X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 09:06 AM

I found this article : http://www.nypost.co...nment/57621.htm
in todays 11-17-05 edition of the NY Post

It is actually trying to convince people NOT to buy the 360 and the reasons
the reporter writes are just rediculous. He needs to be shot. Here is the copy N paste.

DON'T BUY THE XBOX 360

By MAXINE SHEN
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MS's Xbox 360, due out Tuesday, costs nearly $600 fully loaded - and won't play some of the season's hottest games.
Email Archives
Print Reprint

November 17, 2005 -- THE buzz started six months ago. There's Bill Gates on the cover of Time magazine in May, with a glowing green-and-white machine. "Inside Bill's New Xbox" it screamed.
Since then, the Xbox 360 - a sequel to MS's Xbox video-game unit - has been the subject of breathless profiles, splashy television ads and Internet gossip. The first shipments, due Tuesday, are already sold out. Analysts are calling it this year's hot holiday gift. Don't believe the hype - and don't buy the Xbox 360.

Oh, it's an amazing console, don't get us wrong. Plugged into a high-definition television set with a booming sound system, it's amazing, a wonderland of sights and music.

But that's the part of the problem. To get the full Xbox 360 experience, you need to spend hundreds - perhaps thousands - of dollars. All that for a machine that won't play the hot games this season, like Star Wars Battlefront II and 50 Cent: Bulletproof.

Save your cash, and skip the frenzy. Here are five reasons you should say "game over" to the Xbox 360:

* Price - The Xbox 360 comes in two versions: the hard drive-less "core" system for $299 and the premium package for $399. But those who buy the lower-cost version are in for a surprise - they won't be able to play any of the Xbox games they already own.

"A lot of parents who go out and buy the $300 system because they can't afford the $400 system, will have kids who aren't going to able to play Halo or Halo 2 because backwards compatibility is going to be on the hard drive," says Brian D. Crecente, editor of kotaku.com, a gaming news blog.

* Lack of games - MS has announced there will be 200 backwards compatible games (including Forza Motorsport and Halo 2), but only 19 launch titles for the 360. Only a handful are exclusives.

And popular new games, like 50 Cent: Bulletproof and The Warriors won't play on the 360 at all.

Douglass Perry, editor in chief of the Xbox channel on IGN, says, "If you can wait, the second wave of games [due next year] are going to give developers the chance to really show us next generation gaming in the truest sense."

* No competition - Sure, you could rush out and drop hundreds on the 360, but we have no idea what the next-gen PlayStation 3 and Nintendo Revolution are going to be capable of doing. Both of those systems are due next year, and will surely spark a mini price war with the Xbox 360.

* Hidden costs - Right now, the Xbox 360's stunning graphics is it's biggest selling point, but to take advantage of it, you'll need to invest in a high-definition TV - tacking on an extra couple hundred bucks, at least.

"We've all heard MS basically saying that if you want to get an HDTV, the 360 is going to be the thing that makes you go out and get one," Crecente says. "Most of us dismissed that, but I swear, it's like they designed the 360 to make your TV look bad if you don't have HDTV."

And if you add peripherals, such as the ability to play games over the Internet, and the Xbox 360 costs nearly $600!

* Older consoles are not dead yet - Both the original Xbox and the PS2 are selling for $149, with the GameCube coming in at a mere $99 - in all cases, a complete steal compared to the Xbox 360.

You could take the money you saved and put it towards buying all the systems plus a whole bunch of great games like The Warriors.

Although he's a firm believer in the Xbox 360, Perry says, "If you buy a PS2 or an Xbox now, you're buying a system at the end of its lifestyle, when some of the best games are showing up."

#2 ferrari_rulz_02

ferrari_rulz_02

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,395 posts
  • Interests:my girfriend, then the xbox<br />and yes, it is in that order
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 November 2005 - 09:51 AM

yeah, its bullshit i agree

#3 deadparrot

deadparrot

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,300 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 18 November 2005 - 09:57 AM

Somebody has been under informed.

#4 trey85stang

trey85stang

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 18 November 2005 - 10:02 AM

uhm, the article has a point. I don't know about 600 bucks. more like 500 once you get a second wireless controller and a game and add tax in. Not 600. But all the points in the article are valid except for the 'it wont play the hottest games comment' wtf wants to play the star wars game or some stupid 50 cent game?

