8 replies to this topic

#1 hoppityhow

hoppityhow

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 12:31 AM

i've made a working snes pad for my xbox through a 15 pin moniter cable adapter. all 15 pins are used (UDLR, ABXYLR, select, and start, ground, and power (i made this a long time ago, i cant remember if there was a power wire or not) ) anyways, i want to add a button to the controller for the white (fast forward button) and L3 for the menu. Does anyone have any information on how to do this. I'm thinking either adding another cable somehow, or using some kind of button combination, but i have no experience in this, so any info is appreciated.

#2 brandon_r87

brandon_r87

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 17 November 2005 - 01:22 AM

actually, would you be interested in writing a tutorial on how to do this? it would be much appreciated by myself, and probably others in the emu scene.

#3 kdx80boy

kdx80boy

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 02:44 AM

It would be so much easier if they came out with a retro controller for the xbox like they did with the ps2. I saw them at best buy and wished it was for xbox, but no, stupid ps2. Anyways, the one's I saw were an updated NES controller but had all the buttons like the ps2, it was sweet.

#4 nightmare84j28

nightmare84j28

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 17 November 2005 - 02:51 AM

I've got one, madcatz, damn cool controller! Cost 5 new!! biggrin.gif

#5 hoppityhow

hoppityhow

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 10:09 PM

i wouldn't mind doing a tutorial, but i have limited access to a digital camera. i might have time to do one over this thanksgiving holiday since i'll be at my moms and i can use hers. it's actually a fairly easy process as long as you know how to solder decently smile.gif

#6 speed_racer88

speed_racer88

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy shredding the gnar, hangin' with my bros and long walks on the beach.
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:none

Posted 18 November 2005 - 01:42 AM

QUOTE(kdx80boy @ Nov 16 2005, 06:51 PM)
It would be so much easier if they came out with a retro controller for the xbox like they did with the ps2.  I saw them at best buy and wished it was for xbox, but no, stupid ps2.  Anyways, the one's I saw were an updated NES controller but had all the buttons like the ps2, it was sweet.

View Post

you can buy ps2 to xbox converters if you want to use those.

#7 crystalgeek

crystalgeek

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Electronics and anything I can undo with a screwdriver
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 18 November 2005 - 01:58 PM

http://www.joystiq.c...17137582525561/ link to a nes-usb controller or try google to get snes to usb, bxox controllers r usb so same applies intead of usb cable use xbox

#8 Agrooreo

Agrooreo

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 393 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 18 November 2005 - 02:15 PM

Wow thanks for the info. Ive only ever heard that it was impossible. Thanks alot for the information.

#9 revengeismyfury

revengeismyfury

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts
  • Interests:Halo 3 Live, Anime, XBMC.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 18 November 2005 - 10:53 PM

becareful man I dont think that will work.

If it was a usb adapter for the xbox then it would work.

Its not going to be compatible with the xbox. Because the xbox would obviously have to have drivers for that usb cord. Which it only has drivers for xbox gamecontrollers and added drivers from apps like mouse and keyboard. Thats it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users