• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bustedsoldier

bustedsoldier

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 12:41 PM

So, I have an x-chip installed with v1.3 bios. Among others, I've read the tutorial on how to use the exox dash. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to do anything with it. I've gotten bios, emulators, trainers, etc. from the usual places. I unzip the files onto my desktop but I'm not sure where to put all the files.

Question # 1: How do I get trainers onto the chip? Do I need a special trainers engine? For example; if I get the Halo +10 trainer how do I save this to my chip? What should the end part of the file look like .exe .xbe ....?

Question # 2: I've dowloaded DVD2XBOX there are a bunch of files. I read a tutorial that told me I needed to FTP to the xbox using a crossover cable. Is this true with the x-chip? For now, I have all the files saved in a folder on my desk top. The guide I read for this said I needed to change certain values in the .ini in order to FTP. I got the crossover cable. I couldn't find the place to do this on my dashboard. It doesn't exist. I haven't tried to hook the crossover cable up to a PC yet.

Question # 3: How do I get emulators? Do I put them in my bios banks. I've tried to put emulators in the banks. I flash the files found in "the usual places" to a bios bank. Then I boot up my box and there's nothing there.

Question # 4: How do I change skins. I've visited some websites that have great skins but I have no idea what to do with them.

I've read many many tutuorials but I'm not sure which ones are good for the x-chip. I've been all over xbox-scene.com through lots and lots of material. I've learned quite a bit about computers. I got version 1.3, so I've had some luck, but I've been messing with this thing and reading up on it for quite some time now. Please, offer any advice on any of my quesitons.

Thanks in advance

-stranded

#2 greenday54261

greenday54261

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 15 November 2005 - 11:32 PM

Whoa, whoa, whoa!!!

NEVER flash anything but a BIOS to a BIOS bank! Emulators go on the HARD DRIVE! Same with trainers. There should be trainers and emulators directories on your E drive or possibly F... or you can create them.

For 2. FTP EVERY file in the DVD2Xbox folder to a new folder inside the Apps folder on your E or F drive. To change the .ini, download it with FTP and change it, then upload it back. It should be where your Evox dash is located.

A reminder: Nothing but BIOSes go in BIOS banks! All the chip does is load a BIOS, and then the BIOS loads a dashboard so you can FTP in. After that, anything you want to do with the box you will do thru FTP, except for upgrading the BIOS on the chip.

#3 jooZEE

jooZEE

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 02:46 AM

I would agree with Greenday, but i can also suggest that you use an Autoinstaller like Auto installer deluxe V2.11 or SlaYers EvoX, both of these come with a lot of apps and trainers they also come with the dvd2xbox. I preffer the auto installer deluxe.

#4 greenday54261

greenday54261

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 17 November 2005 - 04:13 AM

Yeah, I've used both and prefer AID. However, autoinstallers tend to get outdated after a while, so that's why I like to get stuff manually. But that's just me. AID should be fine for you.

#5 bustedsoldier

bustedsoldier

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 11:53 AM

So, I have to FTP to my xbox in order to get AID v2.1. Where can I get a tutorial for this? What are good things to put into my bios banks. My X-chip has a usb cable that runs directly into the box to the chip. I'd like to fill this bios banks with something useful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users