• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 heavyPixel

heavyPixel

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 08:00 PM

About a year ago I hacked my first gen Xbox with an X-chip, evox, and the latest (then) release of Avalaunch.

Everything worked like gangbusters, I had XBMC running, and then I moved. I left my Xbox in a closet for a few months, and when I went to pull it out and boot it up it now drops directly into the MS Dashboard. The Evox/X-Chip splash screens no longer display, and I can't interrupt the boot cycle (I've tried key combos on the controller and holding down the power or eject button...).

At first I thought maybe the chip had become unseated, so I checked it and it was snug on the motherboard, eminating a red light. I believe that's normal, right?

If anyone can help me troubleshoot this, I'd be extremely appreciative. I haven't modified any of the files on the Xbox since it was in a known "good" configuration, so I'm not sure what exactly is going on (probably something really simple).

Thanks for saving Christmas, guys! biggrin.gif

#2 heavyPixel

heavyPixel

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 10:37 PM

FYI, when I boot the power button is solid green (even though at one point, prior to these problems, I had it configured to red).

#3 tihspeed

tihspeed

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 November 2005 - 12:40 AM

If you havn't done anything with your box....

Did you check the DO wire... that is usually the cause of much grief... sometimes you have to move it round in the hole to make sure it makes contact with the sides...

#4 heavyPixel

heavyPixel

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 03:13 AM

I opened the box, jiggled around and re-sat the D0 wire, and it worked for one boot. Then it died and went back to being disabled, booting to the MS dashboard.

then i did it again, removing and re-inserting the D0 wire, and again it worked once, and then stopped. This time I didn't even reassemble it between the boots (literally turn on, work, turn off, turn on, disabled).

If it's a dead chip battery, why would it work at all? Granted, the two times it worked I only saw the splash screen before I turned the box off. Maybe that has something to do with it?

#5 tihspeed

tihspeed

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 02 December 2005 - 01:30 AM

Well If it booted once it will boot again.. On all of my installs I usually took the end of the DO wire and made a slight bend in the end back towards the chip. I seated the chip and then placed the DO wire in its position flexing the do wire straight so the hook will grab the side wall of the hole.

I had similar problems with one particualr box. I also noted that first I put the adapter just outside of the sodder. Once I knew my chip was placed correctly I figured out I paced the chip on the wrong prongs or I mis-aligned them. Try that... I know its tedious to keep taking the box apart all the time. Leave your case apart and make sure the power light on the chip its self comes on. Once you get your problem fixed, If you do alot of moving and have no intention of ever removing your chip, I suggest using a little hot glue to set your chip so as to not run into this problem again. Hope any of this helps. I would suggest calling eb2k but I see on the board sombody is having problems contacting. good luck

#6 QuanMnauQ

QuanMnauQ

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Computers<br />Modding Xboxs<br />Creating Templates<br />Designing websites<br />Build CPU's
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 17 July 2006 - 03:04 PM

you should try putting all your evox and x-chip files on C: and F:, by going to Xbox file explorer which should be on your settings because I have an X-chip as well.

#7 pricemeista33

pricemeista33

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 19 July 2006 - 07:25 PM

Try reflashing you X-Chip with 1.3 Bios found @ #xbins. Sounds like your bios is corrupt. When you reflash the bios make sure that you hold down the flash button on the usb programmer for at least 20 seconds to allow proper flash. Press the start button on your controller repeatedly while holding down the flash button too.

QUOTE(QuanMnauQ @ Jul 17 2006, 03:11 PM) View Post

you should try putting all your evox and x-chip files on C: and F:, by going to Xbox file explorer which should be on your settings because I have an X-chip as well.

NONONONONONNNONO Sonny
You want to use the "All on F" option to keep M$ from looking in and being nosy! Install only the original M$ Dash on "C".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users