• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 aviynw

aviynw

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 07:40 PM

okay, I have read many tutorials on-line and I think I am doing everything exactly correct. I have an esecuter 2.6 chip running evox. In evox I set my xbox to an ip address like 192.168.0.2, subnet mask 255.255.255.0 and defualt gateway to the ip address of my computer which I have set to 192.168.0.1. I've also enabled ftp in the xbox setting and am 100% I am using a crossover cable ( I am connecting my xbox directly to my computer). I know that my computer is making some connection to the xbox because if I turn my xbox off my computer says network cable unplugged. Also if I try to connect using windows built in tool, it acts as if it connects and then fails when tries to verify the username and password. I have tried using flashxp, smart ftp, IE, and other programs but they all fail with a message like "the other computer is not responding." I don't know what to do, I've read numerous, numerous forum posts on-line and none of them seem to help me. I also went into the bios options of my computer, there are some settings related to LAN like "LAN option ROM." When it first didn't work I switched all these options to enable but it still didn't work. also my ethernet driver is by marvell yukon. I also have a ethernet driver by nvidia which I will try next, but am unable to right now. If anyone could offer me any help it would be much appreciated. Can it be that evox is currupt and I need to reinstall it?.

Thanks

#2 aviynw

aviynw

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 08:36 PM

Please help me.

#3 T-Bagz

T-Bagz

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 01 December 2005 - 09:57 PM

When your xbox and your PC are both online, can you ping your xbox from your PC?

#4 jameswalter

jameswalter

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,881 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 01 December 2005 - 10:06 PM

Disable any firewall software you have...and stick to a FTP program...IE sucks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users