Photo

Audio Switch Boxes Not Working With 360?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 synbios1978

synbios1978

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 06:00 PM

I have a set of Logitech Z-5500 (I think) speakers attached to my computer. (They have optical audio in at any rate). I also have a Recoton ADS1000 (cheap optical audio switch box). I have my computer going through it with no problems, my original xbox and ps2 can go through it with no problems, but the 360 will not send sound through it. I can plug the 360 directly into the speakers and it sounds great, but for some reason it will not work with the switch box. I don't have another switchbox here to test out if it would work with another one or not. If anyone can tell me if there's something else I can try or if someone else has it running through a switch box, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Synbios1978

#2 DugFreez

DugFreez

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 07:17 PM

QUOTE(synbios1978 @ Nov 27 2005, 06:07 PM) View Post

I have a set of Logitech Z-5500 (I think) speakers attached to my computer. (They have optical audio in at any rate). I also have a Recoton ADS1000 (cheap optical audio switch box). I have my computer going through it with no problems, my original xbox and ps2 can go through it with no problems, but the 360 will not send sound through it. I can plug the 360 directly into the speakers and it sounds great, but for some reason it will not work with the switch box. I don't have another switchbox here to test out if it would work with another one or not. If anyone can tell me if there's something else I can try or if someone else has it running through a switch box, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Synbios1978

I had the same switcher...I started having trouble with my PS2 audio cutting out, If I unhooked and rehooked the cable it would work again for a little while, but then it would act up again. My best guess in the connections on the switcher go bad, or they are very pick on how well they need to be connected. It might have to do with those funky tips you have to put on the cables.

The moral of the story is the Recoton ADS1000 sux arse and was good for a cheap switcher when other switchers were very expensive. Now I'm sure there are better alternatives.

PS: I have my 360 digital audio as well as it's network cable running through a Pelican PL-960 System Selector Pro...no problems.

#3 synbios1978

synbios1978

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 07:45 PM

Sounds good to me. I know it's not a bad port, because I can plug something else into it and it works fine, and I know it's not the cable, because bypassing the switch works fine. I'm going to pick up the switch box locally. Thanks for the recommendation and I'll let you know if it works!!

Thanks,

-Synbios1978

#4 synbios1978

synbios1978

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 12:47 AM

Thanks DugFreez,

I just got a System Selector Pro, and it's working great!!!

Thanks again for the recommendation!!!!

-Synbios1978

#5 DugFreez

DugFreez

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 08:30 AM

QUOTE(synbios1978 @ Nov 28 2005, 12:54 AM) View Post

Thanks DugFreez,

I just got a System Selector Pro, and it's working great!!!

Thanks again for the recommendation!!!!

-Synbios1978

I've been using mine for about a year now. I haven't found any other switchers that do that many types of video inputs, along with digital audio and network switching. I'm glad you're happy ditching your old switcher.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users