10 replies to this topic

#1 albion

albion

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 12:19 PM

Hi all,
My XBOX is soft modded with Evo X dash however I have been trying to get M$ dash to work but with little luck. Yesterday in desperation I used my slayer disk and restored the original M$ dash, now on boot it comes up to the need service screen and shows error code 21.

However it does boot up if game disk is inserted, I have attempted to use XBOX live game and connect to live but this has no effect.

Is there any particular game which will reload all files?

Any other ideas would be welcomed.

Thanks in advance blink.gif

#2 jonels

jonels

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 12:24 PM

Can you get backups to run? switch on with disc in.

#3 albion

albion

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 12:35 PM

Sorry not sure what you mean!!

With a disk in it does boot

#4 red.bull.x

red.bull.x

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:reverse engineering, c, delphi, 32bit assembler, beer and video games.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 November 2005 - 12:38 PM

just run the game save exploit again and re-install evox... Also look for Slayer's Auto-Installer in the 'usual places'

Edited by red.bull.x, 13 November 2005 - 12:39 PM.

#5 jonels

jonels

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 12:41 PM

QUOTE(albion @ Nov 13 2005, 12:42 PM)
Sorry not sure what you mean!!

With a disk in it does boot

View Post

so it's running backups then ?

What mod was installed ?

#6 albion

albion

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 12:41 PM

I didn't do soft mod somebody else did it for me.

Am I right in thinking if I use xboxhdm and attach PC to my drive that then I can use slayer disk to restore files.

#7 jonels

jonels

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 12:49 PM

If you can run backups (I don't really know as you have not confirmed it) you can make a boot disc (an xbox dash on a disc) with a folder with files needed to restore your dashboard on your hard drive. But if you don't know what mod was installed or the HD location of where the dash should be, that makes that fix unworkable......

In order to give you the correct advice you must test to see if a backup game will boot. Put disc in quickly or turn off and on again with disc in.

#8 albion

albion

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 12:54 PM

No wont boot with backup

Does with original though

#9 jonels

jonels

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 01:03 PM

Shame.. all the decent softmods use a virtual c: making it next to impossible to destroy the ability to boot backs ups.. oh well

If the mod was put on using a gamesave you should be able to use that original game to restore the softmod.....
....Otherwise you will have to look up xboxhdm1.9 and hotswap if you don't have the eeprom and fix the files with that..use Kingroch's Ndure setup, it has all the safety features of shadowc and eeprom (these work without you even knowing) and you can use the eject button to boot a M$ dash which is safe for live use....
....or restore the M$ dash original and use Krayzies Ndure gamesave exploit, if you have the correct game and memory card and a way to put the gamesave on the memory card.

Check the XBE Exploit section of these forums and look at the stickies, you will find everything there.

Edited by jonels, 13 November 2005 - 01:06 PM.

#10 albion

albion

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 01:07 PM

Hi thanks for your help, is XBOXHDM v1.9 available in the usual place?

#11 albion

albion

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 05:41 PM

OK the latest in the saga,

I have used xboxhdm anlong with ndure 2.1, I can now boot backup disks and original disks however with no disk inserted I get error 21 still.
I have booted my slayer auto install disk and tried doing a full/install rebuild but I still get the same problem.
Any ideas?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users