• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Chicken_Chaser

Chicken_Chaser

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Interests:Electronics/Electronic Equipment, Gaming, Consoles, Internet, anything capable of being modded up!
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 19 November 2005 - 09:47 AM

Well, my dad got pretty angry at me, talking crap about my Xbox warranty and that, sooooo i was thinking of alternate ideas, and i thought maybe i could take off the top cover of the box and attach the LEDs, but so that they arn't physically a part of the Xbox, and then i could lead the wires out of the back, into some sort of switch (Havn't thought of that yet), and my dad shouldn't complain because i'm not actually doing anything apart from taking the cover off.

#2 sick_mate_xbox

sick_mate_xbox

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts
  • Interests:-Skateboarding<br />-My VT Commodore<br />-Xbox Modding<br />-Rachael :)<br />-Snakes
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 November 2005 - 09:55 AM

QUOTE(Chicken_Chaser @ Nov 19 2005, 06:24 PM)
Well, my dad got pretty angry at me, talking crap about my Xbox warranty and that, sooooo i was thinking of alternate ideas, and i thought maybe i could take off the top cover of the box and attach the LEDs, but so that they arn't physically a part of the Xbox, and then i could lead the wires out of the back, into some sort of switch (Havn't thought of that yet), and my dad shouldn't complain because i'm not actually doing anything apart from taking the cover off.

View Post

by taking the case off you are vioding the warranty.. as soon as you break that sticker underneath the xbox case to expose the screw, your warranty is goooone.

#3 SICKdimension

SICKdimension

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,659 posts
  • Interests:TO IM ME, STATE YOUR REASON, DON'T JUST SAY &quot;HEY R U THERE?&quot;
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 19 November 2005 - 10:04 AM

QUOTE(Chicken_Chaser @ Nov 19 2005, 01:54 AM)
i'm not actually doing anything apart from taking the cover off.

View Post

And that right there is what voids the warranty. You might want to use the 5V in the controller ports if you are desperate to add external LEDs.

#4 Chicken_Chaser

Chicken_Chaser

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Interests:Electronics/Electronic Equipment, Gaming, Consoles, Internet, anything capable of being modded up!

Posted 19 November 2005 - 10:11 AM

Damn, thanks though guys!

#5 sick_mate_xbox

sick_mate_xbox

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts
  • Interests:-Skateboarding<br />-My VT Commodore<br />-Xbox Modding<br />-Rachael :)<br />-Snakes
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 19 November 2005 - 10:16 AM

just waiting untill your warranty and extended warranty ends. i chopped up my xbox still in its extended warranty, mum cut sick but got over it.. tongue.gif

#6 Chicken_Chaser

Chicken_Chaser

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 10:43 AM

QUOTE(sick_mate_xbox @ Nov 19 2005, 07:23 PM)
just waiting untill your warranty and extended warranty ends. i chopped up my xbox still in its extended warranty, mum cut sick but got over it.. tongue.gif

View Post

Haha, yeah i think my mum got extended warranty on mine, which was good because i had never heard of people modding Xbox's then so i was like "woohoo, extra warranty", but now i realized i will have to wait at LEAST another year before it all runs out (i think a year) then it will be mine...mine.....MINE!!!! *psychotic laughter* tongue.gif my parents are strict with this kinda crap though dry.gif

Edited by Chicken_Chaser, 19 November 2005 - 10:44 AM.

#7 no0b123

no0b123

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts
  • Interests:Just xbox :p
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 19 November 2005 - 11:22 AM

QUOTE(Chicken_Chaser @ Nov 19 2005, 05:50 AM)
then it will be mine...mine.....MINE!!!! *psychotic laughter* tongue.gif

View Post

Dont you mean "she's mine....mine....MINE!!!!" hahahaha I never really liked that movie but I always seem to remember the scripts of movies. Good luck if you do decide to mod!

