• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 zackbe

zackbe

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 05:35 AM

Ok im looking how to remove the softmod. I dont know what type of version of unleash x thing is. This is where i learned how to softmod http://www.techfreak...s/modxbox.shtml . I did everything on there that it said to do but i dont know how to remove the softmod.

#2 Alex548

Alex548

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,412 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 November 2005 - 07:01 AM

Apparently, you used SID 2.0.

Did you happen to make a backup of your M$ dash like you were supposed to (there was an option for that in the SID menu)? If you did, then just turn on your xbox with the DVD tray open (press eject). You will see the SID install menu. From here just select "restore m$ dash" and you're done.

This does not restore your hdd to factory because the files will still be on there, but it "unmods" your xbox so it doesn't load the softmod when you turn it on.

#3 zackbe

zackbe

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 06:24 PM

The only thing i did was what they said in that tut on that website. I did create the ms backup. Also i tried that out and it didnt bring me to the SID install menu.

#4 zackbe

zackbe

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 07:49 PM

Ok sorry about the other post i got to the SID menu and i restored the ms backup but it still takes me to the unleash x dash do i need to do any other thing thatn restore the ms backup.

#5 kj5200

kj5200

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 November 2005 - 10:44 PM

I have a softmod that works great for me so I haven't had to un-install it yet. So I don't have a lot to offer about removing it except that xbox-scene has a lot of tuts. If you look through those you should find what you need.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users