• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 duffman69

duffman69

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 08:51 AM

uhh.gif ok guy's this will be my first post here so be kind!!! i have a xbox 1.0 x3ce mod chip,pro switch xlcd. my problem is with the lpc voltages pin 1 lclk it keeps reading 1.622 when it should read 0.2 from what the lpc diagnostics say's. i have soldered in a pin header and checked and rechecked soldered and desoldered so many times that the mobo is starting to take damage but i fixed the trace damage to the lclk pin and still the same reading so WTF!!!! am i doing wrong. now i know that 98% of the time it is the solder work so don't bother flaming me for that. i also have 4 other xbox mobo's never been modded same version still has the stock m solder in the holes and they also give the same reading for the lclk pin 1. so what the hell am i missing here. PLEASE HELP ME OUT HERE!!!!! i can go no further untill this problem is fixed. so please help a DUMB ASS OUT.

#2 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 14 November 2005 - 11:10 AM

You can't accurately measure the clock (Lclk) line with a multimeter. Its likely not a problem as it reads the same on all you motherboards.
You would do better describing the symptoms and what you have done or supplying pictures of the underside work on the mobo.
If you removed the solder from the LPC in the original mobo then you will have done more damage that the trace you have repaired. Forget Lclk and start looking elswhere.

#3 duffman69

duffman69

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 08:49 AM

cool.gif ok when i try to flash my x3ce with x3 3294 i downloaded from the usuall places with my crossover cable over network or a cd i get the same result's unknown flash halting. i have checked the flash protect switch on chip and on pro-switch can see it is changing from green to red. i am getting both blue lights 3 and 5 all the voltages across the pin header accept pin 1 are correct i even unplugged
the pro-switch nothing i know the d0 connection is working it boots to flashbios i was thinking that the pin 1 lclk voltage might be the problem but i am at a loss.
ever hear of this problem??? i would love to learn more about this i am new to this
but i am not a total dumb ass. also know of any other websites other than here that have a good layout of the xbox motherboard what resistor go where what traces connect to what exc exc exc i am eager to learn. thanks

#4 etrain1984

etrain1984

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 15 November 2005 - 09:28 AM

Are you sure that you burned the disc properly that you tried flashing from...there is a tutorial at www.teamxecuter.com if you want to double check...

Edited by etrain1984, 15 November 2005 - 09:29 AM.

#5 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 15 November 2005 - 10:38 AM

resolder the LPC (yes I know it sounds daft as the chip boots) it can allow the chip to boot but not flash. I forget which pin usually is the cause so do the lot.
If no different then something is not right with the way you are flashing it.

#6 duffman69

duffman69

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 03:03 PM

cool.gif update problem fixed chip was to blame hotswapped with friends xbox working now thanks guy's
hey chancer why cant you get an accurate reading from pin 1 lclk with a multimeter and how can you get
a correct reading

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users