#8 Chicken_Chaser

Chicken_Chaser

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 11:44 AM

QUOTE(no0b123 @ Nov 19 2005, 08:29 PM)
Dont you mean "she's mine....mine....MINE!!!!" hahahaha I never really liked that movie but I always seem to remember the scripts of movies. Good luck if you do decide to mod!

View Post

Lol, i never really liked it either tongue.gif Haha, i'll need all the luck i can get knowing me tongue.gif nah, should be aight, if i do mod i'll post some pics up biggrin.gif

#9 games1216

games1216

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 19 November 2005 - 06:35 PM

If you want something really nice without taking your xbox apart , Connect LEDs to the vibration motors. It is very cheap (Requires 2 LEDs and soldering iron).It is fun to look at as well.

#10 eminvil_12

eminvil_12

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,718 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 20 November 2005 - 02:34 AM

You should try getting the back stickers off without harming them, then stick them back on, i did it and it look like the seal hasnt been broken, just need a hair dryer and peel em off slow.

But if you can get inside the xbox, try doing controller dongle LED's, easiest mod to do. requires one led and one resistor.

But if you end up opening it and screwing something, the chances of that are so minimal when you have help from people here though. The chances of ruining something are slim.
and if you do ruin something, no doubt you will be bale to fix it with some knowledgeable people on this board.

#11 Chicken_Chaser

Chicken_Chaser

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 04:17 AM

QUOTE(games1216 @ Nov 20 2005, 03:42 AM)
If you want something really nice without taking your xbox apart , Connect LEDs to the vibration motors. It is very cheap (Requires 2 LEDs and soldering iron).It is fun to look at as well.

View Post

Ah, good idea! Do you need any resistors for the LEDs? Also, is there any real chance that i might stuff up? (i'm good with a soldering iron so i guess that's a plus [used to make little robots that move around lol wink.gif ]) tongue.gif

QUOTE(eminvil_12 @ Nov 20 2005, 11:41 AM)
You should try getting the back stickers off without harming them, then stick them back on, i did it and it look like the seal hasnt been broken, just need a hair dryer and peel em off slow.

But if you can get inside the xbox, try doing controller dongle LED's, easiest mod to do. requires one led and one resistor.

But if you end up opening it and screwing something, the chances of that are so minimal when you have help from people here though.  The chances of ruining something are slim.
and if you do ruin something, no doubt you will be bale to fix it with some knowledgeable people on this board.

View Post

Yeah i was looking at dongle mods today and they look pretty awsome, and yeah people on the forums seem really helpful and nice biggrin.gif If i stuff up my controller/dongle, i'll just go buy a new one as oppose to a complete console biggrin.gif

#12 ubermorons

ubermorons

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 04:20 AM

if you just follow what the tuts or what people tell, then your should be fine. just dont stray too far from the tut, i did, fucked up a controller and learned my lesson

#13 Chicken_Chaser

Chicken_Chaser

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 04:27 AM

QUOTE(ubermorons @ Nov 20 2005, 01:27 PM)
if you just follow what the tuts or what people tell, then your should be fine. just dont stray too far from the tut, i did, fucked up a controller and learned my lesson

View Post

Yeah, i follow tuts really really closely when i'm working with electrical equipt. Aww bummer, how badly did it stuff up? sad.gif

#14 games1216

games1216

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 20 November 2005 - 05:35 AM

QUOTE("Chicken_Chaser")
Ah, good idea! Do you need any resistors for the LEDs? Also, is there any real chance that i might stuff up? (i'm good with a soldering iron so i guess that's a plus [used to make little robots that move around lol  ]) 
No resistors at all required , I did not use any and they work perfectly but if you are going to tap into power on any where else on the controller use resistors.

#15 eminvil_12

eminvil_12

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,718 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 20 November 2005 - 05:46 AM

QUOTE(games1216 @ Nov 20 2005, 02:42 PM)
No resistors at all required , I did not use any and they work perfectly but if you are going to tap into power on any where else on the controller use resistors.

View Post

Not using a resistor could end up blowing your led, better off using a resistor and knowing itsnever going to get blown.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users