#16 Arjun

Arjun

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,867 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 15 February 2006 - 10:13 PM

Alright, all the people up there who said the iPod/iTunes is bad, they are just retarded. I am a hardcore MS user so I never thought iPods would become my thing. I've owned every iPod generation at one point or another. The current one I'm using is the 30gb video (it's in my pocket incase you wanted to know) and a 15gb third gen. Once you start using the video you feel so bad for everyone that has to live with an 'older' iPod. Now for the Nano vs 5gen situation. As you stated they both have their pros and cons, but ignore the scratching problem. IMO they both get scratched as easily as the other. If you are that concerned get a white one since they are less visible. But the iPod stays in your pocket most of the time. At first I was wary of scratches too, I'd keep this things in cases and polish them every now and then. But now I don't give a damn, scratches are scratches. If anything it makes it look tougher. I'm sure you know the functionality of both. But now I believe you can watches videos on the nano with linux. I haven't updated mine since I only use it at the gym, and videos are useless there. As for the people bashing on the prices, tell me where you can find an MP3 that size with that fuctionality at all. You have nothing to compare the price to, so saying it's expensive won't get you anywhere. Yes, space wise it is expensive, but you are also paying for its impossible size and color screen plus the amazing apple UI. And for the people that say the iPod screen is too small for videos, I personally find it perfect. If it was any bigger I would feel akward watching in public, and if it was too small my arm would get tired holding it up to my face. I can easily rest it on my lap or on a desk during class and watch movies.
OK what are you planning on using the iPod for? If it's for the gym and small stuff liek that, go for a nano. but if you have a large music collection, get bored easily, take long trips, or whatever go for the video. Or just buy both wink.gif

#17 ubernewb

ubernewb

now 58% uber'er

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 28 February 2006 - 03:55 AM

first buy this...

then buy this to keep it safe from scratches and minor impacts...

i did and couldn't be any happier. i have over 40gb of music and several movies that i love to watch repeatedly so anything smaller would have been dumb for me.. i also have a dock installed in my car so i can pump video out of my ipod into my 7" indash monitor.. absolutely incredible!

#18 47_M450N_47

47_M450N_47

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts
  • Interests:Xbox modding, anything with computers and networking. Gaming. Shooting stuff, blowing up stuff.

Posted 28 February 2006 - 04:29 PM

get a media center pocket pc. you can do anything you want with those, like a small laptop basically. yeah u have to use SD/CF cards, but hey you can get online, play games, email, MP3, movies, whatever. i use mine to watch movies on when i go on long trips. if you rip a dvd and compress it to the PDA screen you can fit about 3 full length movies on a 512mb card. i guess if you have a whole crap load of stuff it would be annoying to figure out which cards had what on em...but i think there are 4gb SDs out there now so if you have less than that it would be fine. just depends on what you use it for, most people probly dont like PDAs just because they are semi-large, but the video ipod is bigger than the one i carry... so whatever you like better. i have an MP3 player along with my PDA because i screwed up my headphone port and so far am scared to solder a new one on it, tried to send to HP and got fudged over by their support...blah blah long story.

Edited by 47_M450N_47, 28 February 2006 - 04:31 PM.

#19 Rylinkus

Rylinkus

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 01 March 2006 - 01:55 AM

QUOTE(killerbootsman @ Feb 15 2006, 04:58 AM) View Post

I enjoy while i'm in bed trying to go to sleep, and i can just turn it on and watch it in the comfort of my bed.

I own a TV.....

#20 killerbootsman

killerbootsman

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:sports music xbox
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 01 March 2006 - 03:11 AM

QUOTE(Rylinkus @ Feb 28 2006, 06:02 PM) View Post

I own a TV.....

i don't have a dvd player in my room...

#21 zzicko

zzicko

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:modding my box
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 24 April 2006 - 10:28 PM

i have a 6 geg mini and i love it i can store 1500 songs. who wants to watch it in there bed most of us should have a tv in our bed room. i much rather watch my 30"inch plasma than that tiny screen. i dont like the battery life of it though but thats about it.

ZAC

#22 Gruce

Gruce

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 01:14 PM

People just hate ipods because its cool to go against the mainstream.

i used to be like nah ipod is shite and had a creative zen thing, it was ok, yer it played music, sorted

i lost it like though and got my moms ipod since she never used it and its so good, its not good its just easy.

plug it in, open itunes and your done like, stick in a cd and in like 2 button presses you have the whole cd on your ipod, its great.

buy an ipod, you'll look cool!

#23 Lpk32187

Lpk32187

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 07 May 2006 - 10:35 PM

I used to have a 3g ipod that I loved but battery died among other things. Then recently (3 days ago) I went to the skatepark around my house that they just built almost everyone was a skateboarder I am a aggresive skater so I was just skating around till about close were we were pretty much the only people there and out of the blue was a 60 gig video it had some name on the back and there was no one even near the thing so we ended up "taking it" and I just used grip tape to remove the name and grinded it off and the back looks sweet just perfectly smooth. Now I got a 60 gig video and im in love with it smile.gif.

