#1 LosDog24

LosDog24

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 12 November 2005 - 09:23 AM

I have an Xbox that is softmodded and I want to remove the softmod so the Xbox will just be regular. I dont know how to do it though. Any help is appreciated.

#2 Ryutatsu

Ryutatsu

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 12:36 PM

Which softmod do you have?

#3 LosDog24

LosDog24

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 10:17 PM

It was a Splinter Cell exploit. It also says something about Ltools. I dont know to much because someone did it for me. In the Ltools menu I get options like Run Mini-Linux UDE install and UDE uninstall, Backup, Xbox Info, Configure PBL, C-restore and Dashboards.

Edited by LosDog24, 12 November 2005 - 10:21 PM.

#4 spongy

spongy

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 November 2005 - 12:12 AM

you can use "UDE uninstall" or "C-restore". Either one should return the C drive to a retail state.
QUOTE(ldots @ Jun 14 2004, 03:05 AM)
[*]UDE uninstall Uninstall UDE by completely removing the hacked files from C:. The installer will check that it is possible to revert C to a bootable state. If you removed some files nessecary for booting to an unmodded state the uninstaller will abort.
[*]c-restore. Clean the C-drive and restore it using a previous backup (generated be the backup option or the UDE installer). The restore option will abort if no backup is found.

View Post

Taken from the official thread.

#5 FSG

FSG

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 November 2005 - 12:17 AM

I dont now if this will work but it did for me i used the MA save about 2 years ago then everynow and then i wanted to restore back to normal and all i had to do was boot it up an dgo to restore dash or something like that.

#6 LosDog24

LosDog24

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 12:28 AM

Thanx guys, Ill try those.

#7 LosDog24

LosDog24

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 12:42 AM

I just did the C-Restore and now Im getting error 13. What does this mean? Can this be fixed? Also, I tried cold booting a game and it worked fine. Only when I open disk tray or boot with no game it gives me this error.

Edited by LosDog24, 13 November 2005 - 12:46 AM.

#8 FSG

FSG

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 01:16 AM

Did you make sure you had a backup like it said when you hit restore?

#9 LosDog24

LosDog24

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 01:26 AM

I did the backup a long time ago when I first did the SoftMod. The first thing I did was backup. Im not sure why its not working.

#10 FSG

FSG

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 01:27 AM

Just dont unplug your xbox or you will mos likely get error 16 which i heard is a bigger pain. And you cant boot games.

Edited by FSG, 13 November 2005 - 01:28 AM.

#11 lastshot23

lastshot23

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 01:28 AM

what if i did not do a backup can i send all the files from a backed up ms dash to the xbox also i have a problem when i hit install softod it doesnt installl all the way can i send sid through FTP

#12 LosDog24

LosDog24

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 01:31 AM

But when I did the backup back then, something was kinda wrong, the screen would go blurry and stuff. Also the light on the xbox wouldnt start blinking green like it did when I did the C-restore.

So lets just assume that the backup didnt work. What would I have to do then? I need to get this Xbox back to stock so I can trade it in.

Edited by LosDog24, 13 November 2005 - 01:34 AM.

#13 FSG

FSG

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 01:47 AM

Well heres everything i did just last week.

I had error 13 i dont even know how i got it.
Someone told me to leave it unplugged for a couple days (bad desicion!)
Plugged in the xbox error 16

To fix it I downloaded xboxhdm put my C: in there because i had a backup made a ISO out of it by clicking make-iso-win burned it to a cd-r in ISO format using Nero.

Opened my xbox up and opened up my computer and removed the IDE out of the hdd (OF THE COMPUTER) and put the disk you just burned in it then cut it off after making sure it worked.

Loosten the IDE cable from the Xbox's hdd so you can take it out quickly.

Now turn on the computer and xbox at almost the same time (I did the comp first)

Now remove the IDE from the xbox as soon as it flashes M$ at the bottom under XBOX and plug in the computers IDE into the xbox.

Another way.:
My xbox never said M$ so instead I would start the computer hit pause/break right before it loads the DOS and then hit the Xbox's Eject button then right as the Xbox tray opends all the way remove the IDE and put the computers in. Then I went to option 3 and chose Rebuild C:\ (I forgot which option).

Someone else told me when I had error 13 to boot a live enabled game and it should update or something like that.

I wouldnt do that just yet unless someone else has another idea for you.
If you need any help message me my aim/msn name is in my profile. I can also send you some tutorials.

Edited by FSG, 13 November 2005 - 01:52 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users