#31 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 November 2005 - 09:37 PM

QUOTE(incognegro @ Nov 21 2005, 03:22 PM)
we can argue this as much as we want but ultimately Gun and THAW are just victims of a spectacular launch and as a result they have to endure sharper scrutiny. I mean with all the competition of great games for the 360 how can you recommend these games to anyone but the die hards that havent bought the game yet? Thats why they deserve the gamespot score.

View Post

i get your point but still in the end a good game is a good game. cross-generation games are the only ones that shouldnt be put under such high scrutiny because of their last gen roots. its stupid to compare a game built for last gen to a game made for the 360, that doesnt deface any fun that can be had by those games though. i never said i wanted complaints, that is what a lot of people are already doing on these cross-generation games before even playing them in full. all i was asking was reasons for how jasker came to his opinions.

in the coming gen some old sayings will speak more true then ever before: the better the graphics get the easier it will be to spot the flaws and the end old debate that gameplay rules over all, even graphics. im not saying that graphics mean nothing as they help to suck you into the world being portayed on the screen, but for me if the game is fun enough then the graphics dont have to be totally revolutionay, just good. shenmue 2 for example was one of my favorite xbox games but it definatly wasnt the prettiest as it was a DC port (even though i thought it was impressive looking in a lot of ways)

Edited by KAGE360, 21 November 2005 - 09:43 PM.

#32 jaskerzada006

jaskerzada006

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 09:42 PM

i wont be playing the game because other then the first two i lost interest in the series. however just because its not my kind of game i wont go out and say it sucks. for a skateboarding game, it has no equal. its also evident to the improvements that they have made through-out the years. im not one to downplay someones work and acheivements because its something i dont care for, thats just blind ignorance.

as for my reply to you earlier i was really curious to what made you think the game "blows"? how long did you play the game? are you even a fan of the series? do you think it blows only because it doesnt have "next gen" visuals? if you would actually include details then maybe it would give your shallow opinions some more solid ground to stand on. it scares me that some people may actually take words like your serious, while im sure there are millions of more gamers around the world that would be happy to disagree with you.

Well, if you want a full review, there are plenty to go around, including the one that started this topic. But I think you want a full review that you agree with; and I can't help you out there.

I just don't feel the need to justify my opinion to you or anyone else. If you don't agree with what I'm saying now, giving you my complete bio and how I came to my opinions probably won't help.

So I'll leave it at that and you guys can play crap games all day long for all I care.

#33 incognegro

incognegro

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,519 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 22 November 2005 - 03:31 PM

i get your point but still in the end a good game is a good game. cross-generation games are the only ones that shouldnt be put under such high scrutiny because of their last gen roots. its stupid to compare a game built for last gen to a game made for the 360, that doesnt deface any fun that can be had by those games though. i never said i wanted complaints, that is what a lot of people are already doing on these cross-generation games before even playing them in full. all i was asking was reasons for how jasker came to his opinions.

Now your not making much sense............first of all, they didnt say it wasnt a good game (they say any game over 5.0 is ok); second, you cant possible think these games shouldnt be judged similarly to the other games on the same platform! Thats like saying "We cant expect any better from her cause she is just a girl"; if your in the big leagues you shouldnt expect special treatment, just work harder! I mean Soul calibur was made for for weaker hardware to the DC but we all know how that turned out. I mean why didnt they just worked with ms to make THAW for the xbox backwards compatible and stick a big "also compatible with the xbox 360" sticker on the front and it save everyone the trouble.

And jasker is on ignore for me so i dont know what you talking about...... dry.gif

#34 m_hael

m_hael

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 23 November 2005 - 10:21 AM

QUOTE(incognegro @ Nov 22 2005, 07:38 AM)
Now your not making much sense............first of all, they didnt say it wasnt a good game (they say any game over 5.0 is ok); second, you cant possible think these games shouldnt be judged similarly to the other games on the same platform! Thats like saying "We cant expect any better from her cause she is just a girl"; if your in the big leagues you shouldnt expect special treatment, just work harder! I mean Soul calibur was made for for weaker hardware to the DC but we all know how that turned out. I mean why didnt they just worked with ms to make THAW for the xbox backwards compatible and stick a big "also compatible with the xbox 360" sticker on the front and it save everyone the trouble.

And jasker is on ignore for me so i dont know what you talking about...... dry.gif

View Post

you obviously haven't played the game so I think I'll give you the respect you deserve.

#35 incognegro

incognegro

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,519 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 23 November 2005 - 01:28 PM

I told you, I review games on the side. Ive played all the launch titles..... dry.gif

Anyways im done with this, i spoke my mind. I dont want to continue any further.

m_chael, i dont want you to think i dont respect what you do or anything. This was just my opinion.....keep doing what you do, im sure its not an easy job.

Everybody's been selfish with their pop.gif as of late, so here is mine as a peace offering pop.gif beerchug.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users