InterestedHacker

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 10:24 AM

QUOTE(ensakamoto @ Dec 13 2005, 02:41 PM) View Post

right
im sorry again..im reading now the other forums..sorry this was really stupid from me.
go ahead and talk about your stuff...

ciao

Well,

If you come back at the end of the universe, I think we might have just about cracked the 2048 bit key, BUT, there will have been 5 trillion trillion trillion more models of XBOX since the XBOX 360, I believe the expected model for the end of the universe is due to be called 'XBOX Infinity', and it's possible that MS will ship it already containing Linux, so you may want to hold out for that model?

Seriously, how long is a piece of string? It's impossible to tell when, if at all >.<

#32 flbeserk

flbeserk

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 289 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 15 December 2005 - 01:37 AM

wells houldn't someone make a list somewhere of liek the tsop contents or what they hve found and know for sure isn't needed or we don't have to worry about. this could help us all focus on certain areas since we know alot of areas aren't used. liek the whole eeprom thing where you can remove it and the system does everything fine still.

#33 jameswalter

jameswalter

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,881 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 15 December 2005 - 01:59 AM

QUOTE(flbeserk @ Dec 14 2005, 04:44 PM) View Post

wells houldn't someone make a list somewhere of liek the tsop contents or what they hve found and know for sure isn't needed or we don't have to worry about. this could help us all focus on certain areas since we know alot of areas aren't used. liek the whole eeprom thing where you can remove it and the system does everything fine still.

You mean like Free60?

#34 Ballebek

Ballebek

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 08:12 PM

QUOTE(flashfreak @ Dec 14 2005, 04:02 AM) View Post

I'd help but im in australia and we don't get em till march (im confirmed a pre-order)

Say WHAT!!!

Is the system over there PAL and 230Volt ?
Then maybe get it from Europe or something ?
I have 3 XboX 360 over here; 1 is my Media Center Extender on the 45" LCD, one is now in the hospital with a friend (chained on the bed, not she but the xbox wink.gif) and 1 is for trying to mod.
A friend of my is smart as Einstein working with electronics and computers so maybe he will do the job!

Edited by Ballebek, 15 December 2005 - 08:12 PM.

#35 sentinel0

sentinel0

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 15 December 2005 - 08:18 PM

can this thread be closed it's way OT any mods around

#36 mirx999

mirx999

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 06:06 PM

I'll try to get this thread back on track....

Has anybody been able to remove the TSOP, extract the image from it, and put it on a blank equivalent chip? If that doesn't work, it'll pretty much prove that the data on the TSOP is in fact encrypted. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if there were just two different TSOP revisions that aren't compatible with each other.

#37 sentinel0

sentinel0

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 20 December 2005 - 01:02 PM

This guy removed the TSOP couldn't read the image from it because it was encrypted http://www.darkmoon....x360_photos.htm

#38 mirx999

mirx999

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 07:56 AM

QUOTE(sentinel0 @ Dec 20 2005, 07:09 AM) View Post

This guy removed the TSOP couldn't read the image from it because it was encrypted http://www.darkmoon....x360_photos.htm

Yeah I've seen that...It doesn't mention that he can't read the TSOP (he was trying to read the EEPROM next to the CPU heatsink and failed, afaik, but he didn't try reading the TSOP). He tried to swap two TSOP's out, but failed. It seemed that he jumped to the different key conclusion pretty quickly. I think if he can do a bit-for-bit copy of the TSOP to another chip, he might be able to get it to boot. If that fails, it'll be actual conclusive evidence of an individually-encrypted TSOP.

#39 shorty7

shorty7

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 03:21 AM

Yeah I dont know much about decrypting TSOP's... But I think this kiosk disk is very promising, mabey if we can get some people to start writing some AS that can help grab some xbox info. Mabey there is some exploitable flash that can help us to get info to decrypt the TSOP?

#40 monkeychris

monkeychris

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 04:46 AM

why do you all think its \bout the bloody tsop?

just cus it worked on the xbox 1 after a long bloody while....

i was quite happy flashing my own bios in by a certain someone on the board tongue.gif

the tsop if avaiable on 360 will be well defended cus of the xbox 1 type attacks, so we prob need a different root...

personally i think a firmware change on the dirve would be nice, but prob wont work....

but a module surely that went between the drive and the 360 could tell it everything was fine (with hacked drive firmware) and could boot anything ? wouldnt be to hard, prob could knock somethin up on a PIC if someone did the dvd firmware before hand, but thats def not my field.. biggrin.gif

prob only a few bits to unlock the drive to read xbox360 booktype, and then module to change dvdr booktype to xbox360 booktype for hypervisor or whoever checks (maybe its bill himself)

poss even do this firmware, maybe hypervisor can check tho, so module could hold a replica of original fireware...

hmmmmmmmmmm

prob could run unsigned tho still... may work for warez kiddies tho (scum of scene)

#41 shorty7

shorty7

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 03:50 AM

why do you all think its \bout the bloody tsop?

Because the bios information is on the tsop... "No bios information = No Modchip". SO before you start freaking out about how the tsop isnt what we should be concentrating on... read a little about modding...

#42 genecyber

genecyber

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 06:31 AM

OK I have not had much time to to more testing with the 360 itself, but did have some success pulling information from the xbox itself.

I was able to get a digital clock action script to work that updates in real time. There is probably much more information available, but am lacking real time peers to debug with.

What is needed now is a way to initialize the xpad for input, that way a dev can have a menu system of sorts with the ability of selecting between multiple tests instead of using 1cdr per test. Imput will also allow amature game developers to make 360 compatable games.

*EDIT*
Wow Can you tell I've been celebrating ;! Happy New Yrs

Edited by genecyber, 01 January 2006 - 06:54 AM.

#43 shorty7

shorty7

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 08:30 PM

Thats good to know. I can help out but I dont have a dvd burner, if someone stripped down the disk and gave me the barebone version, because i dont want to transfer 4.2 gigs. I could do some testing of my own. PM me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users