• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ajcaraudio

ajcaraudio

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 April 2003 - 07:33 PM

I bought a cyclone and installed it. everything went well. Now i wanted to flash the bios with the new xecuter bios. So i tried to use evox to flash. didnt work just said erasing. then i soldered according to a tutorial to flash and wouldnt come on. So i contacted them to ask if there is anything i need to do. they emailed back and said they will send me one with the 4796.02 bios on it. I wanted to let others know just in case they actually do send one. But I would like to know if there is a way to do it.

#2 CrkaX13

CrkaX13

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 April 2003 - 12:37 PM

Just curious if you bought your Cyclone chip from a reseller or directly from the manufacturer. Have the same problem even after soldering the wire shown in the install diagram on X-S.

#3 ajcaraudio

ajcaraudio

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 April 2003 - 08:12 PM

bought it from the reteller. I was wondering if anyone knows what happens when you solder the two points, right above the square to solder the d0 wire, together. I have tried evox ozxflash and xflash to flash the bios but cant them to work.

#4 ajcaraudio

ajcaraudio

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 April 2003 - 06:20 PM

After trying almost everything i believe the chip cant be flashed. Everytime i ask the site they just talk about sending a new one. Just wanted to let everyone know what Ive tried. The pin that the xbox scene diagram tells to solder to I have pried it from the pin on the chip and i soldered a wire from the chip to the spot on the motherboard. It turned on but still no luck flashing. Then i read somewhere on this forum about pin 7 the the write enabled pin. it said that pin 7 and 8 need to be isolated from the others and need to be tied together. so i pried them apart and it still did not flash. Im pretty mad, because of the site lying. but last i talked to them they said they were working on a cyclone 2 so i guess they know something is wrong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users