time. What do they have against the PS2? nothing that i can see... they're starting to become more aware to the fact that people want to compete against eachother more than they want to fight against a computer... but I think they still have only 2 Controller ports and speaking of Controller; it looks like a joke.

another thing that's not quite a turn on for me... is the fact that Sony is throwing around all these numbers like PS3's are the best thing since pre-sliced bread
They aren't really... It's not how much power the console has that matters... It's how the things works, like... I have high hopes in the 360s seperate processors... and all the functionality it brings is also really cool (although power does play a role as it drives many of the functions)
would you rather a car that goes REALLY REALLY FAST:D or a car that runs a little slower with less noise, has a radio and can play internet radio and satelite radio, can play a million different file formats, built in DVD player, a radio, wifi or satelite internet connection and an espresso machine?
ya... I'd pick the second car cuz that's just friggin awesome biggrin.gif

but there's so much we still don't know about the PS3... It's really hard to make a decision... But i'm leaning closer towards the Xbox360... even though they've gone with the whole "we've got hardware and we're not sharing" route... damn closed architecture and mac style computing GRRR!

I once thought that billy there could get away with just letting us mod:D but I realized it's not the homebrew stuff he's worried about, it's more about the asshats who get mods just to play pirated games... It's not really a good thing to do and I don't think it's horrible... but I think that if you use some one elses work you should give back indirectly if not directly.

#29 CattyKid

CattyKid

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,618 posts
  • Interests:Everything

Posted 11 November 2005 - 10:37 PM

I think the PS3 is going to be a great console, just like the 360 will be. However, I still think the 360 will have the advantage over the PS3 as programming for it is much easier, even though they are technically very similar.

#30 Turbojugend

Turbojugend

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 11:55 PM

Remember the Ps2 demo's before the Ps2 came out? Not one single game even looked 1/4 as good as those did, so all the demo's you are seeing for the Ps3 now are all a farse, the final product won't look near as good.

I like video games though so I'll look into getting one but I won't be getting it at launch like I am with the Xbox360.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users