• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 EthanDM

EthanDM

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 07:13 PM

As you can see from the title, I am having some problems with my new Xbox 360. It crashes often, a few times a day. It freezes a few times a day too. It also scratches some of my disks. It has scratched my Halo 2 disk so much that now it cannot even read it. It has a thick deep circular scratch around the disk. If anyone else has this problem let me know... If there's anything I can do about this let me know.

-- I also think it's unfair if MS will not replace my Halo 2 disk, would they?

#2 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 25 November 2005 - 08:17 PM

where do you have your console? uhh.gif

#3 Xeriak

Xeriak

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 25 November 2005 - 08:21 PM

i can only imagine discs getting scratched if your Xbox 360 is vertical on an unstable foundation were it can wiggle or something(or someone touched/bumped the 360 while the disc was being read), hence getting the disc scratched up inside the drive tray while the disc is spinning at high velocity.

At any rate.. your problems with your 360 sound downright nasty... =/
Sorry to say...

I guess I'm one of the many fortunate people who've got a good Xbox 360.

#4 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 08:39 PM

im sorry your having so much trouble too. try placing your 360 and power supply in the open on a clean flat surface and see if that doesnt help. some of that stuff can be overheating related so maybe it could be where your system and power supply are placed.

#5 Ozy

Ozy

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts
  • Interests:Gamming,<br />Women,<br />Films,<br />Fine Food,<br />Drinking With My Mates<br /> - Not In That Order.
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 25 November 2005 - 08:41 PM

QUOTE(KAGE360 @ Nov 25 2005, 07:46 PM) View Post

im sorry your having so much trouble too. try placing your 360 and power supply in the open on a clean flat surface and see if that doesnt help. some of that stuff can be overheating related so maybe it could be where your system and power supply are placed.

How does the heat affect his discs?

I recon it it either the xbox not on a flat surface, hence the scratching.

Or the DVD drive is faulty, scratching the disc and therefore not reading it.

#6 ohm2k4

ohm2k4

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 10:36 PM

hey, i am having the same exact problem. I got a copy of nba 2k6 and was playing it for a while, and after a couple hours and reboots etc, the game is scratched like you said, with a thick circular scratch on it. After i realized that scratch, the game didn't work at all and i went back and exchanged it for a new one. Now, the same game has gotten scratched again except it's even worse this time with like 5 or 6 thick circular scratches near the edges each about half a centimeter long. At this point, the game still plays but cannot get through an entire game without crashing and telling me that the disc is scratched. The weird part is that none of my other games (pdz and pgr3) have these scratches on them...

anyway, i am really angry with everything right now as anyone can imagine...and yes the 360 is on a flat smooth surface and everything and it is sitting horizontal...

having waited 9 hours in the cold rain to get it, i am pissed.

paul

#7 main_element

main_element

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 12:00 AM

you guys should probably call MS tech support.

#8 Skyblast

Skyblast

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Interests:anime, jpop, video games, technology, movies. basically anything that won't get me laid ;)
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 November 2005 - 12:34 AM

Woops, reply in the wrong thread. Stupid tabbed browsing has spoiled me way too much.

Sucks to hear your 360 is doing that though. Just make sure it's on a flat surface like previous posters suggested.

Edited by Skyblast, 26 November 2005 - 12:35 AM.

#9 ohm2k4

ohm2k4

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 01:57 AM

i called tech support and they said that i can send the 360 to them and they will send it back within 3 business days with it fixed....yet they said that they will have to find out first whether it is actually the xbox that is scratching the discs which i am sure that it is because i have been taking perfect care of the games. i'm not sure if i should send it though cause they'll probably just say that it's fine and i'll just lose a couple days of playtime... except they didn't say anything about covering the game that is now broken thanks to the super xbox 360

should i send it back or just hope is doesn't do it again? who knows...

#10 EthanDM

EthanDM

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 01:58 AM

Right now my Xbox 360 is standing verticle, in an area where it can stand sturdy and get enough air. Considering ohm2k4 is having the same problem, but his Xbox 360 is standing horizontal, it seems it has nothing to do with that. It must be a defect in some Xbox 360's... I am really pissed off right now. It is now unusable because I don't want any other of my games to become scratched up to the point where they cannot be read.

Edited by EthanDM, 26 November 2005 - 02:02 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users