#5 ferrari_rulz_02

ferrari_rulz_02

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • 6,395 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 10:26 AM

i still think its a heap of junk

#6 guidop

guidop

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 12:09 PM

any money she typed that on a imac. i tell you there's only one thing worse than a sony zombie it's a mac fan boy. seriously, my asshole couldn't shit out a such a piece of shit even if it wanted to.

obviously maxine is either a mother that dosen't want to buy her son a 360 coz she is a tight ass or she is a wife to a man who would prefer to play 360 than have sex with her because she is ugly and crap in bed

#7 exint

exint

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 12:13 PM

same kinda article on cnn.... bastards

#8 ferrari_rulz_02

ferrari_rulz_02

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • 6,395 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 12:18 PM

QUOTE(exint @ Nov 18 2005, 09:20 PM)
same kinda article on cnn.... bastards

View Post

well i think the reason may be that m$ tends to be portrayed very badly in the media

#9 jizmo

jizmo

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 448 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 18 November 2005 - 12:23 PM

QUOTE(MaulerX @ Nov 18 2005, 11:13 AM)
You could take the money you saved and put it towards buying all the systems plus a whole bunch of great games like The Warriors.

View Post

Sure, why not get the best when you can get heaps of crap with the same price? rolleyes.gif

Warriors will surely look *ace* after you return from your friends place, having played PD0 and Condemned for a few hours.

Edited by jizmo, 18 November 2005 - 12:23 PM.

#10 DarthZug

DarthZug

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 04:19 PM

All that for a machine that won't play the hot games this season, like Star Wars Battlefront II and 50 Cent: Bulletproof.

I am miffed about the XBOX360 not playing Star Wars Battlefront II, but it is a XBOX game. That is why I will keep my XBOX and get a XBOX360. This guy must be a Sony Fanboy. To make an omlett you have to break a few eggs, so if we lose the ability to play some of our XBOX games on the new 360 so be it. It's going to be a great system. As far as the HDTV goes, isn't everyone suppose to be getting them anyways. Hell I have two HDTV's.

#11 LowProfileWurm

LowProfileWurm

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 04:44 PM

The guy thinks 50 Cent Bulletproof is a "hot game"... That should prevent you from reading forward.

But, to play devil's advocate, who's to say it won't have a BC profile come Xmas?? And to add, he'll probably be singing the opposite tune when PS3 launches. "Oh the pricetag just reflects the quality." I hate the press anyway, but this dildo just makes the rest of them look even more like cockholsters. rolleyes.gif

Edited by LowProfileWurm, 18 November 2005 - 04:47 PM.

#12 BCfosheezy

BCfosheezy

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 04:55 PM

QUOTE(trey85stang @ Nov 18 2005, 04:09 AM)
uhm,  the article has a point.  I don't know about 600 bucks.  more like 500 once you get a second wireless controller and a game and add tax in.  Not 600.  But all the points in the article are valid except for the 'it wont play the hottest games comment'  wtf wants to play the star wars game or some stupid 50 cent game?

View Post

What points are vaild? She used the examples of parents buying a 360 but their kids couldn't play the games they already own on it. Ok first of all did they just OWN the games and not have an original xbox? If so they can't play 'em anyways. For the record PS3 won't have any BC so why is this a valid point?
It's a next generation console- of course it's gonna cost ~$500 to get geared up but it cost right about the same for the ps2's launch and xbox launch. Again I fail to see the relevance of this comment. It sounds like someone who resists change to me.
Then about the HDTV comments. M$ does not require a hdtv to play xbox360. She said something about how she swears M$ made the games look like crap on a non-hdtv.... no that's just the nature of 480i. What do people not understand? Graphics can't be "next-generation" on a technology that's been around for decades. Still sounds like someone is resisting change.
None of the arguments in this article are good points because anyone with any logic knows why the things pointed out are the way they are.

#13 eurodeseo

eurodeseo

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 18 November 2005 - 04:58 PM

Aww hell. I can't play Fiddy Cent on my 360? hahahaha...wtf

#14 boxrocker

boxrocker

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 18 November 2005 - 05:13 PM

Why the hell wouldn't it play Starwars Battlefront 2? It's a brand new game, surely MS has backwards compatibility for it...

This guy is either:

1. Old. You can't teach an old dog new tricks.
2. A big sony lover. (I'll never buy sony again, but that's another story).

It sucks that he's using his power as a writer to advertise for Sony...

#15 ikecomp

ikecomp

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 18 November 2005 - 05:17 PM

Where in the hell did this person get the idea that 50 cent:bulletproof and The Warriors were the hottest games out. Just because the commercial comes on does not make it a hot game. It also sounds like he/she has done little to no research, because I don't understand why it will cost $600 to play online

[/QUOTE]And if you add peripherals, such as the ability to play games over the Internet, and the Xbox 360 costs nearly $600! [QUOTE]

I guess if you buy the wireless adapter I could maybe see that price but you don't need it to play on live. This article at its core is nothing more than someone's misguided opinion.

Edited by ikecomp, 18 November 2005 - 05:27 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users