#1 grkfire

grkfire

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 16 November 2005 - 07:18 PM

A user named: PsYcHo_MaNtIs a gamestop employee claims to have been playing PD0 on their kiosk for a while now. Has been answering all kinds of questions and reading all 30 some odd pages now, this game is gonna ROCK!!!!!

I'll copy & paste some of the interesting bits of info. The rest can be found here: http://boards.gamefa...&topic=24547590

From: PsYcHo_MaNtIs | Posted: 11/13/2005 12:36:00 AM | Message Detail
I work at Gamestop and we got our instore interavtive today and our shipment of Perfect Dark Zero (Not the collecters). So me and my manager that was working that night got a crazy idea. Why not play some PDZ after closing time?

Let me just start by saying WOW. What a masterpiece of a game. We started with some Co-op. After we completed the tutorial level we went straight into the rooftop level witch is the first level of the game. We have all seen the videos so im not gonna tell you about what happens. I just need to emphasize that this game is as smooth as butter. Its absolutly the best game that I have ever played. The way you control you character, the way you fire your gun, and the way the bullets hit the enemy makes you feel like your in the game. Anyone who is a FPS fan will appreciat this game.

After we finished the level we noticed that it was 9:30 and we have to be out of the store by 10:00 so we went straight to multiplayer. We played the desert level (I cant remember the name). Controls and the feel of the game are just the same as single player. There are indeed 27 guns and you can custamize almost everyhting about the match. I do have to say though that the way this game plays does feel allot like Halo 2. But it does take allot more skill to take someone out.

So in conclusion people dont doubght this game. It rocks and so far with the hour that I had with it, it has fufilled all of my requests and wishes.
From: PsYcHo_MaNtIs | Posted: 11/14/2005 12:56:50 AM | Message Detail
I have no idea if there are any unlockables yet. I only beat the first level and didint get anything for it.

Yes the weapons did seem very balanced. I never got the feeling that I got cheep killed. Its all about skill. I went up against a bot who had a superdragon and all I had was the P9P and I killed him. Its all about skill.

To dissarm all you have to do is switch to no weapon mode and use the secondery fire. Its simple and take about 2 seconds to do.

When you duel weild you do have control over both gun. Left trigger shoots the left gun, right trigger shoots the right gun. Just like Halo 2.

As far as I know there is no quick turn. And yes no matter how soft you press on the stick, you will always go the same speed.

Yes you can crouch, and yes you have to hold it down. Yes you push in the direction you wish to roll.

The cover system hasent bother me at all. But then again it hasent been used against me yet. I have used it a few times though. But I cant speak for a 32 PLAYER match.

Yes the graphics are a thousand times better the Call of Duty 2. It looks nothing like it.

From what I know there is no character customization in the game.

The scalable maps work very simply. They adjust to the size of however many people are in the game. But you cant choose witch section you want to play in.
Yes I was being serious about the blood trails on walls. Its an amazing detail.

The entire feel of the game is much different then the original. But in a good way. It plays very smooth and fresh. Most of the same guns are back and a few new ones. Yes the superdragon and laptop gun are both back and better then ever. I'm not sure about Elvis because ive only played one campaign level.

Yes you can have up to 30 bots and play with a friend on all of the maps.

From the time that I have had with the game it all ran very very smooth and fine. But I wasent online to I dont know how it will handle lag.

Yes you can make the same exact customizations with bots as the last game. But you cant order the bots around or tell them what to do.

Yes there are blood stains on the ground too. But there will never be any holes or blood on the person you just killed. I have no idea why.

I hope this helps. If you guys have anymore questions please feel free to ask. It might take me some time to respond but I will definitely get to your question.

#2 ikecomp

ikecomp

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 16 November 2005 - 08:22 PM

This makes it a lot harder for me to wait till the 22nd sad.gif

#3 hugoboss1

hugoboss1

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts
  • Interests:GAMING,HUNTING.SHOOTING,KILLING,AND GAMING.

Posted 16 November 2005 - 09:01 PM

I dont know how you can compare COD2 with PDO they are 2 different games.

one is realistic and one is more sci-fi....maybe you meant that you prefer PDO grahpics but that doesnt mean they are better (apples and oranges).

thanks for your review..If you can pop in PGR3 I want to know more about that game.

