• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 thommo

thommo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 02:55 AM

right heres one for ya,further to my original post ive found out more off my brother as to what he exatly did to the xbox.

my brother has an xbox which is chipped and the hard drive upgraded, apparently he,s f**ked it,

here,s what he said he said he went into some settings on the xbox or a program on the xbox which where installed with the chip(executer or something like) and he clicked on something to do with the bios i think and deleted everything,

what he wants to know is can this be re flashed and how or any info to help out etc... cheers guys..chip is evo-x

he went to avalaunch program into settings/options and clicked re-write eeprom,

now machine wont boot up (nothing on screen when switched on) internals sound like there loading the eject works but it has a constant red light (or at least constant while it sounds like its loading).

so the problem is then lads???????????

and a cure if possible aswell, im hoping its just a case of a cross over cable and some software but i dont know thats why im asking you..

cheers guys...DETAILS OF SOFTWARE NEEDED AND METHOD EI: CROSS OVER CABLE OR CONNECT TO PC AND HOW PLEASE.im a total noob to this and want to get it going agian any way i can and ive read a few posts and he didnt back up his eeprom details has he didnt know what he was doing when he erased it...
im not scared of a bit of work here but need to know the software and tools and if i can retrieve the eeprom details or where i can get another eeprom that would work...a lot to ask i know but hiopefully someone will do a tut on how to do this start to finish as ive been searching on google etc... and it seems alot of people do this...

thanks in advance...

#2 impwiz

impwiz

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 November 2005 - 03:08 AM

Load the chips os, and create a backup. The eeprom should be in the backup folder.

#3 thommo

thommo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 03:17 AM

QUOTE(impwiz @ Nov 13 2005, 03:15 AM)
Load the chips os, and create a backup. The eeprom should be in the backup folder.

View Post

thanks for the reply but that means nothing to me..remember im a total noob at this how do i do that? and if i eventually get it what then?

i need someone with a bit of time and understanding to go through it idiot style....

#4 thommo

thommo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 01:46 PM

i been reading and it seems a cromwell with no eeprom boot will do the trick..

usual place will get the file apparently but ,

how do i get this to the mod chip in the xbox? come on guys bit of help please...

ive heard of loads of different thing but dont ubderstand them... ftp, crossover and pc hot swap?????

just a pointer in the right direction and i could be up and runing i really want to fix this...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users