30 replies to this topic

#1 silentblackhat

silentblackhat

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 139 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 05:01 AM

Concealing the group behind this, a developer has allready "hacked" the xbox. Of course the code didn't need to be cracked given that he has access to the development of the xbox360 code. They are assembling a team to develop a chip that will be able to boot the xbox(project code name "hot box"). Unlike the origional XBOX, much more is needed than just a d0 wire to make the xbox 360 boot from the chip; giving other information away would give away how to mod the xbox 360. This would be a mistake on my part by telling information how to given that there is alot of money to be made with the modification of the xbox 360. More information will be given on this topic at a later time. More time and development is needed before this new chip is ready to be produced.

#2 frOOt lOOps

frOOt lOOps

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 126 posts
  • Interests:hockey, xbox, computers, technology, modding stuff
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 20 November 2005 - 05:07 AM

ya very possible i can see someone saying hey MS i am a good security programmer and would like to help develop secuirty to stop piracy. they finish and xbox 360 is realesed. hey bill it has been fun working with you guys but i would like to leave your company now. now this employee nows every security detail on the 360 down to technical info so he knows how to defeat the security. he says why work for MS for little salary when i could develop a mod chip and make possibly millions. he leaves MS xbox 360 team knowing all the security deals and builds a mod chip because he knows how to defeat the security. i am sure this always happens. if you design the security than chances are you know how to defeat it. if you are the designer of any product with computers than you know how to exploit it. this si evry realistic what you said. just why no proff. no claims, no pics, no videos no proof. what you said souns realistic but where is the proof you can back this up with.

#3 darkblizzard

darkblizzard

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts
  • Interests:GTA Series Modding, Specificly GTA: San Andreas.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 November 2005 - 05:10 AM

Nice...Im hoping for some type of hard drive hack so we dont have to void our warrenty

#4 frOOt lOOps

frOOt lOOps

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 05:47 AM

yes i would like that to. you probally wont be able to fit a nice upgraded hdd in the 360 unless u want a frankenstein xbox 360 tongue.gif . the best idea i have heard is find a way for it to boot a dashboard of a usb memory stick. and if u wanna get on live just unplug the memory stick. free. easy. newb proff. and waranty biggrin.gif

#5 Owtlaw333

Owtlaw333

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,203 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 20 November 2005 - 05:48 AM

QUOTE(frOOt lOOps @ Nov 19 2005, 07:14 PM)
ya very possible i can see someone saying hey MS i am a good security programmer and would like to help develop secuirty to stop piracy. they finish and xbox 360 is realesed. hey bill it has been fun working with you guys but i would like to leave your company now. now this employee nows every security detail on the 360 down to technical info so he knows how to defeat the security. he says why work for MS for little salary when i could develop a mod chip and make possibly millions. he leaves MS xbox 360 team knowing all the security deals and builds a mod chip because he knows how to defeat the security. i am sure this always happens. if you design the security than chances are you know how to defeat it. if you are the designer of any product with computers than you know how to exploit it. this si evry realistic what you said. just why no proff. no claims, no pics, no videos no proof. what you said souns realistic but where is the proof you can back this up with.

View Post

I highly doubt that there's millions to be made in the chip business. And who said he has ta quit? tongue.gif lol Why quit when you can make a fairly good salary at M$ and also make chips on the side?

#6 frOOt lOOps

frOOt lOOps

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 06:03 AM

i am sure there is absolutely no way you work or make modchips for a team and work for microosft they could do somethingbad to you. absolutrly no way they would fire you or you could maybee get a alw suit. but once you leave the company that is different. wowawowa last time i heard ex. team xecuter had a few millions in the signle digits? i am sure you could make more money selling mod chips owning your own team than just some average joe at MS.

#7 VariableElite

VariableElite

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 06:17 AM

QUOTE(silentblackhat @ Nov 19 2005, 10:08 PM)
Concealing the group behind this, a developer has allready "hacked" the xbox. Of course the code didn't need to be cracked given that he has access to the development of the xbox360 code.  They are assembling a team to develop a chip that will be able to boot the xbox(project code name "hot box").  Unlike the origional XBOX, much more is needed than just a d0 wire to make the xbox 360 boot from the chip; giving other information away would give away how to mod the xbox 360.  This would be a mistake on my part by telling information how to given that there is alot of money to be made with the modification of the xbox 360.  More information will be given on this topic at a later time.  More time and development is needed before this new chip is ready to be produced.

View Post

Nice. No links, or any evidence of any sort to back up your claims. Plus, when the 360 is hacked, you get to come back and point out this post as an example of your prescience.

Here, let me try: a major Democratic or Republican will be elected president in 2008. I can't tell you who, though, because that would give away my sources and change the result of the election. rolleyes.gif

QUOTE(frOOt lOOps @ Nov 19 2005, 10:14 PM)

View Post

Two words: nondisclosure agreement. And here's what happened the last time a major MS employee left the campus for their competition: Clicky clicky. They would definitely not take what you're talking about sitting down, and they'd have the full force of the US Government in the form of industrial espionage laws on their side -- not an ideal foe for a company that's treading dangerously close to illegality to begin with.

