which game is better?

single and multiplayer...

#2 Ozy

Ozy

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts
  • Interests:Gamming,<br />Women,<br />Films,<br />Fine Food,<br />Drinking With My Mates<br /> - Not In That Order.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 November 2005 - 09:38 PM

Two very different games, hard to compare but in general, cod2 single player, pd0 multiplayer.

#3 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 November 2005 - 10:28 PM

agree with ozy. comparing the two is pretty pointless, as one is a historical WWII shooter and the other is a futuristic psi-fi shooter. they both have different appealing features to many people. however as far as multi-player goes, even though both have been raved about, PDZ seems to be garnering higher praise then many other shooters.

#4 woofis

woofis

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 21 November 2005 - 10:30 PM

im haveing the same problom as you right now. idk witch 1 to get.. cod2 looks like a bettr game but 8 players on xbl and 16 on system link? WTF is that! the 32 player xbl is sucking me into pd0. but the graphics for pd0 just dont look good to me. at all as a matter of fact. idk what im getting. im so frusturated.

#5 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 10:38 PM

i already have CoD2 so my desicion came easy. i do want PDZ but that will come later. already have condemned and CoD2, getting PDZ would equal too many FPSs. it was easier for me because i dont play online deathmatch, the only multiplayer i really care for is co-op which is the real big draw for me on PDZ. to help, anyone that has reviewed and played CoD2 online said its a blast even with the low player limit. i think in the end it should help more if you know what your looking for in style as that is the biggest difference between them. one a war game the other a futursitic game. multiplayer will be fun on both IMO. atleast no matter what games you guys get, you will be set for single player as both games have been reviewed as great single player games.

Edited by KAGE360, 21 November 2005 - 10:39 PM.

#6 netfrost

netfrost

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Console Gaming, Table Top Miniature Games, WARMACHINE, cooking, weight lifting

Posted 21 November 2005 - 10:52 PM

Well I've played CoD2 and loved it, the bundle I ordered comes with PDZ and Kameo... so no real decision there... buy CoD2 biggrin.gif

#7 burnmaster

burnmaster

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 12:28 AM

does either game support split screen on xboxlive? 2 players on one xbox while playing on xbox live or system link?

my all time favorite multiplayer game is Halo, so which one plays closer to it?

#8 unclepauly

unclepauly

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 10:09 AM

pdz singleplayer ain't no slouch either. Looks to me it has a way larger variety in locales,weapons,gadgets,etc. I've heard there is parts that have a large amount of enemies onscreen too, small army size. Cod2 looks extremely solid though, so I guess it's up to preference.

#9 burnmaster

burnmaster

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 03:59 PM

does either game support split screen on xboxlive? 2 players on one xbox while playing on xbox live or system link?

#10 boxrocker

boxrocker

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 22 November 2005 - 04:57 PM

QUOTE(burnmaster @ Nov 22 2005, 10:06 AM)

View Post

That's a big thing I look for too. The wife and I play H2 split screen on live all the time. Finding a game that does that is hard.

#11 incognegro

incognegro

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,519 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 05:14 PM

Get PDZ then Get The PC version of CoD......PD has everything you need really

#12 burnmaster

burnmaster

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 04:29 AM

so PDZ does support splitscreen on Xboxlive and Systemlink?

#13 esc1

esc1

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 06:43 AM

QUOTE(Ozy @ Nov 21 2005, 03:45 PM)
Two very different games, hard to compare but in general, cod2 single player, pd0 multiplayer.

View Post

Best point.

#14 hamwbone

hamwbone

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 24 November 2005 - 10:04 AM

pd0, allows guests on live (split screen), COD2 does not..... im still bitter about that

#15 fezzman

fezzman

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 01:33 PM

I love a good shooter but I'm having a hard time liking PDZ online. The quickmatch option doesn't seem to work for everybody...connecting to games in general is just a pain.

More often than not I lose connection with the host before ever even getting in the pre-game lobby. I posted a thread about this on xbox.com and have found that I'm not alone with these problems. Hopefully a patch can fix this.

Online play, so far, seems to just be random shooting mayhem. Many of the maps funnel everyone into the same general area. It's not uncommon to find a section of the map with 20 people just turning in circles and shooting everything in sight. Not to mention that it can take up to 2 full clips to kill someone.

The gunshots are a constant thumping which gets annoying. Through my surround sound it sounds like some kid next door is learning how to play the drums. laugh.gif

I'm thinking I'm going to end up selling this one off. I keep trying to play it and keep quitting unsatisfied. I've not given up totally yet. I've yet to play with a group of friends. Hopefully once more of my friends get the game I'll end up liking it more.

I've not yet played COD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users