• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 littleredmachine

littleredmachine

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 11:27 AM

First off, I would like to apologize if this question has already been addressed previously, however, my search yielded no relevant results, and thus, I am left with no other option other than that of posting. With that said, my questions are:

1) How are games transfered from a Macintosh (OSX) to a softmodded Xbox (1.0 OS)?
-if "FTP", what settings need to be altered on the Macintosh, and subsequently, what settings need to be altered on the Xbox
-if "Create DVD Copies", does only the ".iso" file need to be burned, are there special parameters required when burning the file, is write speed a factor, and are DVD-R (+R) media formats acceptable (Xbox is running 1.0 OS/Thompson CD drive)

2) Are there any applications available for the Macintosh that facilitate the above processes or that somehow aid in the Mac/Xbox combination?

Any and all help pertaining to the above matters is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

#2 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,198 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 13 November 2005 - 11:34 AM

Well, you need FTP access to create a game backup in the first place. So let's start there.

Transit, Yummy, NcFTP, etc will FTP fine. I made a post in this forum a few days ago listing a good number of apps I found. Search my post history in this forum and you'll come across it.

Edit: Oh, and don't refer to it as "OS." I believe you mean to say that your motherboad version is 1.0 (although, yes, the MS Dashboard does have various "versions", but that's beside the point).

Edited by Xombe, 13 November 2005 - 11:36 AM.

#3 littleredmachine

littleredmachine

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 11:38 AM

QUOTE(Xombe @ Nov 13 2005, 04:41 AM)
Well, you need FTP access to create a game backup in the first place.  So let's start there.

Transit, Yummy, NcFTP, etc will FTP fine.  I made a post in this forum a few days ago listing a good number of apps I found.  Search my post history in this forum and you'll come across it.

View Post

Thanks,

I have Panic's Transmit as well as Yummy FTP and a whole slew of other clients, I am unsure however as to the settings that need to be altered (both on the Macintosh side and Xbox side). For example, where am I connecting to (address) from my Mac cleint to reach my Xbox?

Thanks again.

#4 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderators
  • 10,198 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 11:46 AM

Hey, why are you concerned with how to FTP games to your Xbox when you don't have the ability to create them? huh.gif

#5 littleredmachine

littleredmachine

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 12:22 PM

I've established a wireless network, set my Xbox's Static IP value to "no", and then recorded the Xbox's designated IP from the dash settings. However, when I then enter that IP into my FTP client to connect, I continually get a "server busy" error.

#6 littleredmachine

littleredmachine

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 12:36 PM

QUOTE(Xombe @ Nov 13 2005, 04:53 AM)
Hey, why are you concerned with how to FTP games to your Xbox when you don't have the ability to create them?  huh.gif

View Post

Why do I not have the ability to "create them"? Aside from that, I am utilizing this mod as a trial. If the ability to load games from the hard drive, in addition to the backup features, proves worthwhile, I am going to delve into the realm of increased hard disk space so that I may load my entire library in such a fashion. Thus far though, I must concede that it has proven to be more of a headache than advantageous.

#7 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderators
  • 10,198 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 12:48 PM

If you cannot FTP, then you cannot retrive the files from the DVD tray (or Xbox HDD, if loaded there via an app like DVD2Xbox, etc.), therefore you cannot create a game image.

A standard PC DVD drive cannot read retail discs either.

You can't create a backup if you can't access the gamedisc. Hence, my confusion at why you're working backwards.

#8 littleredmachine

littleredmachine

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 01:56 PM

QUOTE(Xombe @ Nov 13 2005, 05:55 AM)
If you cannot FTP, then you cannot retrive the files from the DVD tray (or Xbox HDD, if loaded there via an app like DVD2Xbox, etc.), therefore you cannot create a game image.

A standard PC DVD drive cannot read retail discs either. 

You can't create a backup if you can't access the gamedisc. Hence, my confusion at why you're working backwards.

View Post

This is exactly my question: How can I access, via FTP, my Xbox's hard drive when using a Macinosh? I have DVD2Xbox, so I can transfer games to the HDD, but, I can't get them to my comp, as I can't establish an FTP connection.

Thanks.

#9 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderators
  • 10,198 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 02:04 PM

Now you've changed your question, and confuse me:
QUOTE(littleredmachine @ Nov 13 2005, 06:34 PM)
1) How are games transfered from a Macintosh (OSX) to a softmodded Xbox (1.0 OS)?

View Post

But now you ask:
QUOTE(littleredmachine @ Nov 13 2005, 09:03 PM)
I have DVD2Xbox, so I can transfer games to the HDD, but, I can't get them to my comp, as I can't establish an FTP connection.

View Post

#10 littleredmachine

littleredmachine

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 09:12 PM

QUOTE(Xombe @ Nov 13 2005, 07:11 AM)
Now you've changed your question, and confuse me:

But now you ask:

View Post

My apologies, as the question was worded incorrectly in my first post, and should have read: How are game files transfered from the Xbox HDD, to a Macintosh computer?

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users