#1 cayotic

cayotic

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 17 November 2005 - 06:48 AM

Per my other post, note to self, I thought I would just let my friend have my lame xbox. I have to use a modchip to boot it up. Since I don't want to give him my modchip, I would like to find a way to get it to boot on its own.

Its an Xbox version 1.0. When I remove the chip and attempt to boot the screen remains black and there is no audio. I read that it could have something to do with the video compatibility, similar to how Cromwell (at one point) would only boot the Xbox via RF. So I ruled this out by trying to boot via RF and AV. The LED stays green and does not frag during this process.

I took a backed up eeprom from a working Xbox and tried to repair my eeprom via the method written here. http://arisme.free.fr/Xbox/Reflash/

It patched my eeprom successfully upon reboot but once again, it will not boot without the modchip.

Any ideas?

#2 pricemeista33

pricemeista33

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 July 2006 - 04:27 AM

Ensure that the HDD is locked before removing the chip. You will not be able to boot to an original Xbox bios with an unlocked HDD. That's what it sounds like to me or it just maybe something else really weird going on inside your box.

#3 d9ciarav

d9ciarav

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 05 August 2006 - 02:49 AM

it the hard drive was unlocked, it would still boot, he'd just see an error screen.

it's kind of a weird problem he's got going on there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users