4 replies to this topic

#1 mr.x

mr.x

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 04 September 2002 - 12:02 PM

I have heard you can flash the onboard BIOS with Messiah-X installed, but I cant find which wires that should be cuted to disable the chip while flashing, do anyone know?

And one more thing, if something goes wrong while flashing, can I just install the Messiah-X chip again and then my xbox boots up normaly from the chip, with other words, do Messiah-X fully replace the onboard BIOS?

#2 toibs

toibs

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 September 2002 - 01:33 AM

QUOTE (mr.x @ Sep 4 2002, 11:02 AM)

And one more thing, if something goes wrong while flashing, can I just install the Messiah-X chip again and then my xbox boots up normaly from the chip, with other words, do Messiah-X fully replace the onboard BIOS?

Thats quite an interesting question i wouldn't mind knowing... If the x-box's flash chip is dead/broken for any reason, would installing an openXbox or other type of mod get over the fact it wasn't there/working properly?? they do state that "the chip bypasses the on-board bios"....?????

#3 stiGGy

stiGGy

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 05 September 2002 - 05:27 PM

i herd that all chips replace the bios completely with the exeption of the enigmah chip which just patch's it, but dont hold me to that as i just herd it in a different discussion

#4 mr.x

mr.x

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 05 September 2002 - 08:05 PM

QUOTE (stiGGy @ Sep 5 2002, 04:27 PM)
i herd that all chips replace the bios completely with the exeption of the enigmah chip which just patch's it, but dont hold me to that as i just herd it in a different discussion

Ok, thanks anyway!

#5 echto

echto

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 September 2002 - 08:32 PM

I believe its wires 15 and 21 on the Enigmah.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users