• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 xtc594

xtc594

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 10:48 AM

Ok, I do apologize if this question was already answered but I was wondering.....will my soft-modded hd work on another xbox? Basically I have a modded hd but my xbox is back home and all I have is my friends xbox to play. So if I pop the top on his box and plug my 200gb hd into his box will it work? If it won't, is it possible? What will I have to do to make it that way? Thanks I appreciate the hardwork and dedication that is put into this site/forum...

#2 ItchyB

ItchyB

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 14 November 2005 - 12:09 PM

QUOTE(xtc594 @ Nov 14 2005, 08:25 PM)
Ok, I do apologize if this question was already answered but I was wondering.....will my soft-modded hd work on another xbox? Basically I have a modded hd but my xbox is back home and all I have is my friends xbox to play. So if I pop the top on his box and plug my 200gb hd into his box will it work? If it won't, is it possible? What will I have to do to make it that way? Thanks I appreciate the hardwork and dedication that is put into this site/forum...

View Post

You would need to unlock your drive and then lock it with the information from your friends EERPOM before it would work in his xbox then reverse the procedure to put it back in yours. This means performing some sort of mod on his box to get the eeprom data in the first place, Would be easier to take your xbox with you instead of just the hdd, or take your original games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users