#24 yaazz

yaazz

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 04:55 PM

QUOTE(Lpk32187 @ May 7 2006, 06:42 PM) View Post
I used to have a 3g ipod that I loved but battery died among other things. Then recently (3 days ago) I went to the skatepark around my house that they just built almost everyone was a skateboarder I am a aggresive skater so I was just skating around till about close were we were pretty much the only people there and out of the blue was a 60 gig video it had some name on the back and there was no one even near the thing so we ended up "taking it" and I just used grip tape to remove the name and grinded it off and the back looks sweet just perfectly smooth. Now I got a 60 gig video and im in love with it smile.gif .

your a jackass. If I knew you in real life I would punch you in the face. If something valuable has a name on it, in a skatepark where you would know everyone there, why not give it back to the kid instead of raping it on a grinder and calling it your own

Hell even if you dont know the kid im sure someone else would know him there.
Fucking punk kids

#25 Rylinkus

Rylinkus

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 12:01 AM

QUOTE(Lpk32187 @ May 7 2006, 10:42 PM) View Post

I used to have a 3g ipod that I loved but battery died among other things. Then recently (3 days ago) I went to the skatepark around my house that they just built almost everyone was a skateboarder I am a aggresive skater so I was just skating around till about close were we were pretty much the only people there and out of the blue was a 60 gig video it had some name on the back and there was no one even near the thing so we ended up "taking it" and I just used grip tape to remove the name and grinded it off and the back looks sweet just perfectly smooth. Now I got a 60 gig video and im in love with it smile.gif.

Look at me, Look at me, I'm a thief!!!
dry.gif

A decent human would have left a note and phone number. (Hell it could rain and ruin it if you leave it or the next "agressive skater" could steal it. ) This is just another reason to hate anyone who skateboards.

#26 throwingks

throwingks

X-S Freak

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 10 May 2006 - 01:45 PM

QUOTE(Arjun @ Feb 15 2006, 05:20 PM) View Post
As for the people bashing on the prices, tell me where you can find an MP3 that size with that fuctionality at all. You have nothing to compare the price to, so saying it's expensive won't get you anywhere.
Ummm... This
http://www.creative....4&product=14331

Much better product and you don't have to use iTunes. You can use the windows software already on your computer. You don't have to convert audio. You can share files, it isn't locked like with iTunes. You don't have to spend $1 a song like with iTunes. You can use Napster or any other company for unlimited downloads for a small monthly price like $15-20.

Why don't you tell me how any ipoohed is better in any area than any of the equivalent devices from this company. There are more companies also, by the way. I just prefer Creative products.

Edited by throwingks, 10 May 2006 - 01:49 PM.

#27 Lpk32187

Lpk32187

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 09:41 PM

QUOTE(yaazz @ May 9 2006, 11:02 AM) View Post

your a jackass. If I knew you in real life I would punch you in the face. If something valuable has a name on it, in a skatepark where you would know everyone there, why not give it back to the kid instead of raping it on a grinder and calling it your own

Hell even if you dont know the kid im sure someone else would know him there.
Fucking punk kids

Like I said read before you even attempt to insult me. There was NO ONE near the IPOD it was at the park closing. In my opionion if you LEAVE anything of value like that a phone/mp3 player I don't care what it is you don't deserve to have one. It had an alias/nickname on the back not an actual person's name so in actuallity what proof would that person have to prove that its that particular person's ipod. My friend is the person who really grabbed it and ended up just giving it to me right after we left because I gave him my PS2 awhile back when his broke.

Edited by Lpk32187, 10 May 2006 - 09:43 PM.

#28 ndsbass

ndsbass

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 440 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 11 May 2006 - 02:43 AM

QUOTE(Lpk32187 @ May 7 2006, 04:42 PM) View Post

you are a good for nothing peice of fuck and aggresive skating is gay as hell. Its not challenging at all. i used to do it but once i learned to frontflip it was just too easy. Try skateboarding, its way fucking harder and more fun.

This is just another reason to hate anyone who skateboards

thanks lol. although not all skaters are like lpk, i will agree a good amount of them are. i would never steal anything, especially an ipod.

@thread starter-get a video its so sweet to just be able to watch your fav tv show when ever you feel like it. ive got a 30 gig white and i love it. If your worried about scratches and dont care about color, get a white cause even though they scratch just as easily as one another, its harder to tell on a white.

#29 Lpk32187

Lpk32187

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 03:54 AM

QUOTE(ndsbass @ May 10 2006, 08:50 PM) View Post

you are a good for nothing peice of fuck and aggresive skating is gay as hell. Its not challenging at all. i used to do it but once i learned to frontflip it was just too easy. Try skateboarding, its way fucking harder and more fun.
thanks lol. although not all skaters are like lpk, i will agree a good amount of them are. i would never steal anything, especially an ipod.

@thread starter-get a video its so sweet to just be able to watch your fav tv show when ever you feel like it. ive got a 30 gig white and i love it. If your worried about scratches and dont care about color, get a white cause even though they scratch just as easily as one another, its harder to tell on a white.

So if you were walking by and seen an IPOD just laying there with nobody around it you wouldn't take it? If you said no you can go fuck yourself I bet 90% of you would in a heartbeat.

#30 Rylinkus

Rylinkus

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 12:05 AM

So the lesson: If you can't decide between and Ipod Nano, Video, or 5 Gig; steal one of each and then decide which you like best.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users