• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ozy

Ozy

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts
  • Interests:Gamming,<br />Women,<br />Films,<br />Fine Food,<br />Drinking With My Mates<br /> - Not In That Order.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 25 November 2005 - 03:48 PM

Ok, some are bound to be hardware failures, it's very complex tech.

But what are all the lists of problems?

Atifacts, error screens, over heating, slowdown on emulation, what?

Does anyone have a list of all the errors?

Cheers.

Also does anyone know why the beer emoicon isn't set as default anymore?

#2 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 25 November 2005 - 04:18 PM

your very right in the fact that there will be faulty hardware just like any previous system launch and with more complex hardware we may see a slight higher percentage. however i think that majority of the people who are having problems with their systems are properly ventilating their system and power supply. they may have a good spot for the 360 but no realize that the power supply has vents and a fan as well and needs to be put in an open area as well and not just crammed behind a TV or dug in the carpet.

the issues that i have read so far are heating issues, system locking up, and an internal error message while the ring of light turns red.

the only issue i have come across so far is with condemned, i had two saved games, however after showing a friend the beginning the game would freeze up when i tried to load one of my saved games. i think it may be a bug with the actual game and not the system however because i was able to play from the beginning without a problem. other then that i have played the system for hours straight with no issues what so ever. after 8 hours of playing only near the back where the duel exhaust fans are was the system only a little bit warm, overal it says cooler then many previous systems i have owned.

#3 Ozy

Ozy

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts
  • Interests:Gamming,<br />Women,<br />Films,<br />Fine Food,<br />Drinking With My Mates<br /> - Not In That Order.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 25 November 2005 - 04:20 PM

Hope mine is well ventaliated then. I have a whole shelf waiting for it, glass as well to absorb the heat. Don't know what to do with the brick though.

#4 shooptek

shooptek

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 489 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 25 November 2005 - 05:53 PM

I read an article from another post that said to hang the power source (aka brick) by a string, or suspend it across something so that there is really good air flow all the way around, and that helps keep from over-heating.

#5 eversio11

eversio11

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 25 November 2005 - 06:50 PM

Jesus christ people, I'd say 95% of the 3 red light problems are NOT overheating related. At least, not the user's fault. It's a serious defect in either the power supply or the Xbox that needs to be fixed. I had my Xbox on a dedicated rack with the power supply sitting about 5 inches next to it.

I shouldn't have to dangle my power supply from a f--king string to get it to work, seriously that's the most ridiculous idea I have ever heard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users