#1 Titan_Of_Hell

Titan_Of_Hell

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 62 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 15 November 2005 - 10:50 AM

ok i'm pretty far from noob so i got the thinking while running my linux on xbox mod. why can't the 360 with harddrive bundle ::the 400 buck one:: run the mod. 360 has usb based mem cards allowing the game save transfer. next it supports old games so why not run linux on 360? allowing ftp and everything else to be ran.

#2 Helios

Helios

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 15 November 2005 - 11:45 AM

Absolutley impossible to say as of now. The security on these babies is meant to be real tight. I doubt it for quite sometime anyway....

#3 Titan_Of_Hell

Titan_Of_Hell

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 12:22 PM

if u think about it a ecploit ran in mech assault say would still have a exploit cause it's in the disc's code and there's no update that fixed it on live so 2 things one gamesave can be blocked only cause 360 runs emulation software could it not allow the mod to run cause it's not acctually tapping into 360's but rather a emulation. still who knows just what is possible and launch is lookin grim u can check my post about it in general 360 chat.

#4 Helios

Helios

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 15 November 2005 - 12:26 PM

Yeah but knowing MS they are not that stupid to let that happen on the 360. They would of blocked that from happening or something.... You know how it is. Try it out though when you get your 360. I wouldn't risk it until someone else does it cos MS could be nasty and make your 360 brick itself by trying to exploit it so I dunno.

#5 Titan_Of_Hell

Titan_Of_Hell

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 12:34 PM

yea my baby isn't gonna have any tests ran on it i'm not taking any chances with 400 bucks at stake. ::gets sledge hammer:: my old xbox hmmm... let the testing begin. biggrin.gif

#6 BecauseOfYou

BecauseOfYou

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 02:09 PM

I was looking at the list of XBOX games compatible with the 360. And I noticed none of the games that allow you to load and install linux were on there.

#7 Titan_of_Hell2

Titan_of_Hell2

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 02:18 PM

::if u get banned always have a plan:: anyway yea i haven't seen the 360 list yet i hope revenge is on there and a few other games. beerchug.gif

#8 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 15 November 2005 - 02:38 PM

::if u get banned always have a plan::

Yes like sat behind a proxy thinking because you iP is different you are going to escape a ban.

#9 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderator
  • 10,465 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 16 November 2005 - 02:32 AM

QUOTE(Titan_Of_Hell @ Nov 15 2005, 04:57 AM)
ok i'm pretty far from noob so i got the thinking while running my linux on xbox mod. why can't the 360 with harddrive bundle ::the 400 buck one:: run the mod. 360 has usb based mem cards allowing the game save transfer. next it supports old games so why not run linux on 360? allowing ftp and everything else to be ran.

View Post

1. The 360 doesn't support USB based memory cards.... the USB ports and the memory card slots are two different things and only MS brand cards will work based on hardware encryption. This means no USB sticks, No Mega-X-Key and no Action Replay. Which means no way to get your hacked save game on to the 360

2. You can't transfer Xbox save games to the 360. MS has said you can't, they're not providing any way... so unless the save game was created on an Xbox360 it will never find it's way on to an Xbox360 memory card or hard drive.

3. The Exploitable games are not BC compatible.

4. Even if the Exploitable games WERE BC compatible they've fixed the buffer overflow bug which allowed the exploits to function...

Any other questions? muhaha.gif

#10 tmh88

tmh88

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 449 posts
  • Interests:post pictures of your xbox at http://www.xb-t.com/

Posted 16 November 2005 - 02:40 AM

It just wouldnt work. Completely different software, hardware, and basically everything else.

It would be like trying to have a playstation run xbox games. Theyre 2 seperate systems, completely different from one another.

#11 Reaper527

Reaper527

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,495 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Football (US), Pro Wrestling, Anime

Posted 16 November 2005 - 05:14 AM

QUOTE(tmh88 @ Nov 15 2005, 08:47 PM)
It just wouldnt work. Completely different software, hardware, and basically everything else.

It would be like trying to have a playstation run xbox games. Theyre 2 seperate systems, completely different from one another.

View Post

well, he is talking about exploiting the backwards compatibility, where the 360 is acting like the same system. still not possible though like it was said, the compatible games are bc, and there is a list of other reasons as well. and for people who want to use this to setup their soft mods, keep in mind, the gamesave exploit and your soft mods aren't the same thing. the gamesave exploit is used to setup the dashboard exploits, which won't work because the xbox dashboard won't be there. it will more then likely have the 360 dashboard and run the games from there (like how with a ps2 you have the ps2 menu and it can run psx games from there)

#12 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderator
  • 10,198 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 06:40 AM

Trust me, he's not talking about anything here anymore.

#13 blasticblazin

blasticblazin

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 10:43 PM

well, it is a SATA standard laptop drive....i would imagine that someone will end up examining the file system and end up writing a driver....then allowing saved games to be put on the box and attempting to run linux/other mod with savegame hack....the exploit lies in the game/save games code....not in the hardware, so the same exploit SHOULD still stand, but its not to say that MS couldnt have writen in some sort of break into the emulator to catch such code....eh, who knows...just a thought

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users