36 replies to this topic

#31 skyknight

skyknight

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 01:33 PM

QUOTE(lordvader129 @ Apr 22 2009, 04:15 PM) View Post

theres a very good reason most people are saying the 29 wire chip is your only option, because it is

the TSOP fix bios are specially made, just any old hacked bios wont do the trick, and no TSOP repair bios were ever made for 1.4/1.5s, so your out of luck, sorry, best thing to do is just get a modchip and leave it in

That's the piece I was missing(or having trouble getting through my thick skull)...thanks for the info!

I've since learned that my trouble(s) are not all TSOP related...the problem XBOX has/had a DuoX2 already in it...I thought the TSOP & chip went bad at the same time - based on the symptoms. (chip disabled I'd get green ring, eject, looks like working properly, but no video; chip enabled I'd get the 3 reboots then frags)

Yesterday I dug in and did some more trouble shooting...was preparing to do a hot swap flash of the chip I suspected to be bad, but, I decided to just test the chip first, and it was fine. Then I re-tested the problem XBOX with no chip installed, and I got the coma console symptom...put the chip back in, still 3 reboots and frags. What a PITA. Anyway...thanks for the help!

Edited by skyknight, 23 April 2009 - 01:34 PM.

#32 Alex548

Alex548

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,411 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 23 April 2009 - 06:49 PM

^ The BIOS on the TSOP is bad. That's probably why they installed a chip (to bypass the TSOP).

#33 MrMajst3r

MrMajst3r

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:39 PM

Will this trick work for Xbox 1.0/1.1 with corrupted bios on TSOP and modchip DuoX3 with dual-bios?

#34 xboxmods2977

xboxmods2977

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:18 AM

MrMajst3r, I don't think the chip itself matters, as long as you have the TSOP repair bios installed on said chip.
Side note: Did you try the 3 wire trick to recover your TSOP?

Edited by xboxmods2977, 14 February 2012 - 01:20 AM.

#35 MrMajst3r

MrMajst3r

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:24 AM

No, I didn't try. I haven't got this Xbox actually at home.

#36 XBOX360NYMODING

XBOX360NYMODING

X-S Member

• Last Chance
  • Pip
  • 111 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:06 AM

why could u not use a martix chip and fix the TSOP. i have done this with many units that people have bought me

i meant to add people that bought me UNITS with bad TSOP flashes

#37 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:13 AM

ok..
sorry to post up an old thread..

but just thought id pop in here with a few words..

today a box of xboxes arrived for modding.. one had a bad tsop flash. i was going to install a mod chip but rememberd the d6 tsop bios.

So i went ahead and started to fix the issue..
Seems im sold out of all modchips with multiple banks. But i do have 2 aladin chips that i use to soft mod before tsop flashiing. (long story short i made a solderless pin header, old ide cable pokes in to the d0 hole nicley all i boot from the chip and i soft mod with hexen then tsop flah)

any way.
i grabbed one of the aladdin chips. "256k" and flashed it with the d6 tsop bios..
using the same solderless adapter i made i connected it to the xbox..
it did not frag but sat there at a black screen. then i rememberd about having to dissable the chip..

So this is how i got it to work..

Boot the xbox and get a black screen,
wait till i hear the disk spin up.
remove the d0.
When the flubber animation started remove the chip..
console then bootted in to hexen (had the dvd in the drive ready.)
started winbond flash tools. flashed it with ind bios..
(job done)

i dont reccomend using a one bank mod chip.. Its better if you have 2 banks something like the executer 2, duox2 or even the clone duox3 would be fine.
The reason you want 2 banks is so you dont tie up a perfectly good mod chip that could have other uses, Just for the rare occurance of a bad tsop..
in my case its not a problem as i can always hotswap flash it..

i see other places that this method is not reported to be working, and its been a long time since i read it.. But if i did it from memory then the method must work fine.

Edited by shambles1980, 17 January 2013 - 01:22 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users