X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 November 2005 - 06:20 AM

PD0 is pretty lame so far.
i played some live last night and it was ok but very slow and alkward.
i cant help but thik al the characters look and act and talk like the THUNDER BIRDS!
or what ever that old tv show was...
its just lame thye even die as if you took a toy and threw it to the ground.

it just doesn seem like its as polishedas it could be aside from all the textures...those are over polished...

anyone else upset by their purchace?

#2 Himura

Himura

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 06:30 AM

I love it... love.gif

#3 brooksie48

brooksie48

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 November 2005 - 06:34 AM

same here love.gif

#4 JMan8108

JMan8108

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 487 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 26 November 2005 - 07:16 AM

I couldnt be happier with my purchase. Honestly, I think halo's reign as xbox's seller FPS has ended. This game is amazing and so in depth. The graphics are great. The Live is sooo fun with all those people instead of just 8 in matchmaking.

#5 sp3cialk

sp3cialk

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 09:35 AM

I can't complain.. it's a different game than what you are prolly used to... give it a chance...

if you want a more fast paced FPS try Quake... I picked it up tonight and love it... brings back my old PC gaming days...

#6 lowendfrequency

lowendfrequency

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 26 November 2005 - 04:25 PM

I wasn't particularly excited for this game when I bought it. I purchased it mostly for something that would be fun to play multiplayer with all my friends that wanted to experience the 360. But now that I've been playing the game for a bit I have to say it's one of my favorite FPS of all time. I was always a goldeneye fan so I really enjoy the controls and speed of the game. The graphics are damn nice, particularly the textures... the weapons are excellent... the sound is killer... the levels are well desiged... It's just an all around good game.

While some may dislike it, I can only see it as being a matter of preference, I don't think anyone can argue that it isn't a quality game.

#7 uppityox

uppityox

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 04:37 PM

i have the game and all i just cant find a 360 but toysrus and sams will be getting some very soon

#8 Kernal69er

Kernal69er

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 07:45 PM

Just bought the game yesterday and I LOVE it too, I alos got COD2 (which I like better for campaign) but for multi-plater PDZ all the way. This game will be played for years to come

Great game, you may have hyped yourself up too much that you were disappointed

#9 MadEx

MadEx

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 27 November 2005 - 12:47 AM

I was upset.

I picked it up, took it home and all together played about 4 levels of it. Once I got to the ice-monk-temple level I had enough and moved on to PGR3.

Next day I returned it and got store credit (which I'm putting towards CoD2 once they get it in again).

#10 woofis

woofis

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 November 2005 - 12:56 AM

i also started a thread bout this... i think the game sux to tell you the truth. i was a halo player and maybe thats why it hink its sucks but idk. the gameplay just didnt click for me. i returned it and got cod2 wich kicks ass.

#11 samson101

samson101

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 01:25 AM

How and where are you guys returning this game for those that have? I was under the impression that most places didnt allow this, unless damaged, and in that case only allowed an even exchange for the same title? Just curious as I would like to do this as well. Thanks

#12 MadEx

MadEx

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 27 November 2005 - 02:22 AM

I bought and returned to EB Games. The guy said normally they wouldn't but he made an exception for me.

If that didn't work I would have sold it on ebay, which I'm sure would have returned around 90% of the purchase price.

#13 esc1

esc1

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 02:32 AM

It's fun, but I don't think it can knock Halo 2 off the top spot honestly unless the probs with H2 are not fixed soon. We will see.

#14 Superchunk

Superchunk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 03:29 AM

I have been feeling the same thing. I have the game on order but won't come for 6-8 weeks (free offer, so no complaints) so I rented it today. I jumped into mulitplayer and...it was very strange. Everything felt strange. the movement, the fact that one bullet to the head kills but I put 1.5 clips into an AFK player from a rifle before they died. Everything seems just off somehow.

I'll give it more of a chance, but my first impression was pretty negative, the MP feels like some strange cross between a slower hide-and-shoot game and all-out deathmatch ie Quake, which isn't bad in theory but it seems hard to get used to.

I'll give it a good session and then decide if I'll be just selling it once it comes without opening it.

So far, I'm pretty damn dissapointed in the launch titles I've tried. Live 2006 is an improvement gameplay wise over the xbox version, but they took out so much stuff that there is no way I'm shelling out $70 for it. PGR3 was very underwhelming for me. CoD2 is awesome in all respects.

#15 Afroman

Afroman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 08:41 AM

I bought it 2 days before i got my box, because like some one else said, "i thought it would be fun on live.."

wrong. it felt clunky and stiff. the weapons are very unbalenced. But to each his own.. that my option.

I returned it to fry's by saying it was defective game, then took the shrink wrapped one to circuit city for a no questions asked stroe credit, picked up PGR3 and a 1600 credit card. COD2 is way better happy.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users