Posted 24 November 2005 - 05:59 PM

beavis : theres always a catch heheh

#32 airmike532

airmike532

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 08:12 PM

QUOTE(deadparrot @ Nov 20 2005, 05:12 PM)
I'll say it again.  TweakNT should be able to convert your XP setup to a media centre edition without touching your documents or anything.

View Post

Do you have a link to tweaknt? I googled it and yahooed it and clicked endless links and I still cannot find it (just a bunch of dead links)

#33 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,198 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 25 November 2005 - 02:08 AM

QUOTE(airmike532 @ Nov 25 2005, 03:19 AM)
Do you have a link to tweaknt? I googled it and yahooed it and clicked endless links and I still cannot find it (just a bunch of dead links)

View Post

You're not going to find it out in the open. www.winbeta.org used to host it waaay back when, but you sure as hell aren't going to find it there anymore. laugh.gif

Yes, google will turn it up if you know how to search properly, but we won't be allowing links to it here.

It's considered warez due to the nature of it's functions.

Edited by Xombe, 25 November 2005 - 02:13 AM.

#34 BoomDivX

BoomDivX

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 November 2005 - 06:10 AM

Well, first of all, if you're going to use Windows Media Center 2005, you'll need the Update Rollup 2 for Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 available here. and the 360 update for media center here

2nd, even if you have the required codec on the PC, your Xbox 360 will not read DivX/Xvid files, I tried. Maybe I did something wrong, but only the WMV files are working (and I'm 99% sure I didn't do a mistake somewhere)

Edited by BoomDivX, 26 November 2005 - 06:12 AM.

#35 mike69

mike69

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 07:53 PM

i am having a difficult time upgrading my xp pro sp2 to media center.. i have media center 2005 (2 discs) i do the repair install , then i right click my computer and it still says xp pro sp2. i have tweaknt but i can only convert pro and home.. no media center.. is there another version where media center appears in tweaknt??

#36 goboom225

goboom225

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 01:48 AM

MCE is OEM only, i personally do have MCE only because i just bought a new computer. for people that dont know what OEM means.. basically.. manufactures only, you cant go buy the disc and upgrade.. which is why there are people making scripts and such to do so. Its a big marketing ploy because MCE isnt that great(its a nice idea and nice design.. but personally ive only used a few times.. just get a tivo) .. and companys werent putting it on their new machines.. but now there is a demand for it and in the long run MS is going to get money

http://www.MS.com/wi...de/default.mspx

^ my proof.. its dumb.. but im sure the windows vista is going to have media center built in

(avis do work for me.... but it lags.. horribly..it tries to play it like if you made the avi using Windows movie maker) mpgs/wmv do play fine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users