woofis

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 23 November 2005 - 05:13 AM

ok i returned pd0 cuz i think it sux and got cod2 witch is sick and awsome.... got a couple questions though.... why cant i hear ppl and why cant i talk using my mic? also is there no friends support in this? can you not send your friends a invite and play with them? any help will be appreciated.

#2 nectar12

nectar12

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 25 November 2005 - 11:54 PM

i cannot hear people in cod2 with the mic either.. i can voice chat in the dashboard, so the headset is ok..
anybody else not able to chat in cod2?
i think all the lobbies are radomly generated... i wasnt able to play with any of my friends via invite.

#3 Carlo210

Carlo210

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,220 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 26 November 2005 - 12:08 AM

Try changing your Xbox360's settings from "only hear friends mics' to'hear all mics'. I ehard this in the Xbox forums.

#4 sp3cialk

sp3cialk

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 November 2005 - 09:44 AM

Make sure you are on the games channel under private chat... I've been able to hear everyone on my team... can't say i've heard anyone when just playing a deathmatch....

as for playing with your friends they really messed up not having any sort of lobby... what we try to do is talk via private chat and get a system formulated... I'll join and while it's searching i'll be in the guide and send invites as soon as it allows me... most of the time this works.... otherwise they will try to join the session after the game starts and we usually have a system worked out to pick either the axis or the allies so we will be on the same team...

#5 zachg13

zachg13

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 06:24 PM

me and a friend were also confussed about how you cant run a split screen for XBL even if you have 2 accounts on one HD. i asked someone before a game started (because i dont know if you can talk during a game. [if you can, can someone please tell me how?]) and they said that they took it out to reduce lag. i have experienced minor lag while playing. does this game support clans? if not i think that the XBL feature for this game is purely recreational and if so thats a shame. cause this would be kick ass to play in organized teams. but who knows, maybe im just missing out on all the features. i think everyone should use the same XBL system that halo2 uses...very functional and easy.

#6 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 28 November 2005 - 06:44 PM

i believe that all the options for the game are randomly generated because one game i can hear my team while the next i cant. as for inviting friends you have to wait to be in a lobby or game with an open slot for them and while in your friends list dont click on the individual name and try to invite them that way, just highlight their name and press "X" and that will send out an invite.

i know the online options are pretty bare, but i keep in mind that its a launch title so it has its excuses. the online part is still surprisingly fun and addicting, its just not always so convenient.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users