heatrodyne

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 23 November 2005 - 09:55 AM

I am looking for a used/new premodded xbox that meets the following criteria:

1) Ability to play original games from hdd on xbox live.

2) Ability to play backup games on DVD.

3) Simple and easy instructions/interface.

I am new to the xbox scene however, I am familiar with backing up my PS2 games. I am interested in trying out an xbox for a change of pace. I am looking for a smoking deal as the 360 makes the xbox all but obsolete. I want to pay with a credit card to protect myself and the seller. I prefer Paypal, but any means that utilizies a secure credit card transaction will suffice. You being the seller will ship to my confirmed shipping address only and provide a tracking number, this way you will be protected as well as myself. I live in Phoenix, Arizona and will obviously be paying in USD. Legitimate offers only please.

#2 seriouslysilly

seriouslysilly

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 23 November 2005 - 01:44 PM

those requests are possible with the exception of #1.
an original disc is needed to play on xbox LIVE because you'll need to disable the chip otherwise you'll get banned

#3 heatrodyne

heatrodyne

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 06:06 PM

Thanks for the info. Does a xbox modchip boot in stealth mode when an original disc is inserted automatically? Or is that what that switch thingy I hear people talking about is for?

#4 STICKY_BUD

STICKY_BUD

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 23 November 2005 - 07:03 PM

unfortunatly, a modchip cannot automatically know when it has to disable itself because the xbox is either booting from the tsop rom(mobo bios) or from the lpc port(modchip bios).

all modchips being installed/sold in late 2005 can be disabled, but you must power on with it disabled to use xbox live just as you must power on with it enabled to play backups. either bios will play retail gamediscs.

there is no simple answer for how to disable a modchip though because different modchips require different steps to disable, but most modchips require some combination of pressing or holding the power/eject button to enable/disable itself... older chips require a switch on the d0 wire.

assuming you want an upgraded hd for backing up your games, i highly suggest you take a day or so to read as much as you can about the marriage theory as well as some of the security steps described in the pinned threads of the xbox live section here on x-s(ip port blocking, gt on memcard, etc) so you know more about using xbox live safely before you get banned and have to read it all as a requirement for getting back online.

Edited by STICKY_BUD, 23 November 2005 - 07:07 PM.

#5 revengeismyfury

revengeismyfury

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts
  • Interests:Halo 3 Live, Anime, XBMC.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 23 November 2005 - 08:45 PM

Hey man, I've got an xbox that meets your demands.

This xbox has a 200gb WD HDD/10gb Seagate hdd on it.
I currently have it up in the b/s/t.

This xbox has an upgraded samsung 616F dvd rom drive, that reads everything but, dvd+r. This dvd rom does read dvd+r when set to dvd-rom booktype. This is very easy to set in your computer for burning your backups. Upon receiving your xbox, I will give you very easy instructions, on how to set that in your computer. This will not affect how your dvd+r's are burned. This will only allow them to play in this xbox.

If you copy them for something else, they will work in about everything else, and probaly be more compatible with other electronics that don't read dvd+r's.

This xbox comes with a really good dashboard setup as well.
also comes with all the apps you need. If you want, I'll even throw new emulator apps on it.

The original part of this xbox is on the 10gb seagate hdd, which is set to only load original games. It woln't read anything modded on that hdd. So that means that you will never have to worry about getting banned from xbox live.

This also means you don't have to spend the countless hours reading about different xbox live ban theories on the xbox-scene forums. Because even if xbox live upgrades their security, this xbox will always work with xbox live and never get banned. Basically, this xbox is ban proof.

When on the 200gb hdd, you can run anything on it that your heart desires.

This xbox did use a hardmod but, I upgraded it to soft-mod. Why did I do that?
Let's see, before I would have to switch a switch in the back of my xbox, plug in controller, press pushbutton to switch hdds. Now it's, plug in controller, press pushbutton, and switch hdds. A much easier setup.

This setup also has xbox live blocking built into it. So when your on the 200gb hdd, and you accidentally try to log onto live, it will not let you log on.

You'll be surprised too, cause you need this feature. I on two occasions, have tried to log onto live on my modded setup. I never got banned, because of that great feature.

This xbox even has one heck of a cool paint job on it, with amazing lights, and a wicked dragon fan grill.

So, this xbox has everything you need. I'm asking 300$, that doesn't include the shipping and insurance. Shipping will be 16.00, with all the accesories. Insurance will be 7.80$. So unless someone else offers me more money, this looks like the xbox that's made for you. So this is a unique xbox.

Anyways heres a link to my thread, it even has good pictures. http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=462250

This xbox is so easy to use, a caveman could use it. I'll also send some simple instructions with this xbox.

I also prefer to use paypal. When this xbox is shipped, It will be shipped with insurance and a tracking number.

The tracking number will be sent to you in either a pm or email, that way you can monitor where it's at. This xbox will be shipped as fragile, to ensure that it gets over their safely.

Edited by revengeismyfury, 23 November 2005 - 08:55 PM.

#6 NYCXBOX

NYCXBOX

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 23 November 2005 - 11:40 PM

Like posted All is Possible except Number #1.

If you want to play on live you need an original disk and Chip OFF.

Everything else is easy.

Check my BST. Only a few above yours.

I have a bunch of Xbox's for sale.

I can do the folowing sized drives.
(original 8) 40 GIG, 200 GIG and 320 GIG.

I have Original Black Box, Crystal Box, and Cameleon Purple + a Special Edition Halo LE box with Ram Upgrade.

Prices are resonable and can work with you. Feel free to hit me up.

NYCXBOX

#7 BoNg420

BoNg420

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 24 November 2005 - 01:00 AM

$170 shipped
1.4 with samsung version b
stock hdd
hookups
no controller
xecuter 3 ce

add 320gb hdd $150

#8 revengeismyfury

revengeismyfury

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts
  • Interests:Halo 3 Live, Anime, XBMC.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 24 November 2005 - 01:05 AM

Yes that is true, but with 2 hardrives in one xbox, it's like having 2 xbox's in one. Like always, you have to have the original game discs, to play xbox live on the harddrive.

I think we can all aggree on that. Anyways enough said on xbl can and can't do.

#9 sp17f1r3

sp17f1r3

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 24 November 2005 - 04:35 AM

i might sell mine soon for money torwards a xbox 360...
SmartXX 2
120 gig hdd, 10 gig stock(XBL)
Samsung 606B
everything you will EVER need to get up and running on live!

#10 RaGe

RaGe

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 November 2005 - 08:13 AM

halo2
x3ce
x3cp
250gb hd

pm me in interested

#11 heatrodyne

heatrodyne

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 03:01 AM

Struck a deal the NYCXBOX. Smooth transaction and a very nice guy to deal with.

Thankyou to everyone who sent offers.

Heatrodyne

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users