#8 frOOt lOOps

frOOt lOOps

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 06:42 AM

QUOTE(VariableElite @ Nov 20 2005, 06:24 AM)
Nice. No links, or any evidence of any sort to back up your claims. Plus, when the 360 is hacked, you get to come back and point out this post as an example of your prescience.

Here, let me try: a major Democratic or Republican will be elected president in 2008. I can't tell you who, though, because that would give away my sources and change the result of the election.  rolleyes.gif
Two words: nondisclosure agreement. And here's what happened the last time a major MS employee left the campus for their competition: Clicky clicky. They would definitely not take what you're talking about sitting down, and they'd have the full force of the US Government in the form of industrial espionage laws on their side -- not an ideal foe for a company that's treading dangerously close to illegality to begin with.

View Post

oh god steve ballmer he will fuck you up. dont mess with steve. i dont see how they could stop someone from leaving unless when they signed the dotted line with MS and the agreement had details restricting what i said. but starting your own company would be different. and how they stop someone from leaving. dam these are XBOX's VIDEO GAME CONSOLES, not nuclear weapons. So maybee an employee who designed security on a xbox 360 could work underground with the help of another team like xecuter and the pay him for his services. what he said makes that this namless hacker had access to development of 360 security code probly an employee, but he has no back up or proof. it makes complete sense and is very probable. variable elite were you just joking around who can MS not let employees leave? WHAT is Steve Balmer gonna work up a sweat and run him down. tongue.gif

#9 SniperXx

SniperXx

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 20 November 2005 - 07:49 AM

Either way when a chip does come whenever that maybe I just hope it's not a 29 wire deal.

#10 Owtlaw333

Owtlaw333

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,203 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 10:00 AM

QUOTE(frOOt lOOps @ Nov 19 2005, 08:10 PM)
i am sure there is absolutely no way you work or make modchips for a team and work for microosft they could do somethingbad to you. absolutrly no way they would fire you or you could maybee get a alw suit. but once you leave the company that is different. wowawowa last time i heard ex. team xecuter had a few millions in the signle digits? i am sure you could make more money selling mod chips owning your own team than just some average joe at MS.

View Post

I still doubt any single person has made millions (or even a million) in the chip business. As a company maybe, but not an individual. (Meaning profits not spent on development and such)

And how would being a current employee be any different from being a former employee? You'd still have the same shit raining down on you.

Edited by Owtlaw333, 20 November 2005 - 10:03 AM.

#11 VariableElite

VariableElite

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 11:23 AM

QUOTE(frOOt lOOps @ Nov 19 2005, 11:49 PM)
oh god steve ballmer he will fuck you up. dont mess with steve. i dont see how they could stop someone from leaving unless when they signed the dotted line with MS and the agreement had details restricting what i said. but starting your own company would be different. and how they stop someone from leaving. dam these are XBOX's VIDEO GAME CONSOLES, not nuclear weapons. So maybee an employee who designed security on a  xbox 360 could work underground with the help of another team like xecuter and the pay him for his services. what he said makes that this namless hacker had access to development of 360 security code probly an employee, but he has no back up or proof. it makes complete sense and is very probable. variable elite were you just joking around who can MS not let employees leave? WHAT is Steve Balmer gonna work up a sweat and run him down.  tongue.gif

View Post

*sigh*

No, MS can't stop anybody from leaving. But they sure as hell can keep them from defecting to a modchip manufacturer, or any other field where their inside knowledge of MS's console design/manufacturing processes gives them an edge and could possibly cost MS money.

Do a search on Google for "non-disclosure agreement" and "no-compete clause." I will bet you a PlayStation 3 that anybody working at MS at a level sufficient to gain insight on the copy protection technology employed by the 360 has signed either/both. And not only will they (along with the US government) go after you, but they'll hit the company that hired you too.

I'd imagine that a lifetime of lawsuits and endless investigation/harasssment by one of the richest corporations in the world would be pretty trying. But, hey, it's only video games.

#12 ILLusions0fGrander

ILLusions0fGrander

third echelon agent

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 20 November 2005 - 11:54 AM

well.. maybe the guy would go to prison for 20 years "for the cause"

#13 Avenger 2.0

Avenger 2.0

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 03:00 PM

Me thinks this is bullshit...

#14 zilli0n

zilli0n

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 03:52 PM

In all honesty, I am not even worried about the 360 being 'hacked' or 'modified' at the moment. You can play Media the same way as XBMC (loosely) but you can do it. DVD Backups are playable on there too, this way I dont scratch up my originals tongue.gif And the biggest feat why I WOULD want the 360 modded would probably be for *nix OS on there. Emulation is great to, but beyond that I am satisfied with the console ATM. I have my other box to do the things I want on it and it works for now @ a price of $99 used. Cant beat that.

The bathroom XBOX is lethal, if you dont have one in there, consider it sometime beerchug.gif

#15 sick_mate_xbox

sick_mate_xbox

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts
  • Interests:-Skateboarding<br />-My VT Commodore<br />-Xbox Modding<br />-Rachael :)<br />-Snakes
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 20 November 2005 - 03:59 PM

QUOTE(zilli0n @ Nov 21 2005, 12:29 AM)
In all honesty, I am not even worried about the 360 being 'hacked' or 'modified' at the moment. You can play Media the same way as XBMC (loosely)

View Post

but can you run unsigned code on it? muhaha.gif... tongue.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users