woofis

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 22 November 2005 - 11:15 PM

well any1 else have this game? and be honest... do you actually think its that good? i really dont think the graphics are much better than halo 2's then gameplay and fell for the game feels like those 007 games..... im very dissapointed. the game will be going back to the store and cod2 will be baught... share your ideas fellas.

#2 zilli0n

zilli0n

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 November 2005 - 11:40 PM

Being its a RARE Inc. product it will feel like Goldeneye as in the N64, where perfect dark originated from. It is a great game and to compare Halo 2 to it shouldnt even be done. If you know anything about textures you can clearly see the differance. It is a great game, the story isnt very compelling but I still like it.

If you were to compare multiplater vs Halo then I would probably shy to say it is funner online for deathmatch. But this is the first game that I know of that is Live Co-Op supported which is freakin sick, you can walk someone through a mission so on and so forth.

The problem is, your probably acustom to halo running around shooting people with SMGs and having your life refill every 10 seconds. Sorry but thats not how this game is meant to be played. Its nowhere stealth like as say Splinter Cell but this game is definatly worth it and worthy of a reason that M$ purchased Rare.

#3 fezzman

fezzman

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 12:44 AM

Doom 3 has live co-op.

I too am a tad disappointed in PDZ. The campaign seems solid enough but I found deathmatch to be a let-down. It reminds me of Soldier of Fortune II...the way you run around the maps.

Running up to someone just doesn't seem realistic and early Xbox gen.

I'm not totally dismissing this game yet though. I'm gonna give it a fair shot and put in a heafty bit of online play. Hopefully it will grow on me.

#4 melongstrike

melongstrike

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 408 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 23 November 2005 - 02:13 AM

It's funny you all seem so surprised the game is less than sub-par

#5 Kernal69er

Kernal69er

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 02:20 AM

I didn't buy this game (only COD2 which is awesome) But even Gamespot.com gave it the best rating of al xbox 360 games 9.0 and Gamespot is hard on the ratings...

anyway, if your not happy with it, PM me and I'll buy it off you

#6 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 23 November 2005 - 03:22 AM

I've been playing this game all day... the graphics are incredable...

maybe you need a new TV blink.gif

or maybe you need to understand the difference between good graphics and art direction.

#7 Carlo210

Carlo210

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,220 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 23 November 2005 - 03:50 AM

The gameplay seems lackluster, though. Kinda reminds me of TimeSplitters (essentially Goldeneye's gameplay). It just seems linear and repetitive in a sense. It also feels slow paced, being a run and gun/cover game (good mix?). Also, it doesn't seem as if there is much need to really move your crosshair around the screen or do anything twitch-related - just seems like a really monotoneous gameplay experience. TimeSplitters: FP was great for the first week, but it got old fast, and PD0 might be the same for me, which is why I'm skeptical of it.

Graphics are obvously top-notch, though.

#8 teknow

teknow

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 23 November 2005 - 04:43 AM

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Nov 22 2005, 10:29 PM)
I've been playing this game all day... the graphics are incredable...

maybe you need a new TV  blink.gif

or maybe you need to understand the difference between good graphics and art direction.

View Post

the graphics are fine I suppose... but the game play is lacking. I hate when I do what I know I shouldn't.

this game does highly dissapoint... I let all the hype get to me when I knew I should have purchased COD2... see I don't intend to buy 2 games at this time...

>>woofis<<
how do you get a store to take back open games? Please inform.

Edited by teknow, 23 November 2005 - 04:44 AM.

#9 brooksie48

brooksie48

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 04:52 AM

QUOTE(Carlo210 @ Nov 22 2005, 09:57 PM)
The gameplay seems lackluster, though. Kinda reminds me of TimeSplitters (essentially Goldeneye's gameplay). It just seems linear and repetitive in a sense. It also feels slow paced, being a run and gun/cover game (good mix?). Also, it doesn't seem as if there is much need to really move your crosshair around the screen or do anything twitch-related - just seems like a really monotoneous gameplay experience. TimeSplitters: FP was great for the first week, but it got old fast, and PD0 might be the same for me, which is why I'm skeptical of it.

Graphics are obvously top-notch, though.

View Post

Carlo, may I ask, do you have PD0?

#10 Carlo210

Carlo210

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,220 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 23 November 2005 - 04:56 AM

QUOTE(brooksie48 @ Nov 23 2005, 04:59 AM)
Carlo, may I ask, do you have PD0?

View Post

No, just going by what I've seen. I'm not at all judging M EXPERIENCE with the game, just how the gameplay is. Why? Was it accurate or not.
And to those who keep bashing the fact that I compare Timesplitters to PD0 need to understand that the designers who made goldeneye and PD made Timesplitters. Timesplitters is Goldeneye and PD gameplay, and so is PD0. From what I've seen, I haven't been proven wrong yet. timesplitters was an awesome game, but the gameplay mechanics and design gets old fast, which is how PD0 feels to me. There's not much action invlolved with how you move around and shoot the waves of enemies, so it seems.

#11 woofis

woofis

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 05:17 AM

i had a warrenty on it so i said it was broken and they gave me store credit... anyway idont need a new tv hence im playing on a 50 inch lcd sony wega. maybe its just me but the gameplay just isnt my style. felt to "robotic"?? if that even makes sence haha. anway i got call of duty witch i think is sick and alot better that pd0

#12 TracerX

TracerX

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 05:53 AM

Oh well, different strokes for different folks and all that. Personally, I know what you mean by the somewhat slow feeling gameplay however I loved Goldeneye and Perfect Dark so I feel fine with that gameplay style. Those looking for a halo-like experience will indeed be dissapointed (though I've only played solo and coop so deathmatch may be different). I definitely can't say anything bad about the graphics though. The game runs very smooth even with explosions going on and has high-detail textures in most places though a few still seem a bit bland.

#13 maxgeek

maxgeek

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 23 November 2005 - 06:11 AM

The graphics are good, but aren't great. The Single player is pretty good, but the multipler was a let down for the most part. However I gotta give them props for co-op mode over live. I wish more games had co-op modes.

#14 danmanstx

danmanstx

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 06:15 AM

i have both COD2 and PD0 and i think COD2 is amazing.. the singleplayer was/is awesome..(i chated with my friend using private chat as we both went through the campaign) i tried some PD0 but it was too slow and boring for my liking. Although PD0 is probably the prettiest game ive ever since... i was unable to really try the online becuase COD2 was sooo laggy and i couldnt find a single game for PD0?!?.. overall i recommend COd2. beerchug.gif

#15 unclepauly

unclepauly

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 06:22 AM

i was almost sold on pd0 cuz the reviewers were saying online has great potential, but now people are saying the online is sucky? Is this just preference or does it really suck? I'm buying my 360 on the next shipment which will be either friday or next week and i've been torn betwwen pd0 and cod2.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users