gazeddy

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 498 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 18 December 2005 - 02:16 PM

not neccesarily you just have to flash a reatil bios on the other bank of the chip and you can play live

#17 natasreficul

natasreficul

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 09:40 PM

well i install the duox 2 cromwell edition preflashed and i have a problem ,the red ligth of the chip turn on but my xbox still fraging i solder incorretly or something? bt is connected to G to keep the chip alive alltime but not fix my box sad.gif some one can help me, i just wanna bypass the tsop and use the chip ever

thanks

#18 VerbalVenom

VerbalVenom

X-S Expert

• PipPipPip
  • 581 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 11 September 2006 - 05:32 AM

Resurrecting an old thread. Will this method work with a 1.2/3 with a Coma TSOP? I'm getting Flashing Green no eject, and I was wondering if this will work. I have an xecuter2.3b that I flashed bank 12 with x5035, and 34 with tsop_d6. I'm more than sure this isn't possible but just want to verify. thanks

#19 VerbalVenom

VerbalVenom

X-S Expert

• PipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 08:57 AM

Also has anyone had success with any chip besides the duox2? Also has anyone had success by switching off the mod (if you have another chip besides duox2) with the switch? Let me know. Either I suck at this or i'm doing it wrong because it's not wantin to work for me.

Edited by VerbalVenom, 11 September 2006 - 09:07 AM.

#20 Iloveanime

Iloveanime

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 74 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 22 February 2007 - 09:49 AM

Duox2 lite would that work? Or does it have to be a duox2? I've installed the lite man I like it I have yet to reflash it and I've had a lot of sucess with them installing. Wondering if I could invest in it or I should just stick with a duox 2.

*I've never reflashed a duox2 lite or a duox2 are there any tutorials on how to do so?

Edited by Iloveanime, 22 February 2007 - 09:50 AM.

#21 Megabug

Megabug

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 25 February 2007 - 01:04 PM

Mhh it won't work with a smartxx se opx. Tried it many times. wink.gif

#22 StrictPuppet

StrictPuppet

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,296 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 February 2007 - 06:40 AM

QUOTE(Megabug @ Feb 25 2007, 04:11 AM) View Post

Mhh it won't work with a smartxx se opx. Tried it many times. wink.gif

Well it wont really work with a chip that has an OS, even if set to quick boot, the timing will be way off.

#23 Dikkesnoek

Dikkesnoek

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 06:44 PM

Hello,

I've tried this procedure. It seems not to work with a non original HDD.
The screen will hang with a green X. I used a Duox from another box
to get the system work with a new HDD. I wan't to TSOP it finally but
it is not simple at all.

Regards,

Marc

#24 burner6999

burner6999

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 07:57 AM

I have a question I have an Xbox (V1.3) that someone flashed the tsop with the wrong ms bios and now it just fraggs will this work for it? Also I can't use my X3 mod chip for this either right? also I am getting a doux flashbios/Cromwell edition in a couple of days will that work? I see that other people have asked but did not get an answer.

#25 StrictPuppet

StrictPuppet

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,296 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 08:53 AM

QUOTE(burner6999 @ Apr 25 2007, 12:04 AM) View Post

I have a question I have an Xbox (V1.3) that someone flashed the tsop with the wrong ms bios and now it just fraggs will this work for it? Also I can't use my X3 mod chip for this either right? also I am getting a doux flashbios/Cromwell edition in a couple of days will that work? I see that other people have asked but did not get an answer.

The X3 (or any 4th gen chip) will not work, as the boot timing is off due to its built in os. It is unknown whether it will work at all if the incorrect bios is on the TSOP. Give it a try. With the decline in prices of decent modchips, it is becoming less and less worthy of the time and effort to ressurect a tsop, since you can get a duox2 for under $15.....

#26 skyknight

skyknight

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:39 PM

Sorry to bring up an old topic, but, this is exactly what I need, so I did not see any sense in starting a new topic for the same thing...

But, I do have a question...

Since I've been DIGGING around trying to find out if I can, or how I can, flash a TSOP on a 1.4 version XBOX. Many people say you HAVE TO HAVE a 29 wire mod chip. But, then, I keep reading different articles, and trying to piece things together...to avoid a 29 wire mod.

It looks like I might be able to use the EvolutionX_v2.5_256k_for_matrix BIOS to accomplish what is outlined in this thread, but accomplish it on a 1.4 XBOX.

Can anyone confirm?

I'm about to give up the hunt and just install a new DuoX2. But, I'm kinda particular, and, I'd really like the TSOP to be working.

Thank you!

Edited by skyknight, 21 April 2009 - 04:40 PM.

#27 StrictPuppet

StrictPuppet

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,296 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 07:43 PM

That bios does not support the focus video encoder found in a 1.4 box, so it will not work.

#28 skyknight

skyknight

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 03:08 PM

Hmm...so, if I use a bios that does support the focus video encoder (a bios that would work on a chip on a v1.4 xbox), then this would be a viable option? Or is this method still a no-go on a 1.4 for some other reason?

Thanks for the help!

Like I mentioned, I'd really like to fix (or try to fix) the TSOP, but I'm not interested in doing the 29 wire fix.
I've search the forums, and most people say the "only" option is the 29 wire chip(s).

#29 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,752 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 22 April 2009 - 03:23 PM

QUOTE(skyknight @ Apr 22 2009, 06:00 AM) View Post

Hmm...so, if I use a bios that does support the focus video encoder (a bios that would work on a chip on a v1.4 xbox), then this would be a viable option? Or is this method still a no-go on a 1.4 for some other reason?

Thanks for the help!

Like I mentioned, I'd really like to fix (or try to fix) the TSOP, but I'm not interested in doing the 29 wire fix.
I've search the forums, and most people say the "only" option is the 29 wire chip(s).

theres a very good reason most people are saying the 29 wire chip is your only option, because it is

the TSOP fix bios are specially made, just any old hacked bios wont do the trick, and no TSOP repair bios were ever made for 1.4/1.5s, so your out of luck, sorry, best thing to do is just get a modchip and leave it in

#30 Alex548

Alex548

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,412 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 08:53 PM

There's one more fix that most people don't bother with.... replace the TSOP.
If you're hellbent on fixing the TSOP, replace it with another working one beerchug.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users