• Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 24 November 2005 - 08:55 PM

Alright, once again I have a prob with my xbox. Here are the stats:

X3CE chip
X3 Bios
Evox 3935 Dash
250gb HD

Anywayz, I was on www.gtaxboxmods.com and deicided I was going to fix up GTA SA to make the game even better. Well I finished and the game would freeze at the loading screen. So I went back to the site read a few things and deleted drives X, Y and Z. Xbox still loaded fine but it didn';t fix the game problems. So I deleted the files I messed with in the game and FTPd the original untouched files back over so I could at least play the game normally. After that I turned off the Xbox and restarted and it loaded up with the animation and then the X appears on screen but the Xecuter banner does not show below it and after about 30-40secs it goes to a screen that says Error Code 07 and a list of the codes and what type of problem it is.

I also started the Xbox to goto MS Dash but it did the same thing. So I tried to load the modchip and it won't even let me get into the BIOS. I then took out my HD and put in my friends HD that I have been setting up and it even does the same (all the above) and I know there is nothing wrong with this drive. Do you know of anyway to fix this problem? My Xbox has now become useless and I am going to go nutz!!! Please HELP!!!!!!!!!

#2 TonyF11

TonyF11

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 371 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 November 2005 - 09:02 PM

This is a hard drive error. Your hard drive has died probably. HDDs do break. Maybe you need to replace especially if u get the same ERROR 7 in another Xbox.

#3 SinnfulDayz

SinnfulDayz

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 09:07 PM

I didn;t use another Xbox, I used another HD in my Xbox and gives me the same problem. And I don't think my HD took a crap. It's practicaly new and Ive been around computers my whole life and have never had an HD go down. There's got to be something else to it.

#4 Epaige

Epaige

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 24 November 2005 - 09:15 PM

well maybe your ide ribbon came loose at the motherboard..Your problem is weird I realize you deleted game files but that shouldnt effect your xboxs boot up..I wish I could be more helpful but like i said the only thing besides your hd could be the ribbon...But still weird...

#5 SinnfulDayz

SinnfulDayz

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 09:37 PM

Thank for your help and advice. I check the IDE connection at the motherboard, took it out and tried again but it didn't work. I then thought of disconnecting the xtra fan I have connected to the power supply that then connects to the HD. And BINGO! The Xbo now loads like nothing ever happaned. I decided to post this rather than delete just incase somone else my have the same type of issue. Thanks again!!!

~GAME ON~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users