PimpleX

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 24 November 2005 - 11:31 PM

I've got a 1.6 mobo that had no AV socket when i got with it so i fitted a composite cable to the pin holes and got very fuzzy black and white video...

Today I took that off and fitted an S-VHS cable and now have nice sharp black and white video.

I then fitted a mod chip and checked the eeprom and it's PAL and has no problems, changed region to NTSC and back and it's still black and white. (My TV can display NTSC anyway without issue, but thought it worth making sure)

I found a solder splash and removed that, tidied up the resistors near the AV socket (some where missing and my replacements were a bit wonky) replaced the crystal near the video chip all made no difference.

Is this likely a duff video chip or something else causing a B&W image as I don't want to attempt the chip until I'm a bit more sure that's what it is?

Cheers,

PimpleX

Edited by PimpleX, 24 November 2005 - 11:32 PM.

#2 PimpleX

PimpleX

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 01 December 2005 - 01:31 PM

Fixed it!!

I decided to poke around with a finger on the mobo near the AV socket with it on and what do you know colour!! Turned out to to be the L4A3 R27J resistor (may not be a resistor not sure) not making good contact. This was one I'd not touched at all, so i guess it pays to resolder them all close to damge, instead of just the ones missing or hanging off LOL

Anyway for future reference the larger resistors (or whatever they are) and particularly the middle one next to the AV can be known to give a black and white image problem if they have poor contact.

Cheers,

PimpleX

Edited by PimpleX, 01 December 2005 - 01:32 PM.

#3 kidkinetix

kidkinetix

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 March 2006 - 06:36 PM

Thanks man, i'll have a look at mine when i get home. This makes sense why my 360 is rebooting, a bad contact makes the box think there is no A/V cable connected.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users