• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mogulwraith

Mogulwraith

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 03:13 AM

I have an XBox that is apparantly different than ones described elsewhere. For instance, I bought an XBlaster transcoder in order to use the XBox on my PC monitor. But the XBlaster talks about a screen my Dash doesn't have, where you can change to 480p. All I have is Normal, Letterbox and Widescreen for video settings.

I'm willing to modify my XBox but that wasn't my intention when I started this. I have now bought the XBlaster and a High Definition AV Cable (K03-00007) and still get nothing on my monitor.

Its an old monitor. Could that be the problem?
The Xblaster said to use K03-00001 but I can't find that in stores anywhere. I thought the k03-00007 might have replaced it? Maybe it is the wrong cable?

If modding is the only way to go, I know a guy who can do it. I would just like some advice from you pros about what would be my best/minimal option.

Thanks guys. I may end up doing this myself in which case this site is a great resource.

#2 manontoilet

manontoilet

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 03:34 AM

what kind of input does your monitor have? if it's vga i'd recomend the X2VGA+.
i have it and it works excellent plus it has 5.1 surround sound fiber optic audio output smile.gif

#3 Mogulwraith

Mogulwraith

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 05:39 AM

It is a VGA. But I already have a transcoder. My problem is that MY Xbox doesnt have the option to change to 480p and I want to know how to get around that.

My Video Setting Dashboard says only

Normal
Letterbox
Widescreen

and nothing about resolution. Does that not matter with the X2VGA+?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users