#4 Ozy

Ozy

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts
  • Interests:Gamming,<br />Women,<br />Films,<br />Fine Food,<br />Drinking With My Mates<br /> - Not In That Order.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 November 2005 - 09:01 PM

HaHaHa. This game is gonna rock, it does rock! beerchug.gif

It would be so funny if ELVIS returned. Maybe in a bonus level.

For all of you too young to remember PD64, elvis is this guy;

user posted image

Man, this game rules.

#5 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 09:11 PM

they compared pd zeros graphics to CoD 2s?

Mind as well throw in a comparison of quake 4 in there too huh?

some people...

different art directions = different graphics

rolleyes.gif

#6 Ozy

Ozy

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts
  • Interests:Gamming,<br />Women,<br />Films,<br />Fine Food,<br />Drinking With My Mates<br /> - Not In That Order.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 16 November 2005 - 09:16 PM

QUOTE(Deftech @ Nov 16 2005, 08:18 PM)
different art directions = different graphics
rolleyes.gif

View Post

Zelda: Windwaker, Zelda: Twlight princess.

#7 ikecomp

ikecomp

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 09:22 PM

QUOTE(hugoboss1 @ Nov 16 2005, 02:08 PM)
I dont know how you can compare COD2 with PDO they are 2 different games.

one is realistic and one is more sci-fi....maybe you meant that you prefer PDO grahpics but that doesnt mean they are better (apples and oranges).

thanks for your review..If you can pop in PGR3 I want to know more about that game.

View Post

I don't think the guy that posted the orignial information on these forums played PDZ but he's posting what another guy played and wrote so I don't think he will be able to tell you anything on PGR3 until the 22nd

Edited by ikecomp, 16 November 2005 - 09:23 PM.

#8 grkfire

grkfire

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 11:06 PM

I was just about to say the same thing. rolleyes.gif

Oh btw: http://www.badanka.c...uploaded/05.JPG

Score 9.

I can't read Swedish though... sad.gif

Edited by grkfire, 16 November 2005 - 11:10 PM.

#9 sn4k13s

sn4k13s

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 114 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 16 November 2005 - 11:30 PM

what a bunch of babies on that forum. it turned into a "I want proof or your lying" thread.
why is it so hard to give someone the benefit of the doubt?
if you think he is lying, go read another thread. nobody needs you to be a hero and save them from, heaven forbid, false information about a freaking video game.
the skeptics ran the thread creater off the thread and he wont post anymore information about the game, even if it was false info, which i believe he was telling the truth.

#10 ikecomp

ikecomp

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 12:04 AM

I was reading through there too and the guy was saying that they got their 1st shipments in last monday and that they will most likely be getting in the second shipment around launch day. I'm not gonna say I believe him but it wouldn't be a suprise if it does turn out that MS has more supply than they are letting on about.

#11 Joergen

Joergen

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 12:34 AM

Swedes rolleyes.gif

"Weapons look like theyve been shipped in to Perfect Darks universe in hightech steel cases from Killzone and playability/gameplay feels like something Halo would give birth to after having sweaty sex in a glamorous sky bar with Goldeneye."

Good line but please dont mention the POS that is Killzone when reviewing the hottest launch game of the next generation.

#12 Heet

Heet

X-S Knowledgebase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,965 posts
  • Interests:Pina coladas and getting caught in the rain. Disk space.
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 17 November 2005 - 12:46 AM

Wow, I thought this game was going to suck but it looks like it will be amazing. Soooooooo glad I was wrong!! Guess im getting live now beerchug.gif pop.gif love.gif

#13 666Mafia

666Mafia

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 01:09 AM

I thought the 360 kiosks were only able to play Demo discs?
Hmmmm...

#14 jagsfan

jagsfan

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 01:57 AM

guys i have the first 20 min of level one on my pc. its in french but you can still see the gameplay. its over 200mb so not sure where to host it

#15 gamepin126

gamepin126

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 02:18 AM

filefront allows big sizes I think. Ment for game demo videos too I think

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users