#1 jasonmvt

jasonmvt

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 17 April 2003 - 01:55 PM

user posted image

In the world of the trash-talking, loud mouth NBA player, this sad day has come. Jordan was the greatest player to ever grace the court. While many will criticize his last few years, you cannot deny the impact he has had on the sport, and the professionalism he carried with him. So long Michael, the game will miss you sad.gif

#2 Ace25

Ace25

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,759 posts
  • Interests:Modding anything I can...
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 17 April 2003 - 01:58 PM

QUOTE (jasonmvt @ Apr 17 2003, 06:55 AM)
So long Michael, the game will miss you sad.gif

This year.. until the $ starts to fade.. sorry, I think he is the best Basketball player ever.. but I HATE when players retire 4 or 5 times... How do you retire from a profession more than once? Sorry... Just a pet peeve of mine..

#3 froescheD

froescheD

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 17 April 2003 - 01:59 PM

i prefer others anyway

#4 slamer

slamer

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • Interests:BAAAH!
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 17 April 2003 - 02:01 PM

MAGIC JOHNSSON 4 life

#5 jasonmvt

jasonmvt

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 17 April 2003 - 02:02 PM

QUOTE (Ace25 @ Apr 17 2003, 09:58 AM)

This year.. until the $ starts to fade.. sorry, I think he is the best Basketball player ever.. but I HATE when players retire 4 or 5 times... How do you retire from a profession more than once? Sorry... Just a pet peeve of mine..

he's done for sure this time. Besides, no team had to take him back if they didn't want him biggrin.gif Think about something that has been your entire life, then the pressures on and off the court mount to a point where your fed up, so you quit. But it's in your blood and no matter what else you do, you cannot change that. He was still able to play at a professional level; not like his 'glory days' but still as good as, if not better, than the average player. The money will never fade away. Jordan is wealthy beyond any of our wildest dreams, and can surely find work off the court if need be.

#6 b0ink

b0ink

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 17 April 2003 - 03:15 PM

I'm not a basketball fan or anything... But didnt he already retire before? Please... let this be the last time. I'm getting sick of hearing about combacks.

Edited by b0ink, 17 April 2003 - 03:16 PM.

#7 Nox

Nox

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 April 2003 - 04:20 PM

Remember when he came back to the Bulls after the first retirement? Everyone said he was rusty and couldn't hack it in the NBA anymore.

Championship
Championship
Championship

When he came back the second time, for the Wizards, he told the media right off the bat that his role would be more of an educator than an impact player. He's true to his word. He still made an impact, but nothing like in the 90s. But then again, was he expected to? No matter how you slice it, Jordan is the greatest player ever. It's too bad that some critics focus on the fact that he wasn't as good in the later years, when that wasn't even his focus.

#8 switzch

switzch

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 17 April 2003 - 04:26 PM

shouldnt have come back as a player, the 3rd time.. he would have been better as an owner/ass. coach or something like that.

#9 Nox

Nox

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 April 2003 - 04:52 PM

QUOTE (switzch @ Apr 17 2003, 05:26 PM)
shouldnt have come back as a player, the 3rd time.. he would have been better as an owner/ass. coach or something like that.

He was an owner. You can't educate players as an owner. And he didn't want to coach. He still played great, so there's no point in why he shouldn't have come back the second time.

#10 DaGamePimp

DaGamePimp

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 17 April 2003 - 05:12 PM

MJ was a pure PRO on and off the court [ which is more than can be said for most ] but beyond that he had a talent like no other ... indeed the best ever !!!
sad.gif - he will be missed
--DGP--

#11 MartialXboxArtist

MartialXboxArtist

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 17 April 2003 - 06:06 PM

He surely will be missed. I'm yet to see a player that can play on a consistent level like he has. He just loves the game and he probably didn't care much about the money. He's one of the players that deserved it. I still think it's full of crap that players get paid hundreds of millions before they even play one minute of the PRO level.. ALL the players should only get paid like 100K a year for playing sports. Take the rest of the money and spread it out to the teachers that deserve it MORE.. wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users