LESTAT

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 November 2005 - 06:39 PM

well i finally got myself out of the house and down to walmart and saw the 360 in motion.

COD2, Kameo, and pgr3 video ....

ok so when am i supposed to be impressed with this thing ? they had it running on a HD LCD
COD looked OK but that is absolutely it OK. believe me my AMD64 with a 6800 GT crushes the visuals of that thing. even running NON HD it looks better on my system.

PGR 3 ? ok so what again when do i get impressed
kameo - ok good looking but not 3 cpu's and an x1800 video chip GOOD,

seriously when do i start being impressed with this console cuz frankly i have seen no video or otherwise yet that makes me look at it in awe and want to buy one ?

frankly ill let all you kiddies act like retards and wait in line and spend 3x's the retail cost on ebay for one. thats just stupid and those sellers should be brought up on charges of scalping cuz thats exactly what it is. scalping. which is illegal in the usa.

anywho ,,, anyone looking at this and asking themselves "so when do i start being impressed?"

#2 Eagle5469

Eagle5469

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 07:27 PM

ok so let me ask you.. How much did you spend on that 3 CPU's and x1800 video chip?

The average consumer does not have alot of computer knowledge to build something like that, and its very hard to buy something like that from dell or gateway or even bestbuy. (Unless your looking at servers) Anyways as a cheaper alternative the Xbox360 is probably a good deal, Definetly not 1500 ebay "deals", but it will be a good deal after christmas when the price comes down.

Nate

#3 LESTAT

LESTAT

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 27 November 2005 - 07:45 PM

its absolutely not about the cost of the unit via retail.
but when someone takes a retail item and tries to make money from it capitolizing on someones misfortune that is friggin wrong.

those are the type of people who will, when the day comes, in the much distant future be sitting around charging 20 bucks for a gallon of gas or 20 bucks for a drink of freash water. its immoral and illegal.

anywho..

the issue is... i walk into the store look at this thing and ask myself ok sooooo...... this is it ? this right here is it ? your kidding right ? all the hype all the b.s. and this is it ?

yes i know it will get better but for launch titles... this is it ? please...

i been playing games for longer than most you kiddies been alive. or many of you at least. lol.
and i know the cycles of how things get better with time. but this supposed beast ... impressed ?? not even the slightest.

i can play my 2.13ghz Dothan Laptop with a x700 video card on my TV and play any game i want to and its looking just as good and thats in Std Def.

but hey time will pass programmers wont be so rushed and it will get better. i jsut wonder if anyone sat in front of their tv and said to themselves,,, this is it ?

#4 metaldevil

metaldevil

Webhead

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 27 November 2005 - 09:24 PM

Simple solution for you: don't buy one. You'd probably enjoy watching a movie with tons of special effects more than playing video games anyway.

I, myself, could give a shit about the graphics. Gameplay and fun factor come first. Anyone who has played the GTA games on the Xbox will tell you they look like crap, but they're a tremendous amount of fun. Remember: they're games. You're supposed to have fun with them not expect them to be visually impressive. Look at Auto Modellista. It looks terrific, but it plays horribly, and it's no fun.

#5 tonloc79

tonloc79

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 27 November 2005 - 10:08 PM

i got COD2, Kameo, and PGR3 and am playing them on a 46" DLP HD WS and it looks goegeous to me. You probably payed close to what the 360 costs just for your graphics card alone. Anyways all 3 games you listed are all beautiful games so maybe a trip to the optomatrist is in your near future.

#6 DonkeyBeliever

DonkeyBeliever

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 11:10 PM

PGR3 is awesome, and when was the last time PGR was even on PC? It isnt AFAIK... Just another person salty that they didn't get a x360 and crying because every place to get one is charging upwards of 600 bucks... get over it, you didn't plan ahead just wait until the next shipment!

#7 t_mac_ca

t_mac_ca

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Interests:Xbox<br />Halo 2 modding
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 27 November 2005 - 11:15 PM

those games u saw are launch titles... games will start to look better in the coming month's

#8 Staple

Staple

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 27 November 2005 - 11:38 PM

yea i hope games wlil look better im not blown away at all by 360 graphics im dissappointed.

metaldevil|: your a moron graphics are a big part of what the xbox 360 is all about why do you think it costs so much? i play nintendo games they look like ass but i still play them this has nothing to do with him talking about the xbox 360

Edited by Staple, 27 November 2005 - 11:39 PM.

