• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 yiterp

yiterp

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 08:47 PM

Listen there is a condensation problem with the 360 they say when you get it home take it out of its packaging and let it sit not pluged in for 1 to 2 hours this will allow the built up condensation to go away and you should be fine.
Plus the dang thing heats up so you will have to give it a break and turn it off more often than the old one.
Remeber all new items that are fresh outa the gate have bugs Im sure they will remedy there problems we will all just have to be patient.
And to all the ps2 lovers (i have one also) Remeber the first ps2 they sucked the trays stuck they crashed they were horrible untill they came out with the improved thinner model And yes the PS3 WILL HAVE BUGS!!!

#2 jderm

jderm

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 25 November 2005 - 01:25 AM

thx, you give a good point

#3 fezzman

fezzman

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 12:58 PM

Mine has locked up 3 times now. I presume it is from the heat. My 360 is on a shelf with open sides, front, and back so being confined is not an issue. Here are some things I noted:

- When it overheats and locks up it won't play 360 games until it cools back down.

- When it locks up and I remove the disc, it is very warm to the touch. Perhaps it is the DVD drive that is overheating.

- There are vent holes on the bottom of the unit. Pehaps the 'feet' are not tall enough to allow good circulation. I'm currently testing my 360 with a dvd case under the center of my 360...to allow better air flow to the vents.

#4 kaz786

kaz786

X-S Member

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 107 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 25 November 2005 - 01:16 PM

Where did you get your information from about the condensation?

#5 acemilo

acemilo

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,828 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 25 November 2005 - 07:35 PM

QUOTE(kaz786 @ Nov 25 2005, 01:23 PM) View Post

Where did you get your information from about the condensation?

His ass smile.gif

#6 HMAWL411

HMAWL411

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 428 posts
  • Interests:Xbox,Cars, and Guns
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 25 November 2005 - 11:29 PM

LMFAO tongue.gif

#7 sonnyb123

sonnyb123

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Interests:Xbox 360, 3D Moddeling, Training, General Gaming, Programming.
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 27 November 2005 - 04:27 PM

Is this problem with freezing occuring on the core system also?

If not I would put my bets on it being the Hdd as this is the same problem I have had with previous xbox's with cheap/dodgy hdd's.

#8 Snowboard8422

Snowboard8422

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 27 November 2005 - 07:07 PM

I think the main problem is with the giant power supply overheating.........

#9 Staple

Staple

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 27 November 2005 - 11:41 PM

leave it to MS to let its consumers do the beta testing... ph34r.gif

#10 skuzzman

skuzzman

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 02:27 AM

As for the guy saying the slimline PS2 is better, i hear quite the contrary. I hear that they freeze up after 2-3 hours of continuous play. I can play my 360 for hours on end and it does not lock up at all. I am wondering however if it is not the HDD that is blocking one of the air vents restricting circulation.

#11 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 28 November 2005 - 10:21 AM

His ass

If you have never heard of this just say so, there is no shame in it.
I doubt its the problem with these consoles but any electronic item containg mechanisms such as DVD drives etc should, after being brought from a cold location (Boot of the car etc), be left to stand to attain room temperature before being plugged in to the power. Condensation can cause many problems.
In fact when we deliver repaired goods back the engineers here all carry hair dryers to speed this process up.
The condensation thing is well known and common sense but I doubt it is casuing the problems with these boxes, as it would have more effect on the media drives.

#12 Naquadah

Naquadah

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 28 November 2005 - 01:14 PM

QUOTE(skuzzman @ Nov 28 2005, 01:34 AM) View Post

As for the guy saying the slimline PS2 is better, i hear quite the contrary. I hear that they freeze up after 2-3 hours of continuous play. I can play my 360 for hours on end and it does not lock up at all. I am wondering however if it is not the HDD that is blocking one of the air vents restricting circulation.

iv had 8 hour sessions of san andreas on my slimline... its never frozen ever... gets a bit warm on the side just above the cpu, but appart from that.. nothing.

after seeing all this stuff about 360, its out here on Dec 2nd, i feel really worried im gonna get a messed up 1 that freezes, things always go wrong for me lol, the condensation thing seems legit enough for me to leave it for an hour, but peeps say all this about make sure the power brick has ventilation and isnt on a carpet, the point is its kinda stupid that we have to do that, i mean my PStwo and GC power bricks have been on my carpet under a shelf since i got them, and they never get warm or mess up.
if MS used good quality parts on not cheap crap maybe there would be no problems, they shudda given it a 400watt psu same as a pc one with a proper fan, they cost like 5 lol, and most modern psu's are silent, i bet things wouldda been ok then laugh.gif unsure.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users