brooksie48

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 November 2005 - 06:39 AM

Here is gamepot's glowing review of PGR3, and read or watch it before you say anything please. PGR3 review

Edited by brooksie48, 19 November 2005 - 06:39 AM.

#2 VariableElite

VariableElite

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 November 2005 - 08:25 AM

That's definitely going to be the first game I play. wub.gif

/drools

#3 unclepauly

unclepauly

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 09:07 AM

Only an 8.8? That's not very glowing. That game looks like it should get nothing below 9.something. Of course I haven't played it so I can't really say.

#4 jizzlobber

jizzlobber

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 09:20 AM

dunno where 8.8 came from, the reviewer loved it to bits.
maybe they are leaving room for better games?

#5 incognegro

incognegro

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,519 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 03:03 PM

Let me bring up to speed on gamespots reviews........getting an 8 from them is like game of the year!!!......lol

Theyre very hard to please, I dont expect any of the launch games to get 9 from them (well maybe PD0, i predict 9.2), not cause im selling them short but just because very few ever get that honour from them and they never give 10s. EVER. if they give a game 7 and up that means REALLY good. Just look at their THAW and GUN reviews. They dont take shit from no one!

I remember when shenmue came out for the DC and every body was giving it 8s, not gamespot. They actually liked it and gave it a 6!!! They just said the presentation was whack but the game was ok.

I trust them though cause it only means that if a game gets a 9 then it TRULY deserves it.

#6 revs

revs

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 03:17 PM

Yeah, games get a 9 way way too easy nowadays. As posted in another thread, an average game (i.e. good, but nothing special) should get a 5, hardly any game should get 9 and 10s!

#7 incognegro

incognegro

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,519 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 03:31 PM

QUOTE(revs @ Nov 19 2005, 03:24 PM)
Yeah, games get a 9 way way too easy nowadays. As posted in another thread, an average game (i.e. good, but nothing special) should get a 5, hardly any game should get 9 and 10s!

View Post

I agree.......thats why im not reading any reviews until i hear what gamespot has to say first.

#8 brooksie48

brooksie48

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 05:29 PM

QUOTE(unclepauly @ Nov 19 2005, 03:14 AM)
Only an 8.8? That's not very glowing. That game looks like it should get nothing below 9.something. Of course I haven't played it so I can't really say.

View Post

That's why I said read it before you post.

#9 Ballz2TheWallz

Ballz2TheWallz

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 06:25 PM

G4, xplays scale is much more balanced, as the average rateing is 3 out of 5, even though the show is stupid there rateings are still something to consider

#10 pvwr

pvwr

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 19 November 2005 - 06:42 PM

8.8 is great, PGR2 (which I love and still play) got 8.7, so based on those rankings, I just know that PGR3 is the right bet for me love.gif . Gotta get 360 SOON ... well, as soon as shortage allows me to jester.gif .

#11 littlepitel

littlepitel

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 08:30 PM

QUOTE(incognegro @ Nov 19 2005, 02:10 PM)
very few ever get that honour from them and they never give 10s. EVER.

View Post

See Soul Calibur 1 for Dreamcast:
Soul Calibur 1 Reivew

#12 tonloc79

tonloc79

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 19 November 2005 - 08:48 PM

QUOTE(Ballz2TheWallz @ Nov 19 2005, 06:32 PM)
G4, xplays scale is much more balanced, as the average rateing is 3 out of 5, even though the show is stupid there rateings are still something to consider

View Post

I dont like the 5 point scale. I do watch Xplay and do trust there opinions but i wish they would use a different scale! beerchug.gif PS hope to see M.W. at Zero Hour wink.gif

Edited by tonloc79, 19 November 2005 - 08:49 PM.

#13 dysfunc7i0n

dysfunc7i0n

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 09:24 PM

Think about what ratings you are giving some of these games for a second people.

Most of you are trying to give nearly every xbox 360 game a 9 point something rating. That is simply stupid. What happens when we are 2 years down the road getting AMAZING games? How can you show that they are better than the launch games when you are giving launch games 9.2's and 9.3's?

Look at what OXM for example did with the Splinter Cell series. All 3 of those games got generaly the same rating when in fact Chaos Theory blows the original Splinter Cell out of the water in every aspect.

Just something to think about before you go off and say that a certain review is awful just because he is thinking forward.

I'm not pointing this toward any certain person in here really, it's more toward people in other threads that I've been noticing but just thought that I would slap my 2 cents here.

ph34r.gif

#14 tonloc79

tonloc79

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 19 November 2005 - 09:32 PM

Exactly! Its like 1up giving a launch game a 10. So for the life of the 360 thats as good as it gets? It makes no sense! uhh.gif I rhymed!

#15 incognegro

incognegro

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,519 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 12:55 AM

QUOTE(dysfunc7i0n @ Nov 19 2005, 09:31 PM)
Think about what ratings you are giving some of these games for a second people.

Most of you are trying to give nearly every xbox 360 game a 9 point something rating.  That is simply stupid.  What happens when we are 2 years down the road getting AMAZING games? How can you show that they are better than the launch games when you are giving launch games 9.2's and 9.3's?

Look at what OXM for example did with the Splinter Cell series.  All 3 of those games got generaly the same rating when in fact Chaos Theory blows the original Splinter Cell out of the water in every aspect.

Just something to think about before you go off and say that a certain review is awful just because he is thinking forward.

I'm not pointing this toward any certain person in here really, it's more toward people in other threads that I've been noticing but just thought that I would slap my 2 cents here.

ph34r.gif

View Post

I think we all are all missing the point of reviews on a whole, especially you. When a game is rated (and this is true for most sites) the point is to rate a game against the current crop of games. so If soul calibur gets a perfect it isnt because the game is unbeatable and perfect, its that its on a pedestal higher than the current crop of games. Its the game to beat......sure there are gonna be better games in the future but for now this is the best.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users