#9 skuzzman

skuzzman

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 02:44 AM

As much as MS tries to bring the console and PC worlds into the same realm, it still involves two different types of gamers. THis is what is in play here. You have PC vs Console. I myself just sunk about $500 into my computer for a less-than top-of-the-line upgrade, but decent enough to get the next two years worth of games played on it. My points are as follows:

- Launch titles are crap, look like ass, and do not push what the hardware is capable of. This is true of the 360 as well, but CoD2 does showcase the processing power quite nicely.
- Forget being impressed with the visuals and consider them through the filter of the art direction for the game itself. Kameo is not the most hi-poly game but in terms of the artistic theme is beautiful visually. Realism is over-rated, immersion is the key. Need for Speed Most wanted is also excellent visually but needs some physics for the destructible environment.
- The sports titles got the facelift they needed for all the sports nuts to go gaga over for the next five years.
- Where are the games that allow for custom soundtracks? THose that should do not (NFSMW and THAW) and those that don't need it (sports titles) have it. What gives?

As for the PC world - they can be impressed on their own time and their own dime as the cost of upgrade for a computer far exceeds that of a new console that is obsolete every 5-6 years. In the mean time...everyone play nice.

#10 tonloc79

tonloc79

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 02:59 AM

THose that should do not (NFSMW and THAW)
you can play custom soundtracks on any game. i havent tried THAW but i thought all games work. NFSMW does. just hit the ring of light and then go to your playlist and hit play. worked for me.

#11 metaldevil

metaldevil

Webhead

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 03:14 AM

QUOTE(Staple @ Nov 27 2005, 05:45 PM) View Post
metaldevil|: your a moron graphics are a big part of what the xbox 360 is all about why do you think it costs so much? i play nintendo games they look like ass but i still play them this has nothing to do with him talking about the xbox 360
Wow. Just wow. It doesn't sound like you understood my post at all. For that matter, it doesn't sound like you understood his. And calling me a moron because you think your opinion holds more import than mine? That's childish. Same advice for you, pal: don't buy an Xbox 360 if you're so unhappy with the product. Your complaints will do nothing to benefit you. I, for one, am completely satisfied with my purchase.

@skuzzman:
PGR3 doesn't directly allow custom soundtracks. You have to hit the guide button then choose your music. You can play music from your hdd (only ripped CDs AFAIK), portable device like a USB thumb drive, or even stream it directly from your PC via Windows Media Connect. I'm assuming you can do this for any game.

#12 tonloc79

tonloc79

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 03:59 AM

PGR3 doesn't directly allow custom soundtracks. You have to hit the guide button then choose your music. You can play music from your hdd (only ripped CDs AFAIK), portable device like a USB thumb drive, or even stream it directly from your PC via Windows Media Connect. I'm assuming you can do this for any game.

Exactly cause its kinda like your playing the music from your dash over the game. Its what the original XBOX wanted but didnt have! beerchug.gif

#13 hamwbone

hamwbone

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 28 November 2005 - 06:02 AM

to me i find it alot better, sitting in front of my 55 inch HD i can tell you the games look awsome, and most of them play awsome. yes, people are going to be disapointed by some of the graphics, games arent going to be virtual reality for a long time, next gen is what it is - next gen doesnt mean its the end of the line gameing machine and never going to be any better, some people are mistaken. the biggest thing i notice is how much the atmosphere in the game changes with full 5.1 sound that sounds great, 10X as many enemies, realistic looking faces, advanced AI that will make you hide, killer volumetric smoke, bump mapping, realistic lighting and more polygons! the graphics are alot better then the xbox. once this thing gets up and running like it should hopefully youll see a killer game that will make you want the system, they arent forcing you to buy it. if you want to wait for the ps3 go ahead and wait another year and a half. in the mean time im having a great time on the 360! biggrin.gif

#14 Manobeer

Manobeer

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 06:40 AM

QUOTE(LESTAT @ Nov 27 2005, 09:46 AM) View Post

frankly ill let all you kiddies act like retards

THE IRONY.

I mean yeah you sound real mature rolleyes.gif

QUOTE(LESTAT @ Nov 27 2005, 10:52 AM) View Post
i can play my 2.13ghz Dothan Laptop with a x700 video card on my TV and play any game i want to and its looking just as good and thats in Std Def.

whoo I was about to take you seriously until this doozy came out. Ok now we know that you claim to have two awesome PCs and that you have been playing games for decades.

You keep asking if any of us were impressed, I can honestly say I am not impressed one bit.

#15 tonloc79

tonloc79

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 07:35 AM

Sounds to me like the only person your tryin to convince is yourself!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users