X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Interests:I do alot of shit.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 14 November 2005 - 06:10 AM

Hey guys, I can't really find a guide to making a simple Slim Box. All I really came up with is just peoples worklogs on their own. Can anyone tell me where I can find a guide on making one or someones worklog that had alot of details that will show me what I need to do?

#2 00g

00g

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 14 November 2005 - 06:24 AM

I just kinda went at it on my own, and it came out wonderfully.

As far as the front panel goes, take a razor blade or xacto knife and put a nice deep slash along the entire length of the upper corner of the gap. Then take some pliers and bend the top portion back, it will break off cleanly along that slash you made.

Then pu the front piece under the cover (as if it were together, so you can see where you'll need to cut on the side vents. make a little mark, then make a mark on the back side of the side vents, put a straight edge up to the side vents and make a slash with your blade all the way across, then break the fins off.

As for the back, look at pic of someone elses slimline, count the number of fins that are showing, and cut yours to match.

you'll also have to cut off the shroud around the fan, and possibly a couple tabs on teh inside of the cover so the fan blades don't hit it.

...also I took out all my shielding. I didn't feel like cutting it.
.....also you'll have to make a HDD caddy.

#3 dougMod

dougMod

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,031 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 14 November 2005 - 06:55 AM

ya you just seem like how you try to look at it and see how you can slim it up beerchug.gif

#4 Modderxtrordanare

Modderxtrordanare

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,795 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 08:23 AM

I gots me an attempted slim, till I bought ubernewbs. If you want it either for example or to actually use, up to you.
I'll bring it next time I come up there.

For a guide, cut along the line that the dvd bezel sits on, and shave the back down so theres three full fins on the top. Then cut the sides to come to the new height needed.

#5 Modderxtrordanare

Modderxtrordanare

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,795 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 08:54 AM

Double..

Edited by Modderxtrordanare, 14 November 2005 - 08:57 AM.

#6 strokeside

strokeside

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 11:01 AM

I currently see 5 noobie Slim-xbox tuts requests on the first page of this forum.

Perhaps the FAQ for modding should be updated to include links to peoples worklogs for their slim boxes, just so people can read all of them and get good ideas instead of posting for / about it.

#7 eminvil_12

eminvil_12

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,718 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 14 November 2005 - 12:22 PM

QUOTE(strokeside @ Nov 14 2005, 08:08 PM)
I currently see 5 noobie Slim-xbox tuts requests on the first page of this forum.

Perhaps the FAQ for modding should be updated to include links to peoples worklogs for their slim boxes, just so people can read all of them and get good ideas instead of posting for / about it.

View Post

Thats it, ill make a tut right now.

Will be ready soon, it will be a quickie outlining things to do. and where to cut

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users