Photo

Question For Anyone Who Has Played Pgr3.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Deezee

Deezee

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 18 November 2005 - 11:19 AM

I picked up my copy today, but I havent opened it yet. Before I do Id like to know "Can I change the controls?" I want to steer with the D-pad, use (A) for the the gas, and the triggers for shifting and what not. I was looking at the scans of the booklet and I dont see any option to change them? Thanks. beerchug.gif

#2 jizmo

jizmo

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 448 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 November 2005 - 12:02 PM

This won't help you much there, but why on earth do you want to change the gas to A button, which is digital. Ie. it's on full or then it's off, which is a bad idea when having to go with exact speed in curves, exiting steep corners etc. Having analog shoulder triggers was a stroke of genius from Xbox developers, for the first time car games are somewhat drivable without steering wheel.

And don't say that precise speed adjusting can be done with gears, since it can't be biggrin.gif

#3 Deezee

Deezee

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 12:28 PM

I have controlled "every" car game on Xbox with the A button. And I was "always" all or nothing. Trying to moderate the gas with the A button has always been a joke! There were only 2 speeds slow and go...... And I only need 1! beerchug.gif

#4 Foe-hammer

Foe-hammer

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, body building, video games
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 18 November 2005 - 01:07 PM

The sholder tabs (black and white button replacements) would make excellent shifters, i would think.

#5 craigncheri

craigncheri

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 02:49 PM

I was playing this game last night at my local EB. I don't know if the controlls can be customized but I can tell you the left shoulder button changes the camera angle and the right sholder button toggles drivers names on and off.
The analog sholder buttons are for gas and brake

The X and B buttons are used for shifting
the A button is the hand brake
I forgot what the Y button did.

I didn't get a chance to play it for all that long and didn't progress pass the first track. What I saw look amazing.

While I was there they were also playing Madden and NBA 2k6. I'm not a fan of sports games but Madden looked great, NBA 2k6 I personaly didn't think it looked all that good but the guy's that bought it were very impressed by it so maybee it was just me.

#6 jizmo

jizmo

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 03:03 PM

QUOTE(craigncheri @ Nov 18 2005, 04:56 PM)
I forgot what the Y button did.

View Post

Y looks back and right thumbstick looks around in in